• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i don't wanna fall another moment into your gravity; stillwater
    Stillwater
    Maybe if he'd asked nicely.

As it was, he was left snarling his disappoint to empty space, his chest burning with wild frustration. Goddamn it. Gone again. She was always doing that, always disappearing in a blink. Always running from him. What was it that made her do that? She wasn't afraid of him, she'd made that plenty clear, so why always run? She hadn't even run when he'd tried to kill her.

I don't share, she'd said. And he was still trying to puzzle out what the hell that meant before she was gone with barely a Leave me alone, Stillwater  tossed back at him. Damn, woman! As if she'd given him a choice. As if he ever had any choice with her!

His teeth clenched tight over a pressure building in his chest. Stupid damned flat teeth, useless jaws that can't break even a bird's brittle, hollow bones. Pathetic skin pulled tight that could tear at the most crudest weapon set against it. Unnatural beauty, flawless muscle tone, pretty face and that infinite allure that attracts both sexes in equal measure. Fucking useless!  Where was his scales, his armor? His jaws, his body, his claws, his life.

The pressure built and built, and erupted with a reverberating roar.

At least that  sounded as he should, bouncing echos off the water's surface and thundering through the forest of his cage like the trapped beast that he was, shaking these damned trees with his frustration. A legendary sound booming and threatening enough to rival even a pathetic dragon's bellow of fury. Weak, dragons. Just giant birds with anger management problems, difficulty controlling themselves like rabid beasts. Weak. But far more than a damned horse.

Loud and long, that roar, finally fading into a mournful lament as his head bowed. He sighed. Nothing was right. Nothing was as it should be. Why did she always leave. Why was he still here.

His dark muzzle bent to his boy, quietly tucked him in firmly at his side. A warm breath ruffled through his little crested mane, breathed across his neck. Maybe one day this one would disappear on him too. Just a blink, and gone. He lapped at that small, painted neck, licking clean more of the water he was birthed in. Their water. Their home, the two of them. Or so Djinni suspected. He moved slowly to little ears, a little forehead, tending him like a father should. Or so he suspected.

What the hell did he know.

idk what happened. i think he threw a minor tantrum maybe. -skeptical narrow eyes-
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it