• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I need noise, I need the buzz of a sub [ANY]
    -Raeg'n-
    Sometimes it flashed through her mind, the day she was called to him. He had been so frail, so thin. Starving. Barely breathing, barely alive. So very weak as the demon stood over him, speaking sweetly, making promises to save his life and give him purpose. And he'd innocently consented.

It locked into place within her, her entire reason for being placed on this earth by her angel mother. She caught that demon's scent, recognized it instantly, and placed herself protectively before the boy. A small battle ensued, but the damage had been done. The boy had agreed, and Deimos would ensure he kept to it by any means necessary, and she'd not let him go without her protection. She was meant for this. She was his and he would be saved.

"Please, please can we go? I promise I won't wander far. I swear I'll listen to everything you say." He begged her, pleaded to escape their prison for just a while. She'd stared hard at him without a word as she considered. Outwardly, she appeared stern, while inwardly she was roiling in worry and fear for him. For them. She had limits, weaknesses he wasn't privy to, kept safely secret within her. To all others, she was invincible, impervious. But she knew the truth.

Her brows were pulled tight together, a frown that was both hard and concerned. She didn't know the first thing about raising a child, she was just barely grown from her own childhood, but he craved adventure and freedom as deeply as her own wild heart did. They had kept closer to Pangea to keep him safe, because it was the demon's wish that they remain there. But he was all-powerful wasn't he? And he would find them regardless when he decided it was time to use his new tool and the guardian that remained attached to him.

She gave him a short nod, and let him lead, her eyes passing over their surroundings as always. When they reached the meadow, he bounded off as though he hadn't a care in the world. It tugged a smile from her, enjoying the opportunity to see him as he should be: happy, free of worries. Just a child. She should do better at carrying their burdens for him. This light in his eyes was worth whatever cost that may be.

She raced after him easily, her coat the color of Heaven's night and hair the nebula orange of undiscovered galaxies. He approached a woman, the only other she'd ever seen as brightly colored as herself, and she fell in behind him. Then she remembered he probably wanted space, and stepped aside a ways with a grimace.

"Hi," he greeted her shyly, and Raeg'n simply nodded her own silent hello from where she was, content to let him interact as though he was not constantly watched and hovered over. Guarded. Safe. Always. Her gaze wandered blankly, wondering the likelihood anyone would recognize her. Lauchlan..
    Image © Wizards of the Coast LLC

Messages In This Thread
    I need noise, I need the buzz of a sub [ANY] - by Circinae - 01-23-2017, 11:52 AM
    RE: I need noise, I need the buzz of a sub [ANY] - by Raeg'n - 01-23-2017, 07:14 PM
    RE: I need noise, I need the buzz of a sub [ANY] - by Circinae - 01-23-2017, 08:01 PM
    RE: I need noise, I need the buzz of a sub [ANY] - by Circinae - 01-25-2017, 08:56 PM
    RE: I need noise, I need the buzz of a sub [ANY] - by Circinae - 01-30-2017, 12:12 PM
    RE: I need noise, I need the buzz of a sub [ANY] - by Circinae - 02-14-2017, 12:18 AM