• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

down in the valley with whisky rivers; djinni
    djinni

His difficulty in imagining her responsible is nothing compared to her own. She still struggles, many times a day, but there are things that bind her now, things that are not so easily broken. Still, she does not suffer for it, and so she accepts his teasing with an amused smile.

“Perhaps I have,” she concedes, though there is enough mischief still lingering in her bright eyes that it seems unlikely. If it were only age that has made her boring, she should have been dull a decade ago. She’s all but forgotten her true age, and while she’s no crone, she knows that the years she has ticked off while adventuring have encompassed many generations of Beqanna. She knows Zai, and she had known his father, and his great-grandfather, and his great-great-great grandmother. Old age had happened to her a very long time ago.

“Good,” Djinni replies when he accepts, though she watches him a little more closely. She had been fairly certain he’d enjoy the prospect but does want to be sure. “I’ll get around to organizing the kingdom eventually. Perhaps you can start by teaching my son?” She’s buried the lede, she knows, but it is often still hard to form that three-letter word. Not for any reason she can fathom (she is an attentive and caring parent), but then again, she is sill processing emotions.

all my fragile strength is gone
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: down in the valley with whisky rivers; djinni - by Djinni - 04-03-2017, 07:49 AM