• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Rhythm is a dancer, I need a companion (Dahmer | Open)

The raven coloured fae found herself following the companion who had met her in the Field. Equally as dark in colour as she was, though he lacked her pink tresses. His startling blue eyes were unique in themselves. Already she could sense a change in the landscape - it was warmer and more humid, and there was something in the air. Sulfur, the word was still alien to her. Hopefully it would not be for long. Imke enjoyed her solitude but she had come to the conclusion that solitude among others was more pleasurable than absolute isolation.

Her dark orbs rested on the black figure moving along slightly ahead of her; she wondered who he really was - he certainly was charismatic, and Imke suspected he had the attitude of a philanderer. Not that it mattered, monogamy was as foreign to her as Sulfur. She would rather have her solitude with him around than be left to her own devices, of that she was certain. His attentions made her feel impish and appealing; but she hardly knew how to reciprocate.

The dark lady continued her musing's on the stud as they moved. Could he perhaps be the leader? He had not said he was, though perhaps he preferred to show instead of tell. Other than his magnetism she was uncertain he had the qualities she would consider necessary for a leading character. Perhaps his sole responsibility was recruitment then; his personality certainly seemed fit for such a position. Thus she deiced Dahmer's position - in her mind at least.

"I knew this smoking mountain was farther away than it seemed." Imke muttered, partly because it really had been a rather long adventure to get here, but mostly to break the silence. "It seems rather empty here. I thought a land such as Tephra would be crowded with more horses than it could handle." That wasn't a lie; she had thought she would walk into a meadow and magically get to meet several others and satiate the lonely feeling that was gnawing away at her insides.

Imke

Carved from marble, smoother than the storm

take my head & kick it in
    break some bread for all my sins

Relaxed and triumphant with his Arabian-esque companion at his side, Dahmer leads Imke to Tephra and tries his best to entertain her along the way. Their conversation is neither constant or uncomfortable, with just enough breaks along the way to not be overbearing. They pause occasionally to grab a mouthful of grass or shrub, but otherwise keep on track to their warm and uniquely tropical home.

Imke mutters quietly about their trek, just loud enough to make his ears twitch in their tousled bed. He laughs warmly and turns his blue eyes back to the pink and black mare. "The warm air does great things for sore muscles," he offers as they move through the long green grasses and towards Tephra's volcano and tropical forest. His ears twitch at her observation and the black beast gives an ambiguous shrug, though his lips turn into a slight smirk.

"Tephra is a big place, love. Magnus has established it as one of the most formidable in Beqanna." He's proud of the buckskin stallion, and proud of the work he had done to assist Magnus. They make a good team, with Lucrezia as the cherry on top. "The residents here would be foolish to not fight for your attention," he says as he sees the uncertainty on her face.

"What would you like me to show you, Imke?" He likes the way her name rolls off his tongue.

+ tag imke, any
    + notes
    BY MITZI