• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Quand on n'a que l'amour - any

So alike and so different at the same time too. And no, she was not referring to the Heavenly Gates, which Amore had called her home a couple of years, but instead to the place she was born. The sight of the mountain, the longer she took it in, the more something stirred in her. Ever since she had left the Mourning Mountains behind her, not alone, she had never thought of it again.

Her new life in the Gates, it had all been good and happy. She had finally gotten to meet her father and her maman, her mother, had been happy. Even her mom’s friend seemed to relax and live up. Besra had left them, chosen a life of her own, which she had every right too.  Later there had been Posy too, but her mother and sister had disappeared not long after. The one who had left behind was Leck, her brother. He had watched them leave the vulcano.

Back then she had thought it was strange, but, too young to understand, she had let the thoughts slip from her mind. ”Leck.” His name is a silent whisper coming from her lips. Now she was back on volcano ground again and the memory of her pale, horned brother fresh in her mind. For the first time since she had left, Amorette had thought of the mountain again.

When she had left the volcano she had been a girl, a child, a newborn, now she had returned as a young woman. Still unexperienced in life, but not innocent of mind. Her lean form wanders the grassy grounds, the stream not far to her left, her gaze fixed on the towering volcano.

Amorette

Quand on n'a que l'amour.

Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water
    Lucrezia is widely known for wondering through her home. She has fallen back into old habits of watching over the border of her home just like she did in the old world. Some old habits just never died, but she might be a little more cautious after Pollock and his gang arrived at the borders not too long ago. The mare had never liked the stallion since she first met him—his greed and hunger alarmed her, especially for his presence in her home own.

She would not allow such corruption to ever tear apart her home again. No, the greed and hunger of others would not touch Tephra just as it did the Deserts. Nothing in her life would be ruined by such corruption again. Lucrezia would be damn well to make sure it did not.

When her nutmeg gaze catches the sight of the smoky black mare at the corner of her eye, she carefully watches her. Lucrezia has never seen the mare before, but the distant scent of the mare does not alarm her. Something looks like she has been here before. Curiously, she decides she should at least find out who this other mare is. Lucrezia makes to at least make an effort to get to acquainted everyone who lives in Tephra.

Lucrezia picks up an easy stride to make her way to the mare. Her pace is a little fast to close the distance between them, but eventually she slows down when she reaches the mare and continues to approach her at a walking pace. “Hello there,” she calls out from a distance. A wide smile grows across the champagne mare’s lips. “I’m Lucrezia,” her voice is friendly and warm. Lucrezia settles before the mare with a smile still across her lips. “I’ve never seen you before.” She states the obvious, but doesn’t show concern for the presence of the other mare in front of her.
    ...too close to the bottom.
    html © samshine| character info: here | picture reference: here
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

The volcano was all she could see. With every step she takes she gets closer to it. She can feel the heat on her skin and the air she breathes is humid. The heat she’s familiar with, but not this kind of air. Not being used to it, every breath is heavy, and the she has yet to get accustomed to the combination of the two.

Lost in thought, Amorette isn’t aware of the one that’s approaching her. Not until she’s called out to. Her ears twist at the sound, her eyes soon finding the champagne mare who seemed to be its origin. She stops, of course she does, it was only decent and polite to do so. And that was how both her maman and Magnus had raised her to be. ”Hello” she replies, a smile of her own lingering on her lips as she dips her dark head.

The sight in front of her was one to behold. Rich colors, flecks of white, and a warm amber champagne base. Simply gorgeous. But, it does not surprise Amore too much. She vividly remembers the bright sky blue of Besra’s mane. ”It’s nice to meet you, Lucrezia. My name is Amorette.” A short pause lingers in the air, and Amore lets her gaze wander away from the other mare, eyeing the volcano once more. It was still strangely familiar and unfamiliar at once.

”I’m new around here” she replies then, still gazing in the distance. Well, not entirely true, as Amore had been born and raised in Beqanna, had lived here all her life. But she was new to the Tephra, new to the new Beqanna. Slowly her gaze sways back to Lucrazia, the smile that tugged on the corners of her lips was warm and happy. ”But I found my way home again.”

Amorette

TShe has known both the feeling of heat and the sight of mountains all her life. A range of mountains in the east direction bordered the Chamber, where she had been born. Then she was forced to become accustomed to the feeling of heat every day of the year when she left the Chamber to live in the Deserts. But, no matter the path she went on through her childhood days, she would not change it for the world. Her life within the sandy kingdom helped shaped who she is today.

And now she is here in Tephra.

The mare admires the humid heat all year around and the bursting (not literally thankfully, she thinks) activity of the volcano. Lucrezia has had her fair share of adventures on that volcano. It was a dangerous journey once close to the lava lake that boiled deep inside the core of the mountain, but it was something she would never forget. It made her appreciate her home more too—how beautiful and dangerous it all was in one place.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Amorette,” she says in response to the smoky black mare. Lucrezia watches as her gaze flickers to the volcano. There was something inspiring about the volcano. Perhaps a place all came to wish to see and among the tiny islands that lingered in their territory. “It’s amazing looking, even from the very top of it too.” The memory of her journey with Dahmer to the top is recalled briefly. “You can see everything from miles up there,” she adds.

