• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Devil with the black dress on [pangea crew]
    The yellow mare introduces herself, and Djinni's green eyes flick curiously from mother to daughter. She can see the resemblance, she decides, but beyond the physical likeness sees few similarities in the two females. Harmonia is far more vocal than her daughter, taking the spotlight and occupying it quite well. It's a position Djinni takes quite frequently herself, and she doesn't begrudge the palomino mare the attention due her as a visitor. Even if they are from Pangea.

They have a king, she notes, but before she can find out more, Raxa is speaking. The brindle mare proceeds to openly insult their visitors, and Djinni manages to bite her tongue while she waits for a response. There's a brief flicker of embarrassment on her dark face. When Harmonia replies with a sentiment that mirrors Djinni's own thoughts, the skewbald mare wonders if perhaps Pangea is not entirely terrible.

No, she decides as the mare shoves her child backward for speaking up. They seem to be just what she'd expected. The display of power does not go unnoticed (and there's the appropriate amount of caution in her expression afterwards) but Djinni glances back every now and then at Ajatar as Harmonia speaks.

Pollock. She's not heard the name before, but she has no intention of forgetting it. It turns out that she doesn't have to ask for now information after all; the envoy from Pangea has provided it freely. Well, perhaps not freely, she thinks as Eiria speaks up and makes demands.

"Thank you," She says to the fiery champagne filly as she steps closer to the group. Harmonia's dismissal of diplomatic skills had not been in reference to herself; Djinni knows this. "I believe I can handle things from here." Her smile is soft, her eyes warm, but the trio of mares have clearly been dismissed.

"I'm Djinni, the ruler of Sylva." She says to the Pangean visitors with a smile that seems to be an attempt to soften the previous lack of diplomacy. Perhaps she has a responsibility to foist off on someone else after all (She had so hoped to avoid having to do anything).

"It's nice to meet you Harmonia." Her green eyes turn to Ajatar then, despite the way the girl has been shoved back and away. "And you as well, Ajatar."

Djinni is curious, but she is equally wary. The palomino mare has said they are not here to extend an olive branch, and while that might mean neutrality, the grullo is doubtful. Perhaps she will keep a closer eye on Pangea rather than simply hoping it will fall into the sea.

"Is there anything else you'd like to know about Sylva?" She asks, as she settles her weight forward - leaning slightly toward the Sylvans. "Or anything else you'd care to share about Pangea?" Djinni is the picture of polite curiosity and benevolence; she doubts there are many positive outcomes of this brief meeting. Still, she's inclined to try and salvage it lest she be responsible for more damage control in the future.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Devil with the black dress on [pangea crew] - by Djinni - 03-06-2017, 01:16 AM