• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We all are living in a dream {Khaos/Open}
    {in the dark}

Deep brown eyes were intently focused on the sky. It was just the perfect shade of blue, not a cloud in sight. Ghoest often looked to the skies in her youth, hoping one day to be able to just fly away like the birds did. She had always been jealous of their ability to flee and leave everything behind, very little could force them to stay where they didn't want to be. Every winter they fled the snow, and returned when fleeing the heat. Oh how nice it must be...

{and i'm right in the middle mark}

As for the roan mare she was just highly unsure of what to do with her life right now. It was the first time she had ever left her homeland. Though "left" would be more appropriately replaced with "escaped". Even now every voice startled her, fearing she was being followed so many days later. His voice Their voices never left her alone, and with each moment her eyes were closed a chill ran down her spine as she once more listened to those blood curdling screams. But that was behind her, she needed to find somewhere to hide, someone to hide her, for at least a little while. Anyone would suffice right now, how much worse could they be than what she had been dealing with her entire life up to this point? If anything, most equines would serve as a huge improvement.

{i'm just in the tier of everything that rides beneath the surface}

Ghoest snorted and looked around. The grass was tall and plentiful in these lands; unlike what she had ever seen before. Her ribs were finally almost hidden beneath her scar ridden coat, the first time in 2 years at least. Ghoest loved the food nearly as much as freedom; sweet and succulent and life giving. How she had survived for so long on the sparse twigs and browned blades of grass in her homeland Ghoest would never know.

{and i watch from a distance seventeen}

She wanted to move, but she didn't quite have the energy to travel today. Today was most definitely an eating day, like most days had been since her escape. And why not? Food was plentiful, and none of the equines had told her that she couldn't stay and eat here, even though several were scattered across the landscape. A small grin unfolded across the mare's face as she ducked her head into the grass (several blades of which were tall enough to tickle her newly found stomach) until her entire face was hidden. Oh it was so wonderful here!

{and i'm short of the others dreams of being golden and on top}

words: 410
    tags: Khaos
    ooc: ew... kind of a bad post, I'll be better!
    lyrics: Dream- Imagine Dragons
    So far, his return to Beqanna has been thoroughly disappointing. The land is a sad shadow of the place it had been when Elite had ruled the Valley. Back then, the traditional title of ‘evil mythical kingdom’ had meant something, had commanded respect. The other kingdoms had feared them.

But now the kingdom is nothing. Or, that is, it’s just the same as all the other kingdoms. Which amounts to the same thing in his mind. Oh, there’s still a magician patrolling its borders, but it’s not him. Not the all powerful God that had watched over them before. Carnage must have sensed the oncoming downfall, and abandoned them in shame.

He wishes that he could do something about it, that he could restore the Valley to the powerhouse it once was. But he is only once stallion, and few horses seem to still follow the ways of Elite and her kin.

So he will have to downsize his dream, and settle for something smaller. A herd - a tiny kingdom of his own. The only problem is finding mares to fill it with. So far he has had little success in claiming mares for his herd, even though he has lowered his standards to include the untraited (they still have the potential for carrying his traited spawn after all). He has copulated with a few mares this season (drawn in, as they often are, by his impressive ability), but so far none of them have expressed any interest in living with him. Pity. Hopefully their offspring won't be worthless.

But, it's not enough. He wants a herd, and to have a herd, he needs mares. And so he has come to the meadow this time, scoping out the few mares brave enough to venture there during breeding season.

Most of the mares are accompanied unfortunately - likely a precautionary measure against rapists. Not that he can blame them, he supposes - he himself is not above such behaviour, though he has no intention of engaging in it at the moment.

He’s contemplating heading back into the field, when a roan mare catches his eye. He can’t see her face - it’s hidden in a patch of thick grass - but she seems passable enough, with a hint of tempting vulnerability. Her thin sides and scarred coat speak of a difficult past, which could make her either easier, or more difficult, to manipulate. He might as well find out.

He slips a charming smile on his face and approaches, then stops a respectful distance away and clears his throat to catch her attention. He knows that he must cut a very impressive figure - 17 hands of pure iron, his sides gleaming in the sun that streams down from above. Hopefully the combination of charm and induced awe will reel her in. “What’s a pretty thing like you doing here all alone?”
    K H A O S
    iron son of carnage and oswyn
    hell is empty and all the devils are here
    Reference here
    That voice. Ghoest's head shot up, eyes wide with fear, whipping her skull to see the stallion. Oh thank god, it wasn't him. Instead her eyes were filled with the gleaming vision of a metal stag, his sleek sides reflecting the light in every direction. Regardless of how relieved she was, the mare was still unsure of how to react. This new equine towered over her in a perfect stance, just as intimidating as those she once knew. Ghoest was still pretty much frozen in place, still ready to bolt at any moment as adrenaline coursed through her veins, but still afraid to run.