It was not uncommon for those born in Beqanna to return. She had fled this land once before, searching and making her own adventure outside of here. However, she too had come back permanently like many did. “Welcome home,” a soft smile curls on her lips. “Were you off exploring the rest of the world?” She asks with a tilt of her head, curiously wandering what sort of story and adventures the other mare has had. Lucrezia has always had an interest for others.

There was something about the volcano that lured her in. She could be content by watching it from a distance, safely in the grasses of Tephra, but no, that was not good enough. Amore needed to get closer, wanted to feel the heat directly on her skin, hear the rumbling sounds the volcano made up close. That the view would be wonderful, wasn’t something she had thought of before Lucrezia pointed it out.

Her head had dipped slightly, as a silent reply to Lucrezia’s warm words. It was merely a copy of her own, a formality, but it didn’t look like the other mare just said them for the sake of saying them. And thus Amorette smiled softly. ”I can only imagine. Have you been up there a lot?” she asks, only tearing her gaze away from the volcano with difficulty.  Curiosity lies in her eyes as she looks at Lucrezia, eager to hear more about her companion’s adventures.

Home. She was back home again, but had she been exploring? Amore only remembers the confusion from the Reckoning and the absence of her mother and younger sister. She had not recognized the lands she had found herself in and instead of wandering into a familiar face, the smoky black mare had ventured outside of Beqanna. Not on purpose, all the lands had looked strange to her.

”Thank you. It’s good to be back, good to be home again” she replies, her gaze meeting Lucrezia’s for a short moment. ”I’ve wandered through unknown lands and places, but Beqanna’s new lands look just as unfamiliar to me. I merely took the wrong turn at the base of the mountain.” Nothing special had driven her to leave Beqanna, that part of her adventure was quite disappointing. But she had learned and grown, she was no longer the child that had happily lived in the Gates and was oblivious to all dark thing. Though Amorette still saw the good rather than the bad and she liked to think that everybody had goodness in them, hidden or not.

Amorette

Lucrezia is quick to notice the fascination that fills her new acquaintance’s eyes. Her most recent adventure—at least filled with danger—would have to be climbing the long rocky trail up the volcano that stands like a giant compared to all of them. “I’ve only been up there once,” she answers with a smile.

“I would like to go up there more often but it’s a rather long journey,” she considers the volcano for a moment when her gaze turns to examine it. Dahmer and her had somehow managed the long and tedious trail up to the top of the mountain. “There are a lot of lava streams, but if you are careful you can manage it at least within a day if you start early in the morning.” It was an adventure she would never mind taking again.

Hopefully, sooner rather than later. Her time for leisure things might be running short though. Lucrezia has been crowned the power of leading Tephra and those that live within the land. The job description had been quite unclear, and she does not really have much experience leading an entire land. Diplomacy was one thing, but carrying the entire power of leading and governing was entirely different.

She did not feel prepared for it at all, but truthfully she was very prepared for it.

Her entire childhood and upbringing had been devoted to this moment. Rodrik, her devil father, had raised and groomed her into a mastermind of ruling and conquering. However, her heart did not lie within the same lines of his. Lucrezia cared for the betterment of it all, fairness and morality were important to her. Then again, she was also headstrong to ensure such things would follow through.

This time she would make sure it did no matter what.
    Her home would not flood like it did before.

“A home that existed but still exists,” she says with a soft smile. “It was a hard transition for many of us. There was a lot of confusion and of what to do and where many loved and familiar faces went.” Lucrezia speaks from the heart, perhaps also showing how much Amorette had been spared the pain. “Where did you live before the lands changed?” Remembering and speaking about the old world didn’t hurt her as much anymore. In fact, she was happy to speak about the old world if the smoky black mare was willing to.

Lucrezia didn’t need to say anything else to catch her attention fully. She watches the older mare, ears perking forward and the expression upon her young face all too eager. Right now Amore could only wish to make that adventure herself, rather sooner than later. Soon the champagne mare starts to tell her about the one visit she had made to the top of the volcano, and she hung on every word.

”If you want, maybe we can go up there together once, soon perhaps?” she proposes, taking a small step closer towards the peafowl mare. Amorette would gladly take on the adventure alone, but why would she go alone if she could do it together with someone, a potential friend? She guessed Lucrezia was quite a couple of years older, and probably even more years wiser, thus far she had been a nice companion to talk to. ”Can you feel it? The heat on your skin I mean? And the sound, I can only imagine that the lava would create this sizzling sound.” Oh, she wants to experience it all herself so badly.

She can only nod, listening to how Lucrezia had experienced the change, or reckoning as some called it. ”I can only imagine. A mountain appearing out of thin air, as our homes had disappeared. But I’m happy to be back, happy to be home.” She couldn’t say it enough. Amore always valued family and friends highly, clearly taking after both her mother and father in that way.

