• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Immortality
    hey! so i have a kind of question(s);
    1. Are joining traits genetic? Like I got permission to join with an immortal gal (rhyfelwr) and I was wondering if she had a baby, is it possible the foal would be immortal? Is there a statistic or is it just not genetic?

2. If another immortal bred to her, one that has been on BQ, would the foal definitely be immortal, or just higher chances? Agh I don't know how to word this, I hope you get what I'm trying to ask.

3. Is she genetic? so tegteg [IMMORTAL] ? can she be genetic?

Thank you so much! <3
    1. Yes, they are genetic. However, you still have to get her TEG rolled at the trait genetics board to find out if your joined horse is TEGTEG, TEGteg, or tegteg. You can read more about the trait genetics and what they mean here: http://www.beqanna.com/forum/breedingtraitgenetics.php

2. Her foal would inherit the immortality, either as expressed or carried. It's a 50-50 chance to which. If she bred to another immortal horse, it'd be another 50-50 chance of expression - so more likely the foal would express immortality, but not guaranteed, as the foal may just be rolled to carry immortality.

3. Her immortality is expressed regardless due to it being a joining trait, but you need to go to trait genetics (http://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=74) to have it rolled to see how her future foal(s) may be affected.

Also, you are by no means required to have genetics done, or use them for breeding. You're welcome to breed her without having a teg rolled. In those cases, the fairies simply use a stat calculator to see whether the baby inherits traits shared by both parents, father's trait(s) only, mother's trait(s) only, or not traits.