• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater
    Stillwater
    Each time he hesitated, each time he pulled away before touching her, those soulful eyes met his with such a look that took his breath away. He wasn't sure he should touch her, wasn't sure she would want it. Would it frighten her away to be so close with a stranger? A much older stranger. He did not want to make her run. But that look in her eyes.. was as if she were confused and hurt when he wouldn't touch her, as he left her warmth and abandoned her.

She walked up to him, her eyes on his silvered ankle, and her velvet barely whispered across his bicep as she dipped down to it, once again stealing his breath. She surveyed his chain and his muscles stiffened. He hadn't meant to draw her attention so fully to it, didn't like when people noticed it. But he was frozen in place as her delicate ivory teeth clamped and tugged at it, trying to test its strength. He didn't speak, didn't tell her it was useless. Didn't admit that he was touched she even tried at all, that it bothered her so. He swallowed, and watched her intently in silence. But he didn't like her growing upset.

Luster.. he whispered, trying to turn her attention from it. But she was focused, and driven, and when at last she let it hang at his ankle again, she straightened and tapped the line of his jaw. He grit his teeth as a fire immediately ignited bright in his dark eyes. His gaze locked on her, slowly tracing the soft curves of her pretty face. He was on the verge of losing something, but he wasn't sure what. He could do nothing but trail his way back up and stare into those liquid-honey eyes. The short distance between them charged with an electricity even her stars couldn't vibrate to.

She broke their gaze -but not the tension- as her petite head came to rest at his shoulder. He released a long, slow breath, almost not even registering what she was saying, that she was speaking. "That is a terrible secret to tell a stranger." He thought maybe he should apologize then, that his story had struck her so painfully. But he was rendered silent, his mind lost in the feel of her against him. Not in lust as he should be used to expecting, it was the nature of his beast after all, but in..comfort maybe. For him, or for her, he wasn't sure which. Perhaps it was meant to soothe them both.

His lips parted, about to speak when she moved again with a sigh. She pulled away, touched her mouth so near his and set his heart suddenly tripping. It shouldn't affect him so. She was so young, nearly a child. No, more of a teen. Like a teenage human ten years his junior. He was experienced, and she was naive. He was.. suddenly confused by the turn things were taking. She stripped away and paced further down the bank.

Luster.. he tried again, feeling a strong urge to soothe her frustration, not wanting her to think on it any more. Eyes bright with anger turned to meet his. "It isn't right."

Luster, he coaxed softly, knowing he had done this to her, turned her mood so sour. Don't fret, please. I am fine, but why would she care about that? He stepped back as if to show her all of him, I am whole, I am here. This is nothing. He shrugged, and gave her a gentle, boyish grin. He reached for her as she returned to him, no longer afraid of scaring her off with his intimacy. She had taken that step first, and now he felt it was safe to at least match it. So he matched her stride, met her halfway and lightly brushed his velvet along her cheek.

He was slowly forgetting she was so young, now she was only small. Only petite and delicate. She said he wasn't crazy -no, she said he was definitely crazy, but that she was too. He chuckled softly, a rolling sound of unintentional seduction, as he brushed a strand of hair from her face. She was causing such strange things to stir inside him. Such new things. But he caught the subtle droop to her cupped ears, the faintest slump in her shoulders and weight on her spine.

Shhh, he murmured into her cheek, come to bed, sweet starshine. He tensed a moment, realizing what he said, how she might take it, and amended it softly. Come rest in my home. I will remain outside until you wake. Because he could be a gentleman, because he would guard her and let her sleep peacefully in the closest thing to home she had just then. And if he had to, he would see her off in the morning, safely to the border and to her freedom.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater - by Stillwater - 01-28-2017, 11:53 PM