• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hello. I Was Wondering If I Could Stay? (Open)
    It had been a long time following the changes in Beqanna's land since Neoma decided on a place to go explore to see if they would offer her a home. She would say thank you, of course to let them know she appreciated having a home. However, she would more than likely stay away from the horses once taking up residence. She'd be minimally involved in kingdom life, only enough that they wouldn't feel compelled to kick her out because she didn't want anything to do with the others.

Neoma couldn't help it; she was a closeted one. She didn't trust many horses, with one exception out of every horse she'd met since coming to this land. But that mare still lived back in Sylva with one of her daughters, her other three foals having gone their own ways to make their own lives in Beqanna. Neoma couldn't claim any of that; she was a loner. She had no siblings, no parents here with her. Whether she was one of many with a similar backstory of showing up here to find a new beginning, or a lone individual, it didn't matter. She just got bored of wandering and being out in the open. At least in a kingdom, she'd be somewhat safe. No horse she didn't know could sneak up on her. She'd be isolated, on guard against those who she lived with, but at least she'd know who they were.

So, when she arrived in Nerine, the mare took a moment to take in the land's beauty. Granite cliffs lined the edge of the ocean, the blue expanse stretching far out into the horizon. A long stretch of sand laid between the ocean and the granite cliffs, with outcroppings of stone here and there. Stone that had been eroded by the ocean water and were now molded into startling shapes.

A wind blew up along the cliffs and brushed Neoma's mane back. The blue roan mare's silver-streaked tail flicked back and forth from the wind as her points were brushed by ocean salt water that had blown up from the ocean. The feeling she was experiencing was wonderful; the mare tilted her head up and closed her eyes, deciding to spend some more time here before seeking out a horse who lived here to ask for a home.
    Carwyn
    Folded wings into flattening veins and fluttering eyes
    Absolute joy courses through her veins as she soars, high above Nerine, reveling in having her wings back. The years of being ground-bound, after having the ability to fly since birth, had been hard on Carwyn’s soul. She spends as much time in the air as she can, here in Nerine, and her soul is slowly healing.

Sometimes, her grandfather joins her in the air. He is more a creature of the air than any land, even his beloved Tundra, and he shares this with her. Together they are acrobats, dancers, rolling and dropping and soaring; it leaves Carwyn feeling full and happy and content, even as today, he peels off to fly in another direction as Carwyn drops instead, to where a solitary figure stands at the edge of the cliff. Brennen doesn’t want to socialize with strangers, but Carwyn is always willing to make a new friend.

When she lands, she does so gracefully, but far enough from the mare to prevent startling her. “Hello,” she calls, sweetly, as she folds her wings away close to her sides and steps a little closer, “I’m Carwyn.”
    Somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings
    In the mess of all I have thrown away
    HTML by Call-pic manip by Devin
    Neoma had originally thought what she spotted soaring above her in the sky was a bird; looking back, she was completely mistaken. Besides, no bird was that big naturally, unless the changing of Beqanna had resulted in even stranger magic.

Having thought it was a bird, Neoma returned to looking down at the ocean from her spot on the cliffs, until she felt a gust of wind blow up from behind her. Turning her head to avoid getting her mane in her eyes (and having the long strands whip them from the force of the wind), Neoma waited until everything settled before looking at who had arrived.

It was a blue roan mare, much like Neoma herself, the stranger's coat speckled with some paint markings. Somewhat reminded of two old friends of hers, Neoma's ears went up as the stranger introduced herself by the name of Carwyn.

Dipping her head as a sign of greeting, Neoma offered a small, but guarded smile. The mare had made a game of playing innocent most of the time, careful to hide her guarded persona in case any other horse misinterpreted it as hostile. "Hello Carwyn. My name is Neoma; glad to meet you."
    Carwyn
    Folded wings into flattening veins and fluttering eyes
    She is glad not to be immediately rebuffed, gladder still to have a smile turned back on her by the stranger as she moves forward to join her near the edge of the cliff. As Neoma introduces herself, Carwyn lets her eyes wander over the other mare’s shoulder to the breathtaking view of the ocean crashing below them, blue skies as far at the horizon as the eye can see. Carwyn steps up beside the stranger and lifts her nose into the air, unable to resist the pull of the wind, before turning a grin on the other mare.

“Isn’t it beautiful?” she asks on a sigh, a light in her eyes that says that she is quickly falling for Nerine. Before this she had never known any home except her grandfather’s Tundra, and the Oceanside Kingdom is growing on her quickly. Carwyn knows she will lose her heart to Nerine, even if Brennen ultimately chooses not to stay; it is in moments like these that she is so glad of her wings. Even if she becomes distant in residence from her family, she will never be a long journey from them. “I’ve only been here two seasons, and already I am in love.”

She turns to her companion, curious, a slight tilt to her head. “Have you lived here long?” The blue roan pegasus hadn’t seen the other mare around but she is relatively new, and spends so much of her time in the air that she wouldn’t be surprise if there are many residents she has yet to meet.
    Somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings
    In the mess of all I have thrown away
    HTML by Call-pic manip by Devin
    "It is beautiful indeed," Neoma replied, watching the mare as she stepped up beside the roan to look over the cliffs at the ocean beneath. Appreciating personal space, the roan stepped back, listening to Carwyn as she talked about Nerine.

Carwyn asked Neoma if she had lived here long, to which the roan replied, "No. I arrived here recently, to look for a home. You're the first one I've seen since I got here this morning."
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    The stranger’s scent never escaped Nayl’s notice, but it eluded her sense of urgency as she tended to other matters first. Only afterward did her fiery eyes rake across her home to find the blue roan standing with Carwyn in conversation. It eased Nayl to see others greeting the outsiders, relieving the weight and stress that has been gradually piling onto her shoulders. A grin touches her lips, but it’s fleeting as she begins her short trek toward them as they admire their surroundings.

Nayl has taken a fond interest in the cliff. It’s often her perch so that she may watch the ongoings in her home. The crashing of the waves adds a rhythmic lull that eases even the worst of tension. The cries of the seagulls are the percussion to the symphony that is Nerine. While it took a while for Nayl to adjust to this land, she is relieved that she never left. The Jungle will forever hold her heart, but she has become fonder of the coastland.

”Hello,” she says as she finally arrives to join them near the edge. Her autumn colored eyes sway briefly toward the ocean, but quickly return to the two women. ”A pleasure to see you again, Carwyn,” she duly notes the mare’s presence and amiability with the newcomer before funneling her attention on the roan. ”I’m Nayl, and what’s your name?” As of late, she has been trying to subdue her brash nature and adopt better manners and hospitality, but it’s often a daily struggle.

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation
    Despite the sound of the crashing waves and smell of salt water invading her nostrils, Neoma sensed another was approaching. She turned her head to look, seeing a smokey black tobiano mare heading their way.

The new arrival first greeted Carwyn before turning and introducing herself to Neoma. The blue roan took a small step back, obviously somewhat uncomfortable now with two horses so close. She remained close enough that they wouldn't think anything odd of what she just did; she just wanted a bit more space.

"I go by... Neoma," she hesitated a moment before telling Nayl her name. "Are you perhaps the one in charge? I am trying to find a home."
    I've decided to go ahead and take Neoma away from Nerine to go somewhere else; this post is now considered null, but everyone here can choose to remember the encounter if they run into each other later on down the road.