• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  trait petition
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    The Mountain.

It towers high above and stares forebodingly down at Nayl as she reaches its base. For months, she had been biding her time by making rounds and venturing far and wide across this new Beqanna. The new scenery intrigued her as she forged new paths and expanded her knowledge of who and where. There was – is – so much beyond Nerine, and she wanted to grasp any information she could before bringing herself back here again. The faeries had been gracious enough to return the security of her mind and her immortality, but she comes now with a greater want – a larger need – and stares up at the looming path as she contemplates her travels.

Spring has arrived, but the temperatures are cooler along the coast and near the Mountain. A thin layer of sweat lathers her coat, but is chilled by a gentle gale as it weaves through the nearby forests. A brief glance back over her shoulder ensures that no one is near. Her mind is closed to all others – a fact she revels in – but she questions whether anyone would actually busy themselves with following her on the tiresome venture. Satisfied, she resumes and ascends the winding, rocky path toward the snowy peak.

The thinning air forces her to take an occasional pause where she stands and looks down what she has traversed before peering up at what lies ahead. It’s an arduous trek, but as the magic begins thrumming in her veins again, she is reminded that it’s well worth the effort. To be truly – and wholly – herself again is to mean a stronger and more powerful Queen. Nerine will be proud of her and she will savor the taste of victory at having everything returned.

When she reaches the snowy peak, a smile tips up the corners of her mouth. Despite the quivering of her muscles and the burning of her lungs, Nayl finds it in her to muster the strength to complete her mission here.

”Beqanna,” she gulps another lungful of air as her autumn-colored eyes rove hungrily across her surroundings, ”I’ve come asking to be wholly pieced together again. I have been working to see this new world that has been forged and paved for us. I have seen how powerful, dangerous, and tender you can be. To wield it and to feel this world course through my veins again is the last thing I will ask of you. I come here asking to animate this new scenery you’ve created for us, and to be unified with what you’ve been so gracious to give us.” She falls quiet then and settles into a silence that seems like an eternity. Through them – through the power and majesty they’ve applied to this land – she will be a true Queen of Beqanna.

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation
    Please post a list to your point tracker and your total points.
    http://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12117

And here I thought you could read my mind xD -facepalm- Sorry about that
    Granted