• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the walls kept tumbling down; Djinni/Any
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    At first glance, he thinks that a stranger is approaching. He draws himself up, straightening, prepared to meet a new person, but then something makes him hesitate, tilt his head, and trail his glance from head to toe to make sure he isn’t seeing things. By the time she reaches him, Brennen is sure that it is his wish-granter he is looking at, though she is very different than in the Meadow. No wings, a single horn, and a different color give her a more natural air than the dragon wings, purple color, and gold horns she’d sported before.

“Djinni,” he greets her with a half-smile, glad that he at least has a familiar face for this first landing. Hopefully she has the time to get him a little more acquainted with the place before he delves into any other interactions. There’s no guarantee that protocols and procedures haven’t changed as radically as the lands themselves, and he is loathe to mis-step and cause accidental offense. He’ll have plenty of opportunity to cause purposeful offense later on, he’s sure. “That’s a neat trick,” he observes aloud, and can’t help wonder what other talents she has up her metaphorical sleeves.

“Perhaps you could tell me more about Nerine,” he continues after a pause, “if you’ve the time. I don’t want to make any assumptions, as I am sure many things have changed in this new world.” A shadow passes over and he lifts his head to check the horizon, but it is only a seabird in the air above them, not the familiar blue-gray wingspan of his granddaughter. He doesn’t expect her from the air – she will most likely walk, with Cassady – but there is always the chance she will come alone. Bringing his face back down to look at his current companion, he shuffles his wings into a more comfortable position and offers in explanation, “I am expecting two of my granddaughters will join me here as well. The Meadow is not particularly to their liking either.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the walls kept tumbling down; Djinni/Any - by Brennen - 01-21-2017, 10:43 PM