• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater
    Stillwater
    He could almost feel the doubt slipping down her body and pooling at her feet, much like his water did. When he sought out that injury with methodical purpose, when he breathed her sweet name, she flinched. She slipped out from his grasp and met him with burnt umber eyes flecked with uncertainty. She looked.. surprised that he'd found it, that he'd known what and where it was. That was curious to him, but still he held back any comment, content to observe her.

She'd remained at his side only briefly when he slid to join her, to press himself against her petite but now grown and womanly figure. As he lined himself along her graceful curves and soft blue and milky lace. He felt the distance grow between them when she moved away, still close enough to touch if he reached, but certainly not here against him where he'd tried for. A decidedly handsome frown dipped his brows, diving deep into her beautiful eyes to find the cause of this change, this shield put up against him when she had seemed so interested in feeling his skin just moments before.

I didn't mean to intrude. I just needed to make sure you were okay. A voice of dusted crystal, glittering and beautiful but so shattered, and a glance that quickly turned away from him. There had been a time not so long ago when those eyes roamed over his face with such eager anticipation, and now could not seem to look at him for long, as though it hurt to see him again. Perhaps she had found love while she was away? And now couldn't bring herself to tell it? No, that didn't seem right, not when she had greeted him so warmly and affectionately.

I needed you to know that I keep my promises. There was a brief pause before her soft lips were trailing his jaw. The frown that had found residence in his fine features melted away at her sweet touch, his lips parting with a satisfied exhale and eyes drifting closed. Then too quickly, cold air again, absence as she retreated. He shook his head imperceptibly as his eyes opened, the confusion furrowing his brows again. Just when he thought he'd been mistaken, she was gone again.

It was good to see you again, Stillwater. And then she was turning to leave.

Luster, a soft sound, a question in hurt confusion. She would come all the way back just to leave again? She only wished to keep a promise and be free of his presence? Don't leave, Luster. His smooth voice of cool waters was gentle, almost a plea, and yet somehow still a quiet command. He would not let her just walk away, not like this.

He didn't wait for her to respond as he gave chase to that retreat, melted to her side once again, but carefully this time and with a polite distance. Just in case she did not wish to touch him after all. Black velvet ignored that respect and moved for her, passing expert lips over the ridge of her delicate nose to her brow and placing a tentative kiss beside her beautiful eye.

Don't leave, Luster, he repeated in a whisper, this time warm and needing. This time a faint plea. She couldn't leave like this, so fragile and uncertain. Don't you want to stay a while with me? Even just a few moments? Hurt, and aching to hold her where she'd been so wanting and inviting. A time when she'd wanted him. The only person that had ever truly wanted him in honest affection.

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater - by Stillwater - 02-17-2017, 11:39 PM