• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE
    You suck my face : You lay me down : Under your skin : I'm so divine
    Jord walked through the terra, her orbs seeing everyone around her form around Magnus and the council. Jord felt awkward as she bumped into a few of the pregnant mares around her.. bowing her head in apology. Another birthing season seamed to come and go.. maybe one day she would find the right sire.. she thought to herself. Her auds pricked listening to Magnus's words. Her eyes scanning over the council.. Ellyse. Lucrezia, and a familiar face.. Dahmer.  Jord didn't have anything to add to the meeting sure was sure the new council would do their dutys. Even though she herself had taken the diplomacy caste.. she was taking her time with it, being in no rush. She just nodded her head in agreeance and welcome, and wait to see what would be said..
    JORD
    HTML by Call
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    He’s late. But Fox rather lives in his own time, a drummer to his own beat. Still, Tephra is his home, and so these kinds of things matter to him. He is so often out and about, meeting new horses and investigating those parts of Beqanna he is still not completely familiar with, that it is no surprise he does not hear of the meeting, the summons, until far later than he probably should have.

Still, he skips merrily along, skirting the the thin rivulets of lava that occasionally cross his path until he reaches the place Magnus had called them to meet. He is young yet, knowing little of governance or the nuances of peace and war. But his agile mind seeks to learn, his curiosity knowing no bounds.

And he has found he rather has a way with other horses. He had decided (quite recently, actually) that he would make a rather fine diplomat. Perhaps there is a touch of arrogance in that thought, that decision, considering he has never been on a true diplomatic mission. But it is the folly of the young, to think so, before the world teaches them otherwise. And Fox certainly is no different from so many other young boys.

With a wide grin for the group of gathered horses, he settles himself right in, as though he is not abominably late. Coppery ears pricked forward, he remains silent as he follows the conversation, attempting to gather what he can in order to ascertain what he had missed. It does not take him long to gather that Magnus has just handed the reins of the kingdom over the Lucrezia.

A change of leadership! How very fascinating. And quite fortuitous that he can be present for such a thing. ”Oh, how thrilling!” His voice is bright as he offers their new leader a beaming smile. ”You’ll do a fantastic job, I’m sure.” Ever the optimist, is our Fox. ”I’d love to help in any way I can,” he continues without preamble, inserting himself squarely into the midst of the action. ”Actually, I’d rather love to visit other kingdoms. I like meeting new horses, so many fascinating things to learn. I know you’ve been doing it a while, and I’d totally love to learn.”

In all this excitement, he completely forgets to introduce himself. Poor Fox, so much to learn. Though he has no doubt become a common sight, given that he had been born here and making a regular pest of himself, he seems to have trouble remembering even the simplest courtesies.
    Fox

like a heartbeat drives you mad, in the stillness of remembering what you had, and what you lost

There are several voices that comes and go along the gentle breath of the afternoon breeze, with the soft whispered promise of refining their combat and diplomacy aptitude – as pleasant as a wayward siren and her song, but her mind is elsewhere. Her darkened gaze studies the hollow of his cheek, the ridge along his gold-flecked eyes, her own narrowing for a moment as the gears seemingly turn and grind within the deep confine of his impenetrable mind. It is difficult to know what he might be thinking – he is often so quiet, so guarded, and she is left uncertain.

Within her, their unborn daughter stirs and stretches – a surge of movement, spurred by her own sense of her mother’s uneasiness. There are voices – voices all around her, but she is barely listening - something is amiss; something bubbling beneath a usually stoic surface - and then his rumbling voice rises above the soft utterings of the many that stand before him, as smooth as whiskey yet as rough as gravel. Her eyes never leave the outline of his face, or the light glistening within his dark eyes as his focus is settled upon the one nearest to her.

Lucrezia, Tephra needs someone like you at the helm - and suddenly, the dawning of realization settles beneath her skin, leaving her befuddled and stunned in the very same breath. He had mentioned nothing of it to her; not even a breath of doubt in his own leadership. The fractured, broken man before her is no longer weighed down by his proverbial crown of thorns – and instead, its heavy burden now rests upon another’s temple.

A faint nod is given as a familiar, soft voice interrupts the brief reprieve of silence between his heavy words and her own. Lucrezia's vow is strong and unyielding, and though untested, Ellyse knows that she will be as Magnus was – a pillar of strength; a beacon of hope. Her dark hazel eyes search her seemingly endless pallid eyes, and with a solemn nod, with a faint smile (though forced – she hardly smiled, and it felt uncomfortable and foreign) tugging at the corner of her whiskered mouth, she emerges from her own silence.

”You will do well to lead us, Lucrezia,” a pause, her gaze never leaving hers. She could not bear to look at Magnus now, a shred of betrayal quivering in the marrow of her bones. ”and though I cannot speak for everyone, I have faith in that.” An uncomfortable shift (the weight of her stirring daughter grating on her nerves), and finally, ”I will serve you in whatever way you see fit, to whatever capacity.”

Ellyse
    Dahmer heeds Magnus' call as soon as the sound reaches his pricked ears. A swift pivot of his hindquarters and the stallion is on his way to the King, his friend, at a comfortable lope over Tephra's rolling earth. He is not first to arrive,
    following after Lucrezia and a few others he had yet to introduce himself to, but he settles in comfortably with a grin.

His aqua eyes find Magnus and Dahmer nods his head politely, though his gaze soon sweeps to the others that have presented themselves. Their congregation is of ample size, causing the black thoroughbred to hum contently. He gifts a wink to his partner in crime,
    the beautiful peafowl mare, before he notices that Jord has also joined them. The black beast whickers at her in greeting before turning his attention back to Magnus.

A warm pride fills him as he is announced as the third member of Tephra's council.

And then,
    there is a shift in the air, though not unpleasant.

Lucrezia.

His brilliant blue eyes turn to her again, begging for her response to Magnus and his offer. Dahmer can see the uncertainty in her eyes, though he is more than certain that she will rise to the challenge. She is brave,
    and she is worthy.

When, after an eternity, his winged friend agrees,
    he releases bated breath and gives her a reassuring nod. "I would follow you into the winter," a reference only she would understand.

D A H M E R
    break some bread
    for all my sins