• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Circinae;
    “Oh Ruan …” She thinks wistfully as the wavering note reaches a pitch and then fades once more to silence. If she had known that her casual distance would be the reason his worries would multiply, she would’ve sought out the purple-flecked stallion long ago and told him to relax. He always seemed so troubled when he entered on hooves, not paws, and it seemed likely to crush or enrage him at any given moment. Was this what it had been like for her? “Remember why you had to leave the ‘other’ Ruan and Raeg’n?” She reminds herself, thinking back to how close she’d come to killing that poor, innocent colt in the Meadow. “Not my finest moment.”

But all of that had changed because of him, so she finds it easy to slip back into the forest of Beqanna and head for home where he waits. Lucky for her, the journey wasn’t as arduous as it had always seemed. With her nimble toes and a slender tail for a rudder the winding paths and tangled underbrush posed less of a hazard or hindrance. And talk about the smells! To know exactly who came previously and in which direction, understanding miles ahead where the path would fork or bend, it all came quicker and easier than before. With each shift, Circinae almost began to understand the allure of it all. Maybe Lupei hadn’t been completely out of his mind.

The river rises up to meet her and with it, her thoughts fall silent. Her fine, brown nose tips upwards to search for him, ears flicking softly every which way to catch any movement that might be nearby, and then she has him - the smell of his wolf slowly mingling now with horse. It takes only a twitch of that nose to turn herself again, sprouting up and out while she begins to ford the waters. The ice bites deep into her flesh, despite the winter coat she’s managed to thicken, but her hooves soon find purchase on the opposite bank and she climbs numbly from the border of their home to continue her search.

When she finds him, with ice frozen into solid droplets that pepper her hide like pale, milky gems, he’s a breathing statue: eyes firmly closed. A despondent smile lifts the corners of her mouth, followed by a gentle “I didn’t go far.” that tumbles from her lips. She doesn’t hesitate to close the distance between them, doesn’t even think twice about bumping her velvet green nose against his forehead in casual familiarity. This was the only way she knew how to be with him, the only way she wanted to be with him. “Your heart sounded heavy.” She murmurs against one of his upturned ears, remembering the undulating note he’d loosed.

Her lips tug tenderly at a wisp of his inky forelock and then she stills, letting her head protectively overshadow his own. “I can always help you carry it.” She tells him, “All you have to do is ask.”
    Circinae
    I need the crack of a whip, I need some blood in the cut
    HTML by Call

Messages In This Thread
    Circinae; - by Ruan - 03-10-2017, 01:46 PM
    RE: Circinae; - by Circinae - 03-10-2017, 04:32 PM
    RE: Circinae; - by Ruan - 03-11-2017, 09:02 PM
    RE: Circinae; - by Circinae - 03-13-2017, 01:08 PM
    RE: Circinae; - by Ruan - 03-16-2017, 12:52 AM
    RE: Circinae; - by Circinae - 03-18-2017, 05:41 PM