• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater
    Stillwater
    She noticed the tension in his body. Of course she did. She always caught the subtle changes in him, always saw the minor details as though they were bold lines drawn out for her in permanent marker. As soon as she asked if he was alright, he softened, set aside the stiffness in his limbs at the return of those dark memories; at the remembrance of her attack, of him in turn turning to Karaugh to sate him, taking enough to collapse her to the soft earth. He shouldn't feel guilt at that, wasn't in his nature, and yet perhaps he might have. At least a little. Perhaps.

She was nearly glowing beneath his touch, in his embrace as she spoke words he'd never had directed towards him before: I missed you. He almost wanted to laugh, the absurdity of that phrase that had never reached his ears before now. Because they never lived, til now. Not til Luster walked into his life. He shook his head silently, a wide grin helplessly spread across his handsome mouth. Her lips pressed to his jaw again and he stilled, soaked it in like a sedative to a madman. You must be something special.

He did laugh then, a low chuckle as he swept his lips across her sweet, pale nose. Ah, Luster, he began, his voice tinted with awe at her genuine care for him. It was all so new for him, so intoxicating and addicting. She was addicting. I think that might be you, not me. She was certainly special, so different from all the others. Soft, and pure, and honest. So frighteningly real. She might be trouble for him one day, somehow become a vulnerability in his armor, but for tonight she was perfect. In this moment, she was everything.

She teased him then, mentioned that she brought her family to Sylva with her and offered his home to the lot of them. He grimaced, but soon caught onto her play and nipped at her cheek playfully in reproach. That will be nice, yes? Mischief danced in his nearly-black eyes as he lipped at her neck, kissed her throat. At first it was only play, and then became something more. Heat began to spread through him.

Mmmm, he hummed, tasting her warm skin, feeling the pulse beat against his sensitive lips beneath his light touch. Sure.. But I don't think they'll enjoy it so much, he teased back. Not when they see us like this. Her laughter trickled through the air, the twinkling of starlight, so gentle, so sweet. She slipped out from beneath his chin and his mouth lowered reflexively, dragging along the sweep of her back, over the enticing curve of her hip, her rump. His breath caught being so close to this part of her. She had no idea what she was doing to him.

He locked gazes with her as she looked over her bare shoulder at him. Are you coming? He swallowed a growl, or a groan, he wasn't sure which; strangled it before it could warn her. But she turned away again, thankfully, lassoed the darkness and pulled it to her. Something about this tickled the back of his mind, and he slowly straightened, his face blanking as he watched her silently. She threw her stars into that night sky she'd created, declaring softly, For you.

Those lights hurt this time, and he knew why. Remembered why. Just a memory though, just an image. He walked up to her, settled at her side where he'd been with the illusion of her before. Where the chiseled face of blood and bone darted through his shoulder like a shadow and took from her the precious blood. Caused her pain. His nose drifted naturally to her still-healing wound, and again his breath brushed faintly over it. His heart felt so strangely heavy.

It was healed enough that he could touch her without tasting her, without craving her evermore after. And he did, cautiously he licked, so carefully, before he sighed softly. I should have been there, he whispered mournfully, regret so thick in his voice. If only he was free, could have known to be there at the same water she'd stood. It probably was connected to this pond, through the waterways that weaved their ways to the other parts of Beqanna.

He should have been there.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater - by Stillwater - 02-26-2017, 01:44 AM