• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Devil with the black dress on [pangea crew]
    djinni

She had been dreaming of the ocean.

As she blinks herself awake, she can remember the roar of the tide and the way her skin felt against the rough sand. Something remains out of reach though: the memory of who was beside her. It was not an unpleasant dream, but something has soured her wakening, and she is still but for her flicking ears. There. Many hooves moving through the woods, all of them together.

That is unusual, and Djinni waits until she thinks they have stopped and attempts to estimate their location. Too far, she decides, and leaves the protection of her fire-leaved thicket to head in the direction from which she had last heard the sound of hooves.

The pied mare has never cared much about borders. She doesn’t need to when she is always safe. Even with the past year in Sylva and the year before that in Nerine, and she still does not have an adequate dose of caution in her body. She knows that most of Beqanna does care about physical boundaries, so the words that the golden Anahi voices are not unexpected. Still, perhaps a bit rash, even if they have these strangers outnumbered.

“Hello,” she says, stepping into the clearing. Her eyes are bright – she must have just seen them all standing there – and she looks from Anahai, Eiria, and Raxa to the mares standing opposite them. The grullo mare hadn’t heard anything said before her arrival (or so it seems), and she smiles perfectly politely at Harmonia and Ajatar. “What brings you two to Sylva?”

Then the wind changes, and she feels her heart pause a moment. She knows that smell. She does not know the two but she is now certain where they come from. In her travels, she has always avoided Pangea. The wasteland could have reminded her of her birthplace, but it is too dry – too dead. It is not a desert. It is a wasteland. They smell of it, the golden mare and the dark filly; they smell of emptiness.

She does not fear, but it seems she does know almost what it feels like. Djinni wishes herself safe and so she is, suddenly different and yet exactly the same.

current appearance:
    slim build
    smoky grullo tobiano
    sea green eyes

In case my explanation was bad, Djinni used her trait to make her true identity (i.e. a genie) not discoverable. Otherwise she’s totes a normal horse with normal horse weaknesses.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Devil with the black dress on [pangea crew] - by Djinni - 02-28-2017, 10:37 PM