• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sweet Angel of Mine
    SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT
    Cream colored beauty trotted along the edge of the field. She wasn't in a hurry to get to any where in particular she was just starching her legs. her tail danced around her rear legs as she push ahead in a easy moving gait, finding an area to stop she lifted her nostrils towards the sky and took in a deep breath taking in the smells of all the horses around her as well as the smells of the vast field that lays in front of her. She was in a temporary home for now. 
    (sorry its not much right now )

lanika
    HTML by Call- picture courtesy gosiamakosa.com
    The Feild is never a disappoint to Djinni. While recurring efforts might not always be successful, there is always something to be leaned, even if it is just the most recent trends of influx. She can watch the other recruiters, piece together what she knows of their lands with their methods, speculate as to the way their realms are run.

She does not do that today; she's here to see if there is anyone in need of a home. Of course, her criteria are whimsical and impossible to pin down, but she knows when she sees the pale mare trotting at the edge of the Meadow that she wants to know this one.

Shaking her black and white forelock from her face, the slender grullo mare approaches the cremello.

"Hello," She calls out when she is near enough to be heard over the biting wind. Coming closer, the tobiano mare nods her head in greeting, offering the stranger a warm smile that is reflected in her sea green eyes. "I'm Djinni. What's your name?"
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster
    Heda
    The field had always been a place of horrors during Heda's childhood, the unknown, and immense amount of strangers always caused the young princess to cower behind her father, in a rather cowardly manner. But now our golden princess has come of age, fear barely placing a finger upon her. Causing the field to evolve, from a child's eyes toned a young women's, forcing this place to spark new beginnings for future, soldiers, diplomats, and residents of kingdoms. The field was no longer a place to fear, it was a place to worship, and cherish. The life blood of all flourishing kingdoms.

Her navy tinged wings carry her to the recruiting grounds, a short distance from her homeland, from her family. Golden flecked wings, gracefully place the buckskin maiden in the center of the action. Equine surround her in the plenty, some bickering, while others calmly addressed new recruits through various forms of diplomacy. A practiced art, of persuasion, of making your land irresistible compared to it's competitor.

Heda lingers around groups, leaving bunches of emotions in her wake. Blue ombre limbs guide her towards a pair of mares, their conversation was calm and slow, and ever so gentle. Her hazel gaze fixes upon the cremello women, allowing herself to dip her tanned cranium the navy pointed mare speaks with honey sweet words, "Hello, there. I'm Heda, and it's a pleasure to be acquainted with both of you on this gorgeous winter day." She muses, her orbs meeting the grullo mare from another kingdom. Thoughts gently processing through that petty little head of hers. 

Recruiting was an art, competitive, and perhaps even a bit cruel in some circumstances. But eventually that art fell into the category of a sport, a competition to win the most equine for their kingdoms. So eventually their countries could flourish with life everlasting. Thinking to herself, Heda thought in a rather competitive manner, Game on bitch.

With a final glance upon the grullo mare, Heda jumps right in running. "I presume you came here to be confronted by a kingdom goer or a herd stallion? If my assumption is correct, then I might as well extend an invitation." A friendly grin pulls at the corners of her dark azure lips. "I come from Taiga." As her homeland is spoken the girl forces joy upon the cremello mare, so the land brings a smile to those pink lips of hers. "Rather than a kingdom we are more of a family. We are a collected bunch of friendly equine, whom reside in a gorgeous redwood forest flourishing with bountiful life." She pauses, allowing her navy tail to whisk at her golden hocks. "Perhaps I can tell you more, if you wish to visit the Taigia. I'd love to show you around." She grins, hen she's finished.

Her hazel eyes meeting once more with the grullo mare, a pleased smile glued upon her muzzle. And with a challenging gaze all that was left in that dainty mind of hers was simply, Top that. 
    Go ahead. Laugh at the girl who loved too easily
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・
    lady, runnin' away to the riptide
    taken away to the dark side

Already, she is falling in love with Tephra. The warm breezes, the green grass, even the towering mountain that she sometimes forgets is a volcano; they have enraptured her, and captured her heart. Always Sloene has been raised to know that someday she will serve a Kingdom, that her talents might set her apart and give her prestige, and having connects with the powerful had been all her foster-mothers had wanted. Btu she had never realized that you might love a place, and the people who inhabit it.
    It’s all very new, this overwhelming affection for a place, and she knows that she owes it to Aranea, and her bravery to come recruiting in the Field even without a voice. So even though she is not confident in her own ability to convince anyone to come to her new home, Sloene sets out to attempt just that.
    The little gray mare with the primitive markings picks the small gathering of mares on a whim, glancing at each as she joins them, a shy smile offered to each in turn before she turns her silver eyes on the cream mare that is the focus of all of their attention. The mare who is a confusing contradiction of the spicy fallen leaves of Sylva and the sharp bite of salty Nerine is the first to speak, and the mare who smells of earthy Taiga follows with many, many more words. But when she is finished, staring at Djinni, Sloene takes the chance to slip a few of her own words in.

“I’m Sloene,” she offers her name first, to all of them, before focusing on the pale mare. “Taiga is lovely,” she adds, keeping her tone sweet and soft in contrast to the confidence of Djinni and Heda. She knows that she is plain in contrast to the winged girl, and even the curiously adorned Djinni, and she must stand out in some other way. “But I have fallen in love with another Kingdom – Tephra. We live where once a volcano erupted, and the nutrients from the volcano’s remains make everything verdant and growing and so exquisite. I’d also be happy to show you my home, if you were interested, and introduce you to the people there. They have taken me in, when I had no home, and made me very welcome.”

SLOENE
    I've got a lump in my throat
    cause you're gonna sing the words wrong
    Blue eyes watched the triplets migrate towards her her diamond shaped ears swiveled towards the first mare who spoke to her. "They call me Lanika but some are allowed to call me Lani." She spoke to the first mare she flicked her ears towards the other two that spoke to her. "Greeting" As she listened to all three talk she couldnt help but wonder what each land looked like. "Indeed I am in search for a herd land to call home." She spoke to all three at once. " It is a hard choice to make as to which one to pick, so please tell me more about each land and the horses with in the herd lands if you please." Yes Lanika was being picky but then again when it comes to where to stay and live one must be certain. "If it seems I am being picky I am not I am just wanting to be certain that I find the right one."

(Icky! Sorry it has taken so long to get back its been a very busy week)
    djinni

Djinni looks up at the sound of approaching hooves, and her sea-glass eyes focus on the oncoming mare. Her bright navy wings and the brush of blue along Heda’s spine remind the grullo mare of another recent acquaintance, but he had said he was from Tephra and this pegasus is Taigan. Perhaps their matching colors are just a coincidence.

She remains unaware of the competitive drive that courses through Heda as the mare introduces herself, and the only thoughts running through Djinni’s mind as she says: “It’s nice to meet you too,” are exactly the same as those she says aloud.

The buckskin seems enthusiastic, jumping directly into the business that brings so many to the Field, and Djinni watches with a small smile. There is a small quiver in the air, a brush of magic being used, and Djinni’s green gaze moves from the cremello mare to the buckskin. She is not entirely sure what has happened – that is not her expertise – but she knows something has. Still, she is not bothered that the young girl feels she has to cheat to make her way ahead in the world. After all, Djinni is rather fond of being underhanded when the time calls for it. The Field is, perhaps, not the right place, but Heda will learn that in time.

The smile that Djinnni gives to Heda when the younger mare looks at her with challenge in her eyes is less blandly friendly than the one before. It’s still polite, still open, but she is amused: at Heda’s actions and not the mare herself, though she makes no effort to distinguish the two.

She’s distracted by the arrival of yet another mare. This one is as grulla as Djinni, and equally small. Djinni likes that, and steps a bit to the side to allow the other mare a less awkward entrance into their conversation. She’s only introduced herself and asked the pale stranger her name; any confidence she exudes must be in her posture. Sloene speaks of Tephra, and Djinni wonders if perhaps she knows Lucrezia and Magnus, or even blue bay Warrick. This is not the time for those questions though, she knows, as even now Lanika is speaking again.