She smiles softly, the memory of the Gates always made her smile. ”The Heavenly Gates, as my father liked to call it. Though I was born in a place they called the Mourning Mountains. My dad came to pick his up one day, descending from the sky with his magnificent wings, bringing us home. It’s a shame to see the wings gone now.”  Little did she know it had been the Gates’ magic that had rewarded Magnus and given him his wings.

Amorette

Lucrezia laughs softly at the young mare’s eagerness. It filled her with such joy to see another enjoy the same things she liked too. Adventures had always made her appreciate the world around her a little more, and even so it had made her feel more a part of something bigger. It gave her a sense of purpose. She wanted to feel more like anything that she was given it her all to the cards she was given in her life, even if she had changed them just a little than what had been anticipated for her.

“Of course we can!” She agreed all to excitedly as Amorette had. Lucrezia would always have a heart of a child, but a mind like an adult. Her answer would always be yes to an adventure. “Yes, you can feel it on your skin. It’s very hot,” she says, “And you might just have to wait and see if the lava makes that sizzling sound!” Lucrezia teases her playfully.

She nods at the mare’s words being back in her home. The change had been hard, but they had come together. Strangers that now had become just like family. It was peculiar to think of sometimes how a disaster had brought them all together. She only hopes it will continue to bring them all together, at least for the future generations of Beqanna.

When Amorette mentions the Gates her ears perk up. “I remember the Gates and hearing about Mourning Mountains at one point. I mostly visited the kingdoms since I lived in the Deserts and worked as a diplomat.” She had never known the herd life, only of kingdoms and pursuing to climb the ranks at the demand of her father. Her life had changed since them, especially with the new family she had made in the sandy kingdom at one point and now in Tephra. “I loved my wings too,” she says softly, remembering them being taken from her when the Reckoning came. “Everything that the kingdoms had ever given their people had been taken away, and even now some of us have been stripped of our abilities.” It was a strange and foreign thing in the way magic worked within Beqanna.

She hung to Lucrazia’s lips, eager to take in all what the golden mare could tell her about her trip to the mountain’s very top. If someone would tell her that it was impossible to grow more excited, then she would prove them wrong. Amorette was eager to go, to explore herself and that her new companion agreed to join her only made it better.

”But not too hot, though I can imagine one wouldn’t step too close to the edge.” Her laugher is soft and the grin upon her lip amused. ”I would almost ask what we are waiting for” she teases back, knowing damn well one didn’t just decide to climb like the top like this. After all, Lucrezia had told her that she might make it up and down in a day if she would start with the early morning light.

Even though the subject of their conversation changes, Amore is just as eager to hear what the older mare could tell her. During her time in the Gates she had been very young and though she remembers a lot, there is so much more she doesn’t. Nor had she learned about the other kingdoms, except for the Dale who’s diplomats she had greeted when they had come to the Gates’ border.

She remembers Weir and Fynnegan with a small smile. ”I’ve only met diplomats from the Dale, but I know very little of the kingdom life.” She does not know the Deserts Lucrezia speaks off, but Amorette could imagine her as a diplomat. Not hard after what she had seen of the peafowl mare. Her lips curl up at the mention of wings again. And falter, as her new queen tells her something she has no knowledge off.

”Is that what happened?” she asks. Until now she does not know what had changed their world upside down. How it had been that Magnus had lost his wings and what had made the Gates disappear. Yes, she was grateful for having found him again, but her worries for her mother were still there.

Amorette

The smoky black mare’s eagerness for adventure is something Lucrezia has come to admire. She finds those that share her similarity for adventure are remarkable individuals and have many stories of their own to share. In fact, she has become quite good friends with those that share her taste for adventures.

“I would like to take you up there sometime,” she says with a smile when Amorette teases her, “We could sometime in the next couple of days if you’d like.” Lucrezia was more than happy to take the time off of worrying about politics and ruling. Likely, it was still part of her ruling when taking the time to spend it with another resident of Tephra. However, she did not see it that way. She saw it as a chance to get to know the other mare more. Lucrezia was always eager to hear about another, no matter how boring the other may feel like their life may be. There was always something knew to learn.

A smile lingers on her lips as she continues to speak about the world they no longer live in. “Many things are not the same as before. There is no need to worry about kingdom as much,” she pauses for a moment, “Of course, not in Tephra.” She says playfully. Tephra was not a place where she expected loyalty while others lived under her rule. This was a place of tranquility and a sanctuary for those that needed a place to be safe from the world outside. She would gladly take anyone in—of course only those that had good intentions.

“It’s part of what has happened,” she continues on the subject when Amorette asks her. “I had just recently come back before Beqanna had changed. So from what I have known, the change of Beqanna was a punishment and to remind us of the blessings we have. Many took advantage of what we have been given.” She pauses for a moment thinking of what had destroyed the kingdoms. “War. Power. Greed. These are all the things that I believe changed our world.” And she knows it is important to never fall into such a similar path.

@[Amorette]