• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

zoryn, dovev, anyone;
    She softened, melted into his touch as she used to. It fueled him for more, as it always had. His heart filled with hope as he pressed against her more firmly. "Dovev," she said softly, the same angel's voice he'd always known. His pulse quickened, but she spoke again before he could shower her with more affection. "Can you take our daughter out of the meadow? I don't want her here." He froze, holding his breath. What was this? "I want to regain my strength, but I will catch up with you."

He pulled back carefully, diving deep into her soft eyes. It sounded right, but felt wrong. His blood chilled, uncertain. Leave her behind? For how long? What was wrong with the meadow? He didn't ask, tried to find the answers for himself in her gaze, but it turned to their daughter, and with her voice his followed. "My happiness is right in front of us."

Her maternal noises and sweet affection for Atrani released some of the tension in him. She loved her, she wouldn't leave them. She'd find them, catch up like she'd said. Cerva had never lied to him before, never. He was a fool to doubt her even for a second. She had always been so impossibly perfect. An angel. His mare, his Cerva. "It's us," she whispered, and he swallowed his lingering doubts. Unfounded doubts. Black velvet brushed gently against the lovely red-gold of her cheek, his heart in his eyes. "Take us out of the meadow, away from here. Let me rest."

He shoved down the pain in his heart, not understanding why this hurt so badly. He would see her again, she said so. She was coming too. They would be a family, raise their daughter together. Just as she had always wanted. So he put his trust in her, his faith in her, and ignored the prickling needles pinning slowly into his heart. He kissed her temple gently, closing his eyes and pulling in her fragrance that was so warm and soft, like her. As you wish, Cerva, he murmured quietly, sadly. Because this still felt wrong, to leave her again.

He stepped away to retrieve their daughter, suddenly unable to look at Cerva, unable to meet those perfect eyes. Unwilling to find a fault in them, when his heart whispered there would be.

Atrani, he whispered into her little crest, savoring the name on his tongue, the name her mother gave her. He kissed her poll, just behind her right ear. His little Cerva. He trailed his lips down her inverted blaze, placing another light kiss on her small nose and swaddling her in his scent. Come with me, my heart. I will keep you safe. Just as I was trained to.

His heart cracked more with each careful step they took away from Cerva. But he never turned back. Something told him not to.

She would never lie. His Cerva was perfect.
    She always would be.

Messages In This Thread
    zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Cerva - 01-22-2017, 02:11 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Zoryn - 01-23-2017, 01:43 AM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Dovev - 01-23-2017, 10:04 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Cerva - 01-24-2017, 08:52 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Dovev - 01-28-2017, 01:36 AM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Cerva - 01-28-2017, 06:59 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Dovev - 01-28-2017, 09:30 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Cerva - 01-28-2017, 10:55 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Dovev - 01-29-2017, 11:16 AM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Zoryn - 01-31-2017, 10:37 PM