• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings; Kilter/Raeg'n and Any
    He was transforming, like the world around him. As spring passed, flourishing with flowers and creatures and new birth - Kilter too grew and flourished. The Angel had replenished him, had lifted his sunken and sallow body from the depths of winter and turned him into a burning force of life. He no longer stumbled through their travels, save for when his Angel would bump into him - a test of strength and a challenge of the future. He was no longer entirely timid, either - Raeg’n had brought him through Beqanna, and they had conversed with others. While Kilter still faltered at times, unsure of what to do or say, the Angel was always behind him, coaxing him on.
    They had remained in Nerine for the past few days - enjoying the fresh waters, the flush fields, and reveling in the vast difference of it to Death’s house. It was a welcome change, and it showed in Kilter’s body and spirit.
    Today would be another day of play fights, romping through the sands, and filling up on the green grasses that Pangea so lacked. Kilter followed Raeg’n dutifully - and whenever he roamed too far, he heard her brief call to him before running back to his night sky once more. It was one of these moments where Kilter was wandering slightly askew, when he looked up to see that his Angel was not alone. A winged woman stood before her, and his Angel seemed to know her.
    Kilter cantered up, his body in a sheen of sweat from their bouts, and his Angel gave him a nudge and an introduction. Kilter glowed inside - each touch of approval from his Angel was another reassurance that he had done right, was doing right.
    He nodded his silver head in greeting, lessons learned from Raeg’n - always be polite, but be on guard. But it is not long before another woman approaches- black and white, she created her own night sky where as Kilter and Raeg’n made one together.
    Kilter, confidence bolstered in Raeg’n’s presence, spoke to the queen. “I’m Ruan. This is my Angel and her friend. We live in Death’s house - but it’s awfully lonely there. We came to eat and play.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings; Kilter/Raeg'n and Any - by k i l t e r - 01-30-2017, 10:28 AM