• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I need noise, I need the buzz of a sub [ANY]
    Kilte
    R
    the feelin' like you're smilin' even brighter when the weather's shit
    S

trange. It seemed that Kilter’s whole life had been strange. A magician father, identical triplets, a jurassic mother, a life with the wolves, Death and his Angel. It did seem like a fairy tale of sorts - but wasn’t all of Beqanna like that? A place with women like Circy, skin of the forest, wolves waiting beneath her to sprout out. What would Kilter’s fairy tale entail? What was in store for him once Death decided to bare his ugly teeth down?
    His Angel picked up where he faltered - something that Kilter had come to know and trust upon. Their relationship had sprung from the frost of winter, where she placed her body before his to challenge Death. And now it flowed as easily as the thawed spring rivers; they flowed through one another as easily as the water, bending and rippling to whatever life placed before them. Her voice was certain, strong and unwavering, as Kilter had come to expect from her. We will do as we please; and Kilter had found this to be true. Death did not hold them down, his Angel had taken them to new lands, unfettered by Death. But Kilter knew it was only by her hand that he was free - without her guidance, Death would have struck by now.
    Circy reaffirmed, flourishing a maternal ease with Kilter - she was friendly, settling right into his childish demeanor, never speaking down to him for his lack of experience or age. At her request of a friendship, Kilter’s ears perked up and his eyes went wide, a small stomp coming from his front feet. “Yes!I’ll be your friend. I don’t have many either, just my Angel. I once had wolves for friends, but they are all gone now.” His face shadows, remembering the first months of his life that he had ran with the magical Valley pack. His bright blue eyes caught Raeg’n’s - “Angel, can she be our friend? Death will allow me friends, right?” His eyes pleaded to his Angel- the one he trusted above all else, he knew that Raeg’n would allow no harm to come to him - that if she deemed a friend appropriate, then it would be okay.
    He turned to Circy once more, “You can come with us if my Angel says it’s okay. I’m learning to fight soon. But-” a slight frown was coerced from his mouth, “- I”m not sure when Death is coming.” A dark warning from such a young thing, but Kilter did not know what Death had in store - and the last thing he wanted was for a new friend to be taken down with him.

k i l t e r
    eight and topsail’s timid telekinetic
    -Raeg'n-
    The woman mentioned she came in search of adventure -and friends- and Raeg'n was put on edge again. She buried it beneath an outward calm, her eyes sharp. "Would you like to be my friend, Ruan?" she asked her boy. She ground her teeth silently. Of course she wanted him to have friends. He deserved them. Every boy should have a number of friends. But she still felt a sharp sting at the immediate eagerness in his voice.

"Angel, can she be our friend? Death will allow me friends, right?" She cooled the growing emotions within her, hollowed herself out and gave him a decidedly wicked grin. Death has no say over our friendships. She is yours if you choose. She paused a moment before continuing, allowing him to see strong connections to other people from a new angle.

Your life may be dangerous for friends. The ones you take become vulnerabilities and you put them in danger. She shrugged and said nothing more. It was between him and Circy whether or not the danger of their lives would include her. She was careful to say your life and not our life, trying not to force herself into it more than she already was. She wasn't sure she'd leave if he didn't want her there, but she'd much rather he be happy as well as safe.

For friends herself, she only had him.

Lauchlan was far away, unreachable. As was Magnus. There were no others in her life. Only her boy and the devil that threatened him. She was content with it, so long as he was happy. One day, she would find Lauchlan again. Maybe one day, her boy would come with her.

Image © Wizards of the Coast LLC
    In the lengthening daylight the shadows dulled Ruan’s once bright coat. He was greying now, and soon night would come and steal all of the color from this world - so much so that even Circinae’s bright jade coat would fade to black ink. Her eyes blink suddenly and her attention shifts to the thick woodland, ears stirring to attention at something that flits between the trees. Deer, perhaps. A sharp hunger rips through her gut and abruptly she’s so very, very aware of the nearness of the foal. His sweet mouth is downturned, eyes lowered to the ground and she cannot help but let her gaze stray to line of his chin … to run along the shape of his soft, sooty neck and look for a pulse, just … there.

“She has a point, I think.” Circy replies instantly, head rising in one swift, sharp motion to lock onto Raeg’n’s face. “Best that we both be prepared for Death before too much adventure.” Her tail swings once in the still air around them … and then her face lightens, a warm smile wiping all trace of edges from her features. “I think for now I’ll go home to Taiga, Ruan. But if you ever need a friend you know where to find me.” She says pleasantly, wanting instead to tell him that not all of his wolf friends were gone. “Same difference.” The shifter tells herself, winking in his direction before turning away.

She offers Raeg’n a demure nod and then she is heading elsewhere from them, rounded chest parting the grasses before her while the soft chirp of insects begin to rise in the air. As she sinks in between the towering trunks, far beyond the reach of her new acquaintances, Circinae can’t help but point her nose to the darkening sky and ponder over the chances of a full moon. Ruan’s coat would gleam like silver, and hers would would blend with the shadows, where safety ran in numbers … and where the boy had a new ally.
    Circinae
    I need the crack of a whip, I need some blood in the cut
    HTML by Call