• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater
    Stillwater
    That familiar darkness in her eyes was one that he knew well, recognized from many faces. And yet, from her, somehow it sank deeper. Somehow it hit harder. His eyes sharpened with the hunger, focused and trained on her, snapped to attention. Her pulse thrummed in his ears, in his chest, in his mouth as he kissed her throat. Just to tease, just to make a point. That was how it started anyway, how he'd meant it until he was there and tasting her.

Stillwater? So light, so breathless as she turned it back on him, touching those soft, pink lips to his chest, his neck, raking her teeth along his jawline. His eyes fell closed under those attentions, but slid back open as, all too soon, she slipped away. He dropped his mouth to that escaping treat, and the wicked girl paused to give him more time, more exploring as his breath rolled slowly over curves and edges and sweet hollows. Maybe she did know what she was doing to him, after all.

But then the moment was gone as she recreated that dark vision, as he stepped to her side and found that terrible wound. Lulled and quieted, as his tongue pressed to her, felt her shiver of desire zip through him like an electric jolt. His eyes changed, but he quickly brushed it aside, let them clear to the dark blue that was expected. Not now, not now. And he was genuinely disturbed as he told her he should have been there. Should have been able to keep her safe; he, the one who protects no one but himself. Cared for no one but himself.

I should have been here, she countered, leaving sweet kisses along his brow, his face, his cheek. Her teeth grazed him again, so near his throat, almost as if she were the predator now. He exhaled, a short and quick breath between parted lips. I should have stayed. And he wanted to agree with her. Except that she'd had to go home to her family, had to tell them she wanted to return and stay here in Sylva. But all he could do was shake his head mutely, silently tempering the strange changes she caused in him.

She pulled away then, uncertain once again. He could feel her eyes on him even without looking at her, keeping his eyelids closed over the clouded danger that may be in them. He couldn't trust himself not to show her too much without thinking, not to accidentally frighten her away. And he didn't want that. Wanted her to stay.

You knew, she concluded, It was the first thing you looked for. His eyes opened then, sober and meeting her gaze evenly. She was unaware of the vision she sent him, that much was clear. His heavy silence, his pensive darkness, bothered her and she softened with a reassuring smile. Hey, if you aren't careful I might start thinking you care.

He didn't smile when he answered her, didn't have even the barest flicker of amusement in his deep, dark eyes as they fell to her mouth to trace the gentle sweeps of her lips. Good. Solid and sure. He reached for her, faintly brushed his mouth over the velvet of her nose before his gaze lifted, swimming and dangerous and holding the purity of hers with the intensity in his. Rich, soft hair framed her beautiful face, and all he had to do was look at her to know she would be so easy to take. To heat to boiling and drink her dry.

But this was Luster.
    And she was different.

It didn't mean he didn't want to. Didn't mean he wasn't going to as he stepped purposefully closer, stroked her cheek with his kiss. Mmm, but he loved her throat, and gradually drifted lower, covered her tender flesh with the heat of his mouth, kissed her deeply. Her skin alone tasted so good, he could only imagine the addiction of her blood, the sharp and soft, smooth and warm. He breathed, felt the predator claim his eyes again; murky shadows beneath dark water.

His jaw opened, hovered over the heat he'd just been kissing into her, breathed her in and huffed her out in breaths gone shallower. Even this distance was too much, but he had to maintain it. Had to control it. So he forced himself further up her neck, gently kissed her cheek and the corner of her eye, her precious temple. Damn, he should stop. Shouldn't push his limits, shouldn't risk her.

Luster.. he whispered, dark and low and thick.
    Run from me.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater - by Stillwater - 03-03-2017, 01:06 PM