• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Now or Never
    Naira couldn't help but notice Kreios' uneasy movements and expressions when she moved closer to the pinto stallion (who still hadn't even told them his name), his  motions definitely hinting being protective of her. His smile when she mentioned her temperamental tendencies brought a small smile to her own lips, for she had never thought that her more unpredictable side would be something she was encouraged to embrace.

As the strange horse moved swiftly towards them, Naira drew strength from the solid feel of Kreios' muscled shoulder pressed into her own, and leaned into the contact and security that he was offering. She fought the urge to step backwards as he continued stepping closer to her, and only allowed herself to relax when he stopped moving and began to speak. That temporary reprieve from caution disappeared when the painted horse wheeled around and trotted off, causing her to start slightly before settling again. He shifted gaits fluidly, moving into a swift canter, his long legs carrying him further away from them before he stopped suddenly and began to graze again. Her eyes filled with confusion and her mouth slightly agape, she looked up and smiled seeing that  Kreios' expression closely mirrored her own. "You might be less lonely if you talked to others rather than running around and grazing all the time." Naira couldn't agree more with that statement, shaking her head and swishing her pale tail in utter perplexity.

She could feel the gaze of the horse beside her return to her, so she met it with her own. "I would love to see this desert. I have never seen one before. And your home in the Orange Country sounds equally intriguing. I'm excited to see them both." She saw his gaze continually stray to the pale white lines crisscrossing her golden coat and smiled faintly. Well, maybe that would give them something to talk about on their journey. After casting one last glance at the stallion who, apparently, contented himself with frolicking around and grazing, she nodded definitively at Kreios, hearing a bit of the anxiety she felt by the presence of the other horse leak into her tone. "Lead the way."

Naira felt the tension in the air before anything was even said. The pinto let out a whinny, causing the young mare to extend her neck and cock her head in curiosity. "Your protecting her like shes yours." Naira didn't mind, she enjoyed the feeling of having someone look after her, for once in her life. He continued to approach them, showing no sign of stopping any time soon. Naira pressed into Kreios, laying her ears back slightly and shifting backwards. He stood very close to the pair of horses and the apprehension the mare felt was palpable. " you probably find me weird, i find younweird, horns, horse? Or ram? Who knows?, now m'lady what do you think?" Before giving Naira a chance to respond, he continued, his tone threatening, " i think i'd make a fine contestent for the army with my stamina, who knows." Naira let out a soft whicker in response to the stallion's continued approach, pinning her ears flat against her head and backing up. Her heart was beating so fast, she felt as if it would pound right out do her chest.

Messages In This Thread
    Now or Never - by Naira - 05-25-2015, 09:26 PM
    RE: Now or Never - by Aziz - 05-26-2015, 02:26 AM
    RE: Now or Never - by Kreios - 05-26-2015, 01:04 PM
    RE: Now or Never - by Aziz - 05-26-2015, 01:38 PM
    RE: Now or Never - by Naira - 05-26-2015, 02:45 PM
    RE: Now or Never - by Kreios - 05-26-2015, 03:03 PM
    RE: Now or Never - by Aziz - 05-26-2015, 04:49 PM
    RE: Now or Never - by Naira - 05-26-2015, 08:50 PM
    RE: Now or Never - by Kreios - 05-26-2015, 09:25 PM
    RE: Now or Never - by Naira - 05-26-2015, 10:37 PM
    RE: Now or Never - by Aziz - 05-27-2015, 01:13 AM