• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

from dust she returned [magnus, sloene, any]

It was a triumphant return.

Aranea felt a swell of pride as she followed the familiar path home, Magnus surely by her side. Were he interested she would have chatted the entire way back - unusual for her, but for so long her voice had been trapped. There were a thousand things she wanted to tell him but for this journey it was largely idle chatter. All she really wanted was to listen to the sound of her own words again. It was not ego, but she greeted her voice like an old friend, eager to spill her thoughts back in to the world.

Silence had served her well - but her eyes sparked with a whole NEW life now!

Her return to Tephra was met with a face marked by excitement. Sloene was in her mind for already she felt a kinship with the mare, despite obvious difficulties. To Magnus she would turn and to his shoulder she would seek to press her nose. "Thank you, Magnus, for believing in me." Still her voice seemed strange and it cracked from time to time, her words scarcely more than a whisper. In time it would strengthen and grow and her voice would be shared the world around.

The ashen mare lifted her head and called to her friend, invited Sloene to join them if she was not busy, and then her fire eyes would rest back on Magnus. "I want to speak to you privately, later, but I'd like to see Sloene. I want to thank her, too. Stay if you can?" It meant a great deal to Aranea that they had not turned from her when she had no words to share, no voice to give. They had trusted her on blind faith and she would be loyal to them, always.

ARANEA
    (immortal, mute, infrared vision)
    from dust, she returned
    the dream, an enigma... silent

@[magnus] @[Sloene]

Messages In This Thread
    from dust she returned [magnus, sloene, any] - by Aranea - 02-21-2017, 11:10 PM