“You’ve every right to be picky,” she tells the cremello with an understanding nod of her head. “I think choosing a home is a rather big decision.”

Djinni had not immediately launched into an explanation of her home the way the other two had, but she doesn’t feel as though she is playing catch up when she begins. “I live in Sylva now, the land north of the mountain. The trees there are always at the peak of autumn beauty through the year; the leaves never fall or fade. As for the people, they are a kind and spirited – much more of a family than a traditional kingdom. It is a good life, if you like safe and comfortable.” It’s a lovely place, perfect for raising a family and forgetting the worries of the outside world. Of course, such a quiet life is not for everyone, and Djinni knows this as she offers Nerine.

“Though if you’re more fond of adventure and daring and proving yourself, the Nerenian Coast might be more your style. Queen Nayl is the daughter of a long line of amazonian warriors, and she will make her kingdom great, I am sure of it. Of course, you’d have to like the ocean, sand, and soaring cliffs, but it is a beautiful land as well. I lived there when the lands first changed, and the women there are a tight sisterhood that still welcomes newcomers.”

“You’d be welcome to visit either of them, of course, with no expectation that you’ll stay. It’s important to feel comfortable in a home, I think.” Here she looks back at the other two, probably expecting some sort of agreement in their demeanor, and adds: “The two of you are welcome anytime as well; I’d be glad to show you around.”

all my fragile strength is gone
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster
    SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT
    (SOrry its taken so long been busy with work and dog shows soon to be no dog shows just new job.)

"You are very right Djinni it is a very time consuming thing. One must not be to care free with the home they pick. For what if you or shall I say I `don't end up getting along with the leader or members of the herd? What is one to do then?" She spoke to smokey painted mare.

Glancing towards the others she waited for their responses. Looking back towards the painted mare "What is the herd like? And what about the humans I've not been near any that were kind or even nice just ones that always wanted to do harm and catch horses for their entertainment." She was right about that one she had some how managed to stay out of their hands while she was growing up she had just seen what they were capable of. "Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind meeting some if they are friendly and nice." She flicked her ears about catching the sounds around them.

(Sorry its crappy)
    lanika
    HTML by Call- picture courtesy gosiamakosa.com
    Heda
    This was new, talk of humans. What were humans? She lacked common knowledge of them, but she did know they tended to be greedy, a very perilous and malicious emotion not to be sealed kindly with. She also knew they walked on two legs, and the rest was all unknown to her, for all she knew it was uncommon in Beqanna for humans to be sauntering about through the lands, for these lands belonged to horses, and them only. And so when this mare speaks of them, questioning of their whereabouts and livelihoods, she can't help but laugh. It sweet and endearing, and definitely genuine.

"Humans?" She tastes the word upon her tongue, its strange some how pleasing upon her lips but still riddled with an unknown feeling. "I don't know quite a lot about them. But they don't come around here." Golden flecked eyes glance about curiously. "Actually I don't think there are any at all in Beqanna." She chuckles at the idea of two legged creatures frolicking about bow legged, and rather wonky looking, with no fur upon them in sight except for a little patch atop of their little heads. What a silly thought, humans in Beqanna.

Her gaze flicks between the others, kingdom goers, "I've never been one for herd life, I heard it's rather peaceful. But most equine I've met prefer a kingdom life, a monarchy." A gentle smile widens upon those navy blue lips. "Tagia, is quite like a herd in a way we're a family, we uphold ranks in more of a hierarchy rather than the usual kingdom structures." Her blue tail stirs at her hocks as the pests annoyingly buzzed about her hind quarters.

"We're like a pack of wolves, well that's what my father calls us. but I promise you we're far more civilized than those savage beasts." She chuckles at the comparison, her hazel hues flickering between equine, with some form of fascination a friendly glow shimmering off of her golden frame, as she expelled joyful emotions upon Lanika, the mare she was trying to convince to come home with her.
    Go ahead. Laugh at the girl who loved too easily
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・