• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Starting Over (Again) (No Sylva)
    Everything had changed so rapidly, Sirana had not been able to keep up. Beqanna's entire landscape had changed, then she had been separated from her brother by the herd stallion... she didn't even know where Aten was. The last she'd seen of him was the day Njenyi had chased him off the herd's land, out back toward the fields of Beqanna so he could go find his own home. The now grown mare had tried to leave and go find him, but Njenyi had not allowed it.

As of lately though, he seemed to have disappeared, so as soon as Sirana felt it was safe, she took the chance. She galloped away from the herd as fast as her legs could carry her, the maiden making good headway towards the Field. However, between the day Aten had left and now, in the present, it had been a long number of moons, over a dozen or more in fact, so that colt was by now a young stallion. Not the young face Sirana remembered him as.

Still, she had to take a chance. She'd asked around, seeing if any horse here recognized the description she gave of her little brother; a champagne colored stallion with brown eyes. Even though the champagne coat was a rare color among the horses of Beqanna, not including Sirana's entire family tree on her dam's side, no one recognized the description of Aten. Sirana spent three days among the cliques of horses in the Field, still continuing to ask, even heading out to the battlefield where some horses were licking their wounds after a spar. No one had seen him, or Nerius, whose only difference between himself and his younger brother were the colors of their manes and tails.

Sirana had not lost hope, but the ache in her heart grew with each passing day. Others had tried to comfort her by offering the location of two champagne mares, but Sirana knew who they were; her older sister Eiria, and their dam, Anahi. While she wished to go check on her dam and sister, Sirana wanted to try and find news of Aten and Nerius first. So, at the very least, if she got the chance to visit Anahi, she could tell her the fate of the two colts.

It was still early morning when Sirana decided to take a break from her searching. She didn't have the appetite to eat any of the grass, a fact that had yet to really show on the contours of her maiden body. It hadn't been long enough yet for the lack of food to show, except for the loud growling of her stomach. She wouldn't be able to eat anything really, not while she was still worrying for her brothers.

However, thirst was another story entirely. If she didn't drink anything, she would not be able to go on for much longer. It was that exact mindset that had pushed her yesterday to consume the minimal amount of grass she'd eaten to stave off her hunger.

Sirana headed for the waterfall she spotted in the distance, walking along absentmindedly as she thought of her family. She'd left a number of good friends when she departed Njenyi's herd land, and still had no info on the fate of her brothers. She suddenly wondered if her dam had received any news on the disappearance of Archam, the sire of all four of her foals. Was she still doing okay? Had she felt her heart breaking upon learning of the roan's fate?

While some herds contained a number of mares, along with a favorite, Sirana could tell the love between her parents had been genuine, if only for a short while before everything went to hell. She admired the bond they had with one another, whether it was based upon love that sprouted quickly, or something that grew and first manifested when Archam asked Anahi to be the lead mare of his now-defunct herd.

Sirana could only hope Anahi was doing okay. She was so absorbed in her own thoughts she only registered she'd arrived at the lake when she felt water coming up to her knees. Not caring about such a small thing, Sirana lowered her head, sticking her whole muzzle in the water for a moment before lifting it back out until her lips were at the water's surface. She took a nice, long drink, noting how the waterfall was spraying her with a light sheen of mist. Her mane and tail were turning soggy rather quickly, and her coat was darkening by a few shades.

But, she did not care. She only wanted a moment's rest before going back out to search for her brothers. Stepping out of the water, the mare shook her head to get rid of the water on her muzzle. Relaxing one of her back legs, Sirana lowered her head and let her brown eyes drift shut, welcoming the sweet sensation of sleep that had escaped her for so long now.

- x - x - x -

So I got a post up for this character because, even though Njenyi's other account Djinni is active, Njenyi's own has lacked activity for a long time. I wanted to get Sirana back into the swing of things, so I posted for her.

I contacted an admin but never heard a response back. I didn't wish to wait any longer, so, yeah, post. If I need to take it down, then that's fine, but please tell me first.

Also, I request for no Sylva horses to recruit her because, while I want her to go see her dam again, I'd like for Sirana to split from her family and live her own life again.
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    It has long ago been established that there are few places young Fox does not dare go. So it should come as no surprise that he can be found today in, of all places, the field. He has been here once before, mostly as a lark, but today, he comes with much more serious purposes in mind. Or at least, as serious as Fox can get.

If we are being perfectly honest, that really isn’t very serious. You would be hard pressed to find a more carefree, spirited, (and, if we’re being honest) wastrel of a colt. He has spent his youth traipsing and charming his way through Beqanna, and he has no plan on stopping now. But, he has decided that his talents could be put to much better use than simple amusement and friendliness. Indeed, he had to have developed such a personality for a reason.

No time like the present to test such a theory.

And so, here he is, in the field, making a general nuisance of himself. Or at least trying to. So far he has yet to meet with success. Almost everyone else is occupied, and frankly, most of them have no inclination to pay much attention to a young stallion stuck between child and adult. A frustrating occurrence if ever there was one. Alas, he cannot change his age. Cannot change the youthful, slender build of his ruddy frame, nor can he make the shaggy red locks that flop halfway down his neck grow any faster, nor the thick, red strands of a tail that only reaches his hocks.

