• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any
    djinni

He mentions the Chamber, and Djinni doesn’t hide the curiosity in her expression. She had spent some time in the Chamber, but it was never quite enough to call it home – it was simply where Walter was. The names that Magnus includes in tale are strangers to her – Offspring, Eight – but it seems that since they’re gone away she might never even meet them. It matters little, she decides.

The lull that Beqanna rests in is not as desirable for Djinni; she has always been the one to do the stirring. She had promises to keep and oaths to uphold though, and for now doesn’t press the idea of alliances. Instead she smiles graciously as the buckskin stallion suggests that she show him around. “I’d be glad to show you Sylva,” she replies, stepping forward. She moves past Magnus a little closer than necessary, flirtatious but not especially tempting, and adds that: “Though it probably won’t be as exciting as theirs…unless you’re especially interested in trees.”

Djinni grins, gesturing into the woods ahead of her. Sylva is full of deciduous trees, and while she does miss the sweet scent of pines and the tropical notes of her beloved palms, there is something soothing about this forest. It is old, despite the fact that it doesn’t seem to have existed prior to the reckoning. Or perhaps it had existed someplace else? She has never delved too deeply into the theoretical conflicts of magic; she has never needed to. They continue to walk for a ways until the sound of rushing water reaches their ears. Ahead, winding through the autumnal woods, is a brief stretch of white water, complete with a waterfall the height of an average horse.

“Not especially grandiose,” says the grullo mare as she turns to the stallion with a smile, “But rather fitting considering the history behind so many of the residents here.”

current appearance:
    natural build - slim
    smoky grullo tobiano
    sea green eyes
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 01-18-2017, 10:49 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 01-28-2017, 09:07 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 02-03-2017, 08:35 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Djinni - 02-17-2017, 08:58 AM