"I... erm.. me? I'm just, uh, eating sir. Is that ok?" Her voice was small and scared, little more than a child's after they've been caught disobeying their parents. Perhaps it wasn't actually ok for her to be here, maybe Ghoest needed to leave. He had scarcely a moment to think before she spoke some more, "I'm just really hungry sir, it's been some time since I was allowed to eat so freely. But if you were here first and I didn't notice you I can leave, it's ok really."

Part of her was really hoping he would tell her to leave, and give her an excuse to. In some ways he really did scare her (though at this point very little didn't), and in some ways she felt as though she might have actually intruded on him and felt that she was being rude. Of course it never did occur to her in this moment that these were open lands, and he was probably looking to talk to mares. In her life, she had been beaten into believing taught that mares were little more than a nuisance to stallions unless they were in heat. And still she believed it, knowing in her heart that stallions had no use for mares outside of breeding season, and only sought to collect them so they had more playthings for the next year.

Despite this, Ghoest managed to crack a smile, trying her hardest to be polite in fear of insulting him. Ghoest tried to straighten out to face him a little bit, her steps choppy and clumsy, mostly from her rushed movements. She kept her head lowered a bit, her eyes looking down towards the ground, after all, eye contact was forbidden with stallions. Or so she had been taught. But oh did she want to run at that moment, just in case he wasn't as nice as his smile suggested.

Words: 420
    Tags: Khaos
    She is so deliciously afraid.  The second she hears his voice, her head shoots up, eyes wide and staring.  Clearly there’s something she’s terrified of, something she wants to stay hidden from.  Her words make her fear only that much more apparent - she’s scared of making him angry.  

He keeps his voice light, not wanting to scare her off.  He is the sort she should probably be afraid of, but he doesn’t want her to know that.  Not yet anyway.  “Of course that’s ok.  Why wouldn’t it be?”  She calls him sir, and all but prostrates herself in front of him, making his iron blood quicken.  He wants this one.  While he does always enjoy the challenge of a mare with more fiery blood, the idea of having this subservient little thing under his hoof excites him.  If he convinces her to follow him, he’ll likely be able to get her to do whatever he wants.  “Oh, no!  Go on ahead!  Please don’t let me stop you!”  He secretly thanks whatever stallion had her before … whoever he was, he’s going to make the job easy for Khaos.

He decides to take the chance a little early - she’s even avoiding eye contact with him, a clear sign of submission.  “Look … are you alright?  Do you need some help?  Do you need a place to stay? Because you seem like you might be in some trouble.”  He tries his best to look friendly and concerned.  “I don’t want to seem too well, forward, but if you’re in need of a place to stay, you could come with me to my herdland!  You could have all the grass you want there!”
    K H A O S
    Reference here
    So far so good, no blood had been spilled and not a hair on her body had been touched. This, however, was not enough to convince her she was safe. As far as she was concerned, she would never be safe so long as a stallion was around.

Because of this, the shiny stag's kindness both confused and concerned her. Should she be afraid? Ghoest wasn't even sure what to think. Never in her life had a stallion even bothered to try and manipulate her mind, everything was by physical force. In fact trickery wasn't something she had really encountered in her short, painful life. In all reality, without a home, Ghoest was a sitting duck, there for anyone to cull from the group.

And just as the thought of a home crossed her mind, he derailed her thoughts entirely and offered her one. As a place to hide from danger and eat, the offer was tempting. She takes a single step forward, her face brightened with excitement, before her smile fades. He was a stallion. Was that really an offer or just an order? He did seem kind and friendly, and the last time she had even been looked at with anything remotely similar to kindness was the morning before her mother had died, and her mother had stuck a lily in Ghoest's mane, and told her that everything would be alright. That had been the last time her mother had seen peace, and the last time Ghoest had felt warmth in her heart.

"Ah..um.. well" she started, her voice hesitant, unsure to her core of what she should say. Perhaps there was still time to run, she glanced around to check for obstacles, not that there was a chance in hell she could outrun the powerful beast in her starved state. For pete's sake her ribs were still showing through her pelt. Her gut told her that the brute before her, glimmering in the sunlight, wasn't anyone she wanted to be around. It also told her that running now would be even dumber than just going with him. The roan vixen retreated a step, her dusty charcoal hoofs leaving a light dents in the grass. Eventually though, survival instincts make up her mind for her. She couldn't stay here forever, so she spoke again, "Is.. Well is there really enough food for me? And water?" Ghoest gives herself a glance and sighs, "I'm quite used to uh.. rationing so I don't take too much. And, and if you could, if you have time of course, protect me, I won't cause any problems."

