• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

break some bread for all my sins | lucrezia

It has been a long year in Tephra, though as successful as many of the years Dahmer had spent in the Subway. He has grown with Beqanna, with those who work to recover from the Reckoning, and is proud to be an integral part of Tephra. There are moments that he feels uncomfortable in his contentedness, like he should be pursuing a kingdom of his own, but the black stallion figures it's just his mother talking. He finds no shame in being a simple cog.

This winter is, perhaps, a bit chillier than the last, but Dahmer still grins at the absence of snow. Magnus had kept his promise. The obsidian Thoroughbred roams the tropical forest at their volcano's base, humming quietly to himself as he meanders through foliage and over lava streams. Dusk has finally greeted them, offering an orange glow to the residents of Tephra.

He happens upon Lucrezia, the long grasses swaying around their legs as Dahmer joins her and gently taps his muzzle against her soft coat. He grins warmly, blue eyes locking with hers. "Ambassador Lucrezia," he whispers quietly and lowers his narrow head, "I, a simple rank I, am not worthy of your company." A quiet chuckle falls from his lips as he pivots to get a better look at the woman he had long ago begun to regard as a close friend.

"I am serious, though. Congratulations. There is no better person for the job."

Magnus had chosen wisely, just as Dahmer had always known he would.

D A H M E R
    break some bread
    for all my sins

Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water
    Winter has come, but just as the days pass so quickly the cold weather will too. Lucrezia has realized that the world spins around her more quickly – slowly rotating and then suddenly slowly down all at once. It had noted to be the effects of time long ago and had worn off long go as well, but something to her felt like it had not all disappeared.

Perhaps it was just time itself. Maybe getting older she paid more attention to the passing months and years more than she did as a young mare. She knows she will not live forever, and she is still rather young to be even thinking of such things. However, she can only blame her new responsibilities placed on her shoulders that make her think this way. Lucrezia, no matter what, would not change it for the world. She would sacrifice her very life for well-being of her home and anyone within the land as well.

As dusk approaches, she is quietly enjoying her alone time in the silence. She can feel the long blades of grass swaying around her legs. Her gaze enjoys watching the orange glow of dusk fill the sky and light up on the surrounding environment around her. The mare sighs quietly in contentment of the beauty and satisfaction of her thoughts—filled with hope and optimism for the future of every part of her life.

Then suddenly, the silence is quickly broken the soft noises of approaching hooves. Lucrezia never misses a sound or anything that happens around her. She is quick to help and fight if needed. The source that startles her quiet time is something she does not mind at all—Dahmer. He is a comfort to her, and truly Lucrezia has come to enjoy the companionship of the black stallion.

Dahmer greets her pleasantly with a gentle touch, and she is quick to return the favor with her own muzzle on his dark sleek coat. The mare laughs softly at his greeting of words, and if she could roll her eyes literally she would be doing so now. “Well, Dahmer,” she says obviously filled with sarcasm, “I don’t think you would ever leave my company.” It is a simple tease, but she has quickly enjoyed his company and adventure to the volcano as well.

“Thank you,” she says with a tilt of her head and smiles widely at him. “I feel like I can really do my part now.” The very part I have always needed to do for my home, she thinks. Lucrezia falls back into a comfortable position before the black stallion. “How have you been?” The last time she had seen him had been when they parted after coming back down to the mountain. She’s not exactly sure what he might have been up to since then.
    ...too close to the bottom.
    html © samshine| character info: here | picture reference: here
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference