• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    I wish I could feel it all for you;
    Let me tell you a story, dearie. It all started with a little tequila. There was this party, just for the alumni. To celebrate people who had ‘achieved greatness in their pursuits’. And I mean that’s almost as pretentious as people who actually pretend to believe in their readings in the zodiac. Anyway, so they’re talking about this woman who invented some new cure for the common cough. Mostly, I was imagining how great it would be to be back at the hotel, maybe in the jacuzzi. Minding my own business, drinking my margarita. But the speaker had this monotonous voice, you know the kind, and I was totally zoned out when a shadow fell over the window. We all looked up and there was this guy in the window with an honest-to-goodness bazooka. ‘Where is the professor?’, he said, and to be honest he sounded pretty civil. No, don’t be so cynical. It’s totally possible to sound civil and still be, to all appearances, holding a room hostage with a bazooka. Well, obviously a lot of the other guests at dinner didn’t think so either, because what came next was total panic. Until he yelled ‘FREEZE’ in a much less friendly voice and everyone froze. ‘Nobody else has to get hurt’, were his next (rather stereotypical) words. I was trying to decide if it was worth the effort to hide under the table, when suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my fibula. I blinked, and I was sitting at home, in my own bathtub. My roommate walking into view a minute later, and his only comment was ‘I forgot you can’t hold your liquor’. With the pounding of my head I couldn’t think of a snarky response so I asked, ‘Is there anymore pizza?’. And what is the moral of this story, dearie? Obviously, it’s don’t do anything to get invited to a party for the super successful.

Stealing 2 from a Place (since everything is the same now, I'm assuming there's no Kingdom/Herd distinction).
    Time Check
    Success? Last letter of every sentence spells out the names.

Wallace and Sabrael from Ea of Ischia

Let me tell you a story, dearie. It all started with a little tequila. There was this party, just for the alumni. To celebrate people who had ‘achieved greatness in their pursuits’. And I mean that’s almost as pretentious as people who actually pretend to believe in their readings in the zodiac. Anyway, so they’re talking about this woman who invented some new cure for the common cough. Mostly, I was imagining how great it would be to be back at the hotel, maybe in the jacuzzi. Minding my own business, drinking my margarita. But the speaker had this monotonous voice, you know the kind, and I was totally zoned out when a shadow fell over the window. We all looked up and there was this guy in the window with an honest-to-goodness bazooka. ‘Where is the professor?’, he said, and to be honest he sounded pretty civil. No, don’t be so cynical. It’s totally possible to sound civil and still be, to all appearances, holding a room hostage with a bazooka. Well, obviously a lot of the other guests at dinner didn’t think so either, because what came next was total panic. Until he yelled ‘FREEZE’ in a much less friendly voice and everyone froze. ‘Nobody else has to get hurt’, were his next (rather stereotypical) words. I was trying to decide if it was worth the effort to hide under the table, when suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my fibula. I blinked, and I was sitting at home, in my own bathtub. My roommate walking into view a minute later, and his only comment was ‘I forgot you can’t hold your liquor’. With the pounding of my head I couldn’t think of a snarky response so I asked, ‘Is there anymore pizza?’. And what is the moral of this story, dearie? Obviously, it’s don’t do anything to get invited to a party for the super successful.

(For Pangea, where Kellyn lives)
    After discussion among all the owners/officers, we've decided that this steal is valid, but that hereafter the stealing rules and guide will be changed so that steals of this type are not acceptable. Both puzzle steals and riddle steals are acceptable, as per the steal guide, and the line:
    Quote:For puzzle steals, either the first letters or the last letters of each line/sentence can be clues.

was meant to be interpreted as "make each new sentence its own line" since otherwise the steal appears to be a riddle steal. However, since the wording is unclear this particular steal will be valid.
    Also after discussion - since Kellyn's steal did not specify the length of the stolen horses' stay, Sabrael and Wallace will choose how long they stay in Pangea.