But then, he strikes upon gold. Well, not gold, though the color is a bit reminiscent. Rather, an amber gold mare resting quietly upon the shores of a small lake, eyes closed and hoof cocked in drowsy slumber. One who happens to be alone, if perhaps sleeping. Stepping near, he drops his head a bit, peering at her through his red forelock with bright, rather merry nut-brown eyes. ”Hello,” he says, warm voice soft, so as not to startle her, smile stretching his lips in greeting. At her feet, a small swirl of snow coalesces, causing an rose of pure white to sprout from the ground, the crystals of ice that form its petals glittering in the sunlight. ”You look as though you could use a bit of cheering up.” It’s true, though as far as Fox is concerned, everyone could use some cheering up. ”I’m Fox.”
    Fox
    So this is what it must've been like for poor Anahi when she was raising one foal, even two at times despite the fact one would've been a yearling. Sirana had been enough trouble to her dam when Eiria was a newborn; the rambunctious yearling was running everywhere and getting in everyone's business, wanting to learn all she could about the world. When another horse wouldn't give her an answer, Sirana would seek out her dam's opinion, often waking her up from her brief naps in the process.

The mare could've sworn it had only been about five minutes before an unfamiliar voice drew her back out of her desired slumber. Her eyes lazily drifted open to be met with a beautiful sight. Despite the heat of the spring sun, a white rose had sprouted, its color glittering ivory in the sunlight. Sirana was a bit taken aback, having never seen anything like this. She stretched out her neck some, giving the flower a light sniff. Though the smell of snow was prominent, she thought she could still detect the scent of a rose flower. But that could've just been her, since the smell of roses brought back happy memories of when her siblings were born.

After Anahi found that grove in the Falls so long ago, often giving birth there due to its secluded spot and forest providing shelter for them, a small rose bush had once more begun sprouting following Eiria's birth. Sirana found it almost ironic, for she remembered seeing the poor-condition plant the first time she and her dam had set hoof in that grove. But the first time she saw it sprouting got rid of any doubt in her mind. It may have been a weird coincidence, or something of the nature. At that age, Sirana only cared about how beautiful the rose bush looked once it bloomed.

Sirana had been contemplating her memories when she remembered she had company. After all, a pure white rose couldn't have just sprouted suddenly like that. It had to have been the doing of one of Beqanna's horses that possessed special abilities, like some of her past Falls herd mates. Her brown eyes glanced to her left, seeing another set of hooves. She lifted her head, taking in the horse's form.

He was a lithely built creature, not quite up to the form of a stallion just yet. Still, his overall appearance indicated he probably wasn't younger than two years old. He was clad in a red roan coat, not totally unlike the coloring Sirana's own sire possessed, different only thanks to mane and tail color. His brown eyes, a few shades different than hers, held a sparkle of mischief, but Sirana thought she saw potential lurking within them.

"Well, the flower did help. So, thank you," Sirana replied quietly, a small smile forming on her lips. She glanced down at the rose again, a flicker of happiness igniting in her heart. Moving her head to brush her forelock out of her eyes, the champagne mare looked at the stallion again, "Nice to meet you Fox. I'm Sirana."
    C R O T A

It is a warm spring day when the small spotted mare makes her way through the hills of her homeland and out into the main commonlands of Beqanna. The past few weeks had been strange. Her claim on the hills had been a swiftly made choice, one might almost say impulsive. Though whilec she had rested afterwards and gotten her bearings, the small pony had decided it was about time she venture out and find one or maybe even a few that may be willing to follow her back to the hills and help to make it home.

This wasn't a task she saw doing on her own. Like the old term says, it takes a village and her belief was exactly that, that it took a village to build one. With short yet determined strides, her stocky yet muscled legs carried her into the field of those who were searching for a place to belong and to potentially call home. Though there was not a single horse on her own she scanned the groups and pairs slowly in search of a potential conversation she could join and maybe make her own offer if allowed.

It is when her eyes are scanning the groups that a sparkle of light catches in the corner of her eye and out of pure curiosity she turns towards it, her bright blue eyes locking in on the small white flower made of ice crystals... For a moment sbe is mesmorized as the small creation brings back memories of the snow ontop of the mountains that surrounded her home. How beautiful it was compared to most things in the field and it easily brings a small smile of happiness dancing across her pink lips.

Before she knows it she is stepping towards them, allowing them to get their introductions out of the way before she stops near and nods in a silent hello. "That is very beautiful, your creation." Her eye locks on Fox and with a smile she turns towards Sirana and nods gently. "Hello, I'm Crota. If I could do something like that to help you feel a bit better, I would. But you know," her voice is kind and gentle as she says this. She means no disrespect to Fox, as his creation was truly something to be admired and like him she wanted to help the other.

@[Sirana] I hope it's okay that I jump in here <3
    Sirana hadn't expected another to show up so quickly, but figured the newly arrived mare had spotted the shimmering crystal rose. How else could she have seen the two horses from so far away? True, Sirana's gold coat wasn't exactly a common enough trait that it stood out easily, especially in the sunlight, and the red roan colt was an eye catcher himself. The rose had to have drawn her.

The gold mare watched the other approaching one carefully, just in case her friendly appearance betrayed her true attitude. When the spotted mare was close enough, she first complimented Fox on his rose creation before introducing herself to the pair of horses. Sirana nodded her head back in return, her brown eyes warm as she looked at the spotted mare.

"Good to meet you Crota. I go by Sirana. I appreciate that you would wish to help, but I have a feeling neither you nor I are capable of the same gifts Fox here is," she joked, smiling at the younger roan. "Did you come from a nearby territory perhaps? The Taