• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i don't wanna fall another moment into your gravity; stillwater
    Stillwater
    He knew the moment he'd said something wrong. The line of her body stiffened in anger and she stood to hover over them, he and his boy. Maybe she might not have frowned so hard if she knew how attractive it was, that violent light in her eyes daring him to screw things up further, say something more and give her a reason. There was threat in every instance of her fury, and somehow he always managed to ignite it despite knowing just how dangerous she and her magic were to him. She could do anything at all to him, and he'd be nearly helpless. Nearly.

"What do you want?"

Oh no, not that question again. Hadn't she learned not to ask that question? What do you want. A cave. And a cave she delivered. And her body he took. And a boy she delivered. He held his silence, a tendril of fear snaking through his blood, afraid of answering that question that never seemed to turn out how she meant for it to. How either of them meant for it to. "You don't want to stay away, but do you really want to stay?" He frowned and stared up at her, his eyes flickering briefly with a naturally matching anger in defense of her sharp tone.

"Or do you want to go back, back to Nerine, to Nayl?" His brows pulled tighter and his blue-gray eyes shaded just a little grayer, just a little lighter. What the hell did that mean? He hadn't seen Nayl in... How long had it been now? Two years? Had Djinni visited her? Had Nayl spoke of him? Curious, if so, but no fault of his own.

"Or do you want Luster, or the water, or something to eat?" His eyes lightened further at the mention of Luster. His body tensed and he felt as though he were being threatened somehow. All these questions, why all these questions? He glared at her, though it only lasted an instant, and at the mention of feeding his face blanked and his gaze slid to her throat in reflex. He jerked his eyes back to hers the moment he realized it though, and forced himself to remain there in the heated brown.

Her voice lacked accusation. She didn't sound full of hate and disgust just then as she mentioned what she knew he craved. Surely, that was what she'd meant. Not eating grass, she'd never seen him eat grass like some dumb horse, had she? She knew his preference was darker, crueler, smoother, warmer. Why was the thought of it already consuming him so quickly, making his mouth feel so dry and parched. No, he wasn't hungry, or thirsty. He didn't need it, not yet.

He slowly refocused, still staring into those eyes, his face expressionless. Uncertain. Nayl? Luster? These bothered her somehow. Jealousy? Surely not. Not Djinni. Djinni who could have anyone she wanted at the blink of those thick lashes of hers. What could she possibly find enjoyable about him? He was impossibly attractive, as was the nature of what he was, but such a shallow feature would have won her over far sooner than seemed the case. Instead, he'd had to constantly prod and dig at her, trying to shred her walls to see who she was on the other side. And each time she'd brushed him off, turned him away.

Until she hadn't.

His face softened again. He could hear the quiet breathing of the boy resting against him, feel his warmth pressed into his father's body. But he never looked away from Djinni, and even found that he was slowly tracing the details of her face as he thought. Her natural face. Over brows and fiery eyes, smooth cheeks, velvet nose, supple lips. His eyes lingered there, those lips, before finally rising to meet her eyes again.

He'd meant to ask what she would name their son, hadn't he? Meant to turn the conversation to something else, something safer that probably wouldn't piss her off further as he tended to do. And yet. Instead. He commanded her in a voice gone startlingly soft and smooth, blue-gray eyes heavily intent on hers.

Kiss me.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i don't wanna fall another moment into your gravity; stillwater - by Stillwater - 04-30-2017, 04:31 PM