• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any

Magnus watched with amusement as Karaugh and Dahmer interact, the mare curling a proverbial finger at his companion and leading him away. He nodded toward the black stallion and then turned back to Djinni, chuckling under his breath and rolling his shoulders. “Well, they certainly look like they’re going to go have fun.” He didn’t begrudge the stallion for following his more primal instincts, or even think less of him, but he did take note of them; it was a good thing to know about Dahmer for future visits.

Turning his bright gaze back to Djinni, he grinned at her, happy to dive back into the more surface-level diplomacy. “I certainly would not have complained to share Tephra with the sisterhood,” he mused, thinking on it. “I grew up in the jungle. I have always had a deep respect for the Amazons.” Magnus didn’t speak about his mother and how he had technically grown up a prince; it wasn’t really necessary for the conversation and he wasn’t one to boast—especially for things just handed to him. He had done nothing to earn his title of Prince. It was simply a circumstance of his birth. Not anything to brag on.

“Tephra was originally led by an alliance of the Tundra, Chamber, Valley, and Gates.” His lopsided smile grew at the explanation; he knew just how odd that sentence sounded. “However, the other original leaders have since stepped down to lead private lives within the land. Leaving me.” He shrugged again and gave her a somewhat boyish grin. “Although I don’t like to think of myself as ruling anything. I am just there to guide as best I can. I am lucky to have great members and a strong Council.”

He considered telling her more about their current system, but since she had not explicitly asked, he decided against it. He had always preferred to keep his cards close to his chest anyway. “What of Sylva? You said you and Stillwater rule it, but how are you guys established? More of a traditional kingdom?”

out of the blue out into the loneliest place that you'll ever know
    I carried the world just as far as I could but the damage had taken its toll

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 01-18-2017, 10:49 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 01-28-2017, 09:07 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 02-03-2017, 08:35 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by magnus - 02-05-2017, 01:56 AM