Ghoest had intentionally avoided telling him she would do anything he asked for protection; because protection only entails protection from other suitors. Unfortunately the young minx had seen too many mares suffer horrible fates, selling their souls for a peace of mind they never got. She had to snort and shake the images out of her head. Eyes open wide, she chanced a look into his eyes, head still lowered, while her flustered brain waited for an answer.

Word Count: 513
    Muse: Smoke & Mirrors-Imagine Dragons
    Notes: ha, they haven't even mentioned their names yet lol
    She still isn’t trusting, but Khaos is starting to get the feeling that she will submit out of a sense of self-preservation. He almost grins to himself, but he keeps it under wraps. Finally! Finally he will have a mare to call his own! And then he can go about claiming a herd land. He momentarily considers his options. He had originally been thinking of claiming the Forlorn Forest that lies in the shadow of the Valley, but suddenly he’s considering the little cove that he had travelled through on his way here to the meadow. It’s a pretty spot and he’s thinking now that it might be a better herd land to claim. Why not give the mares a pretty place to live … to distract them a little from their master?

The mare takes a step towards him and he does not fail to miss the flash of excitement that whisks across her face and disappears. She’s tempted, but unsure. Time to reel her in. “Of course there is! There’s plenty of food and water, no need to ration!” That’s the one thing that, at this point in time, that he sees no need to control in his mares. With his ability, there’s no way for them to take him on - he doesn’t need to worry about them growing stronger than himself. And really, if he wants them to bear him healthy young, he needs to make sure they stay healthy too! “The place I have in mind is rather pretty actually. It’s called Silver Cove.” She asks for protection too and he smiles. He has her. “I’d be quite capable of protecting you! My abilities go beyond just having an iron body …”

He concentrates for a moment, focusing on the soil at his feet.  After a few moments the dirt erupts, sending a small ball of iron flying into the air.  He holds it in mid air, stretching it out, molding it.  Before long he’s holding a long, conical shape, which he attaches to his forehead.  It’s easily recognizable as a horn.  He grins at her.  “Fun, hey?”  He’s hoping that she sees it for what it is - both an offer of protection … and a potential threat, if she doesn’t do as he asks. Now is the time to apply a little pressure. “So, what do you say?” He abruptly realizes that he doesn’t know her name … and that he hasn’t even offered his. “My name’s Khaos by the way, what’s yours?”
    K H A O S
    Reference here

Haha I hadn't even noticed that! Thanks for pointing it out! xD
    Aha iron! That's what he was made of.

Ghoest is still dancing inside, still looking for an excuse to flee without reprimand but she's losing hope. At the very least, his words were still friendly, and he hadn't really given her any reason not to trust him. But he was a stallion, that trust was bound to be broken at a moments notice. The mare really isn't paying attention when the soil before her suddenly bursts into the air, sending up a soft mass of metal. She jumped, but she still couldn't bring herself to run, instead watching the stag play with the iron in mid-air, like a child molding play-doh. He twisted it into a faux horn that he went on to press into his forehead, and speaks. No, not really that fun. Ghoest forces a small, nervous smile in the corner of her mouth, more out of politeness than anything else.

He speaks once more, and even with all this open space around her the young minx felt cornered, trapped. He offers his name, not that it was very comforting. Khaos? Really? How was that name supposed to make her feel better about him? She ponders everything else he has told her, he could offer protection, that was clear, and he claimed that he did have plenty of food for her. Regardless of his attitude, just having a steady supply of food and water would be a step up from her last herd. She also notices that he only had a place in mind... Ghoest wasn't stupid, that meant she would be the only mare so far, with nobody to stand up and protect her besides herself, and the scars covering her body were proof enough of how good she was at protecting herself.

Go with him! If you try to run you'll be having about as much fun as a turkey on Thanksgiving! her mind screamed at her as she backed off another step. But since when did she listen to her own advice? "Well, Khaos, um, sir, my mother always called me Ghoest, so I suppose that's my name." And another step backwards. "I don't mean to be rude, sir, but I was thinking maybe, perhaps, I should stay here for a while longer, you know, rather than, um, going with you..."

Way to go Ghoest, way to ignore the only sensible thing to do. In her mind, she wasn't really running from him, and she hoped he would leave her be. Who was she kidding? With his size the brute could basically crush her beneath a hoof. And Ghoest really did regret saying anything of the sort, turning her head away instinctively to avoid teeth or flailing hoofs. Even now after she had had the courage to speak up a bit, Ghoest still couldn't run, it was as if she was glued to the earth. Too many beatings had taught her that running does no good if you can't outrun your opponent.

Words: 495
    Muse: n/a
    Notes: poor little Ghoest... can't learn to keep her trap shut.
    God, he’s so close to having her under his hoof. He can feel it. Part of her wants the safety and certainty he offers, but part of her is still held back by fear. What can he do to convince her? What can he do to reel her in and bring her under his influence?

“Well it’s a pleasure to meet you Ghoest!” That part at least, is no lie or manipulation. He likes this scared little mouse of a mare. He can see himself having lots of fun with her in the future, if he can just manage to bring her home!

Perhaps he needs to play up the charming, caring persona. Give it one last chance. “Ah you’re nervous. I understand.” He smiles kindly. “The thought of going home with some random stallion you’ve just met must be a little scary.” It’s a shame she’s so skittish, but it’s part of her that he enjoys. A part of her that he knows he could continue to enjoy. “How about this … why don’t you come visit Silver Cove, and just see what you think?” Someone as clearly malnourished as this mare might find it hard to leave such a lush paradise, with so much food and water. “And if you find it to your liking, then you can stay as long as you like!”

He sees the uncertainty deepen when she realizes that he doesn’t have any mares yet. Damn. How can he placate her? “And then I can go about finding us some companions! A herd isn’t much if it only has two horses!” And, not that she knows it, it would be unlikely for one mare to be able to satisfy him.

And if this doesn’t work, well, he’s just going to have to try another way. A way that she will not enjoy in the slightest. He’d rather go that far, not yet anyhow. They are still rather visible in the meadow - he doesn’t want any prospective ‘White Knights’ getting in the way. But back in Silver Cove …
    K H A O S
    Reference here

Big Grin Big Grin
    The worry must have been pretty obvious upon her delicate face, shining through all the masks she wore in an attempt to cover it. Ghoest wasn't fooling him, and she knew it, why even bother trying to act like she wasn't terrified? When he mentioned finding new mares, though, her expression lightened, excited to meet some new mares. After so long without meeting a new soul, it would be nice to have another mare to talk to. A smile crossed the little roan's face, almost forgetting for a moment how uneasy she was about being near a stallion. "I would like very much to have some friends, I'm afraid I'm rather lonely."

At the thought of having friends Ghoest was sold. What did it really matter anyway? Regardless of what she did, she would end up under the soul crushing power of a stallion, and at least this one hadn't hurt her. Yet. Her delicate little feet pulled her forward towards the cold metal stag, stopping only when she was able to duck her head beneath his. Some part of her was curious, she wanted very badly to reach out and touch the iron that was this stallion, to see if it was as cold as ice or as warm as the grass on a sunny day. Ghoest refrained, knowing that it was absolutely forbidden to touch a stallion unless he was looking for a seductive tease. Still, her orbs were caught by the enchanting glistening of his..er... coat as it shone in the sun. She stared, at his muscular frame, almost hypnotized by it.

Her trance was broken swiftly as a breeze rolled through, brushing long grasses against her legs and tickling her. A childish snort escaped her nares, sending a wave of panic over her scarred body once more. Though she hadn't really said anything, her old stallion had always given her a good kick any time she had made a noise without permission. Ghoest had many days in her past where she would fight back the urge even to cough for fear of a beating. Her past was such a dark place... Ghoest tried not to think about it and shook her head.

Words: 366
    Notes: Sorry it's so short and probably really painful to read D:
    He can see the moment when she breaks. It’s all he can do to keep the grin off his face. The thought of having more friends has done it. She’s his. Well and truly his. “Well, I’ll have to do my best to find a lot of mares to join my herd then!” By the time she realizes what kind of creature he is, it’ll be far too late.

She walks towards him, much to his surprise, stopping when she is almost standing beneath his neck. She’s so close, he can feel the iron in her blood rushing through her. He itches to reach out and feel inside, to toy with the life that runs through her veins. But no. Not yet. He doesn’t have her home. If he started to play with her here, he could end up with a stupid, ‘heroic,’ white knight on his hands. And he doesn’t want to give anyone else the chance to scoop up this little darling.

She startles when the breeze rushes by, and the desire to sink his teeth into her nearly overwhelms him. But he controls himself and takes a step or two away in the direction of the Cove. “Shall we head out?” He plasters another kindly smile on his face. “I can show you the way, then head out to look for more mares while you get acquainted with the place!” And then he can set down some ground rules.

He eyes her (with a faked look of pleasant expectation) while he waits for her response. It’s still early in the year yet, but he can just imagine her roan sides swelling with his child come winter. Who knows, perhaps she will be the one to finally bear him a proper heir. All of his children from this season have so far been rather disappointing. It would amuse him if she were the first to break that trend.
    K H A O S
    Reference here

Not short at all! Longer than some of the ones I've been posting to you, that's for sure.
    And not painful at all! <3

Also wtf, why is he so creepy? :|