• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I put everything I had into something that didn't grow; dahmer

I know what it is but I'm hoping that all is well
    no harvest of green but it's still my heart to sell

She had never been truly praised for her gift before.

More often than not, she did it without telling anyone where it was coming from. She liked to heal from afar, pressing the tendrils of her gift outward into the wild, rooting out the aches and the pains and then easing them from the shadows—watching as they looked out to find the source of the new ease in their body. And the times that she had healed up close and personal, it had been with Dovev who had never truly wasted time on flattery. She burned with the thought of him and glanced downward.

“That’s kind of you to say,” her voice was quiet, and although she too felt the distance between them, she didn’t move to bridge it. It was too bold, too much to ask of her, and she couldn’t find it in herself to do it. So instead she stood apart, teal wings still tucked in close to her side, the feathers of them soft. At his wink, she blushed. “I—I don’t know what to say.” She wasn’t sure anyone had ever done something truly nice for her. She had her sister who cared for her and Magnus who looked after her, but other than that?

She couldn’t think of a time where someone had truly wanted to just be kind.

“Thank you,” she breathed and took a small step toward him—not enough to completely eliminate the distance between them, but enough to lessen it. She thought she could perhaps feel the heat of him, feel the warmth. Curiosity lit her amber eyes and then stilled. “I have a feeling that you would have found plenty of smiles to brighten your day,” just a light touch of teasing, but enough to curl her mouth warmly.

I put everything I had into something that didn't grow
    like going on a wild hunt, shooting arrows without a bow

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Her voice is quiet -- almost feeble -- when she calls him kind, as if she is accepting his compliment just so that she will not appear rude. Dahmer nickers at Leliana, the corners of his lips curled up like always. He stays quiet, lets her work through her thoughts until she comes to find 'thank you', and then, she surprises him as she takes a few tentative steps forward.

He's unsure if she's asking permission to move closer or if she is just too shy to close the gap between them, but Dahmer clears the rest of the distance easily and without hesitation. Leliana jests warmly, the soft corners of her mouth drawing Dahmer's attention. His blue-eyed gaze lingers there for a moment before he moves closer, so that he can now extend his neck and reach the front of her wing with his soft muzzle. He preens the feathers for her, that still match the brilliant blue of his own eyes, and muses quietly to the mare, "Not as beautiful as yours."

Withdrawing so that he will not scare her away, Dahmer takes a few steps backwards, allowing a few inches between them before he stops.

"Tell me more about yourself. You showed me what you can do for others, but I want to see what you do for yourself." He gives a gentle shrug, blue eyes watching Leliana curiously.

ooc / sorry this is kinda... weird

D A H M E R
    break some bread
    for all my sins