• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any
    djinni

Immortality is not uncommon in Beqanna, but the way that Magnus refers to his lives suggests that there is something more than that to his story. She returns his smile, suspecting that prying behind that elusive grin is unlikely to yield results. She does not mind – they all have their secrets – but her smile does seem a bit more genuine as the buckskin stallion gives her the condensed very of what she expects is a rather long tale.

Djinni listens, genuinely interested, and she smiles as he speaks of moving back and forth from one kingdom to another. He speaks of returning to the Gates in the same way she feels she must speak of returning to Beqanna – except that she does not ever speak of it. As someone who has only recently called a land home, she does not entirely understand. Still, her smile is warm and she does manage to elicit a small bit of empathy (not his fault, hers – and not even a fault) for his circumstances. She is quiet when he is. Something in his expression tells her that he might need it.

Then he turns the question back to her. “I was born in the Deserts.” she tells him with a smile, “But after that I never settled. I spent some time in the Chamber, but never enough to call it home.” Djinni pauses, thinking of her conversation with Lucrezia. “I was fortunate, I think. I do not have anywhere to really miss. This New Beqanna is much the same as the Old one, at least for me.”

current appearance:
    natural build - slim
    smokey grullo tobiano
    sea-green eyes
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 01-18-2017, 10:49 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 01-28-2017, 09:07 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 02-03-2017, 08:35 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Djinni - 02-23-2017, 06:07 PM