• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We all are living in a dream {Khaos/Open}
    That voice. Ghoest's head shot up, eyes wide with fear, whipping her skull to see the stallion. Oh thank god, it wasn't him. Instead her eyes were filled with the gleaming vision of a metal stag, his sleek sides reflecting the light in every direction. Regardless of how relieved she was, the mare was still unsure of how to react. This new equine towered over her in a perfect stance, just as intimidating as those she once knew. Ghoest was still pretty much frozen in place, still ready to bolt at any moment as adrenaline coursed through her veins, but still afraid to run.

"I... erm.. me? I'm just, uh, eating sir. Is that ok?" Her voice was small and scared, little more than a child's after they've been caught disobeying their parents. Perhaps it wasn't actually ok for her to be here, maybe Ghoest needed to leave. He had scarcely a moment to think before she spoke some more, "I'm just really hungry sir, it's been some time since I was allowed to eat so freely. But if you were here first and I didn't notice you I can leave, it's ok really."

Part of her was really hoping he would tell her to leave, and give her an excuse to. In some ways he really did scare her (though at this point very little didn't), and in some ways she felt as though she might have actually intruded on him and felt that she was being rude. Of course it never did occur to her in this moment that these were open lands, and he was probably looking to talk to mares. In her life, she had been beaten into believing taught that mares were little more than a nuisance to stallions unless they were in heat. And still she believed it, knowing in her heart that stallions had no use for mares outside of breeding season, and only sought to collect them so they had more playthings for the next year.

Despite this, Ghoest managed to crack a smile, trying her hardest to be polite in fear of insulting him. Ghoest tried to straighten out to face him a little bit, her steps choppy and clumsy, mostly from her rushed movements. She kept her head lowered a bit, her eyes looking down towards the ground, after all, eye contact was forbidden with stallions. Or so she had been taught. But oh did she want to run at that moment, just in case he wasn't as nice as his smile suggested.

Words: 420
    Tags: Khaos

Messages In This Thread
    RE: We all are living in a dream {Khaos/Open} - by Ghoest - 05-26-2015, 02:06 PM