• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

everyone;
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    They’ve been here, living – thriving – but still sedentary. Their voices are the music to their home, playing in sync with the ocean tides and the squawking gulls. They’ve all contributed in making this a home, making it something more than just a spit of land that had been given to them. The fuel that drove them here must never wane or diminish. They each have a purpose and a role to play whether it’s as a mother, warrior, diplomat, queen, or a nomad. Wanting to delve deeper into them, into their untapped potential, Nayl brings herself to a small rolling hill atop the Cliffside where both sand and grass spontaneously erupt and coat the ground. The lull of the waves is still among them, but faint enough for her to be more easily heard.

She calls to them – all of them – and scours her surroundings for a fleeting moment for them to arrive. While in wait, she placidly observes the sparse stalks of grass leaning against her legs as the wind blows. Her mind reels with the past, present, and future. It churns relentlessly with thoughts of Nerine, of Stillwater and Lior, of power. The mixture provides a distraction until they assemble around and in front of her, their eyes searching and curious.

”Those of you who remain without a rank, it’s time to address your purpose here. Do you want to pursue a future as a soldier or as a diplomat? A historian? Something else?” She doesn’t elaborate or bothers to mention that she can create a rank for someone deserving, that they are not bound to what few ranks there currently are. In due time, they will learn. ”You will be placed into a group of Untested. Step forward now to make yourself known and your intentions.” Her eyes, lit by a fire within, sweep across each of their faces dubiously. ”Should you want to be a soldier, you must win one battle in order to be placed into the army. If diplomacy and interkingdom affairs interest you, then you must visit a kingdom and chat with someone there. Bring back new information and things you learned – tell me what you found out. A historian? Do some research and report to me something that has happened in Beqanna prior to the Reckoning – something you learned, not experienced, if you were alive then.”

These are small challenges, small tasks of initiation, but perhaps it will be enough to spark their interests and guide them into their underlying purposes in life.

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation

crappy post, but you get the gist lol
    Carwyn
    Folded wings into flattening veins and fluttering eyes
    Exploring her new home has been a full-time job, if one she took on warily. Nayl had not unceremoniously booted them out of Nerine, but her suspicious approach when Carwyn had been with Reag’n and Ruan had put the young mare on edge. A part of her understands that the other two, not seeking a home here, could very well have been considered trespassers, but the Queen’s and Celeana’s abrasive natures ran contrary to everything she was used to. The Tundra had been so very large, that everyone had been welcomed even if they served little purpose. Or so it had been in Carwyn’s limited experience; she knows nothing of possessive Kings and banished strangers – it had been a quiet place since she was born.

So it is with some trepidation that she comes to the Queen’s call, taking to the sky to find the black-and-white mare, finally spotting her on a raised point where sand and grass and rock all meet in an assortment of textures. She lands a polite distance away and tucks her wings in close, walking the rest of the way to meet the Queen and the others. She offers a small smile, but it doesn’t extend to her bright blue eyes; she eyes the others warily, still wondering if they will be allowed to stay. She’s come to love the sound of the sea and the wind in the sand, and wistfully thinks she will miss them if they must move on and find a home elsewhere.

When there is a pause in the Queen’s speech, she glances around and then speaks up. For now, she lets herself assume they will be allowed to stay. “I’m Carwyn,” she introduces herself with a little bit bigger smile for anyone who has come. “I’m not sure what I’d like to do, but I’d like to give a few things a try and see what suits me. Do you have a preference for who we find to fight, if we are interested in being soldiers?” Perhaps it looks silly – this young mare, completely unscarred from any previous fighting, with a strange light in her eyes when she talks about becoming a soldier. But everyone must start somewhere.
    Somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings
    In the mess of all I have thrown away
    HTML by Call-pic manip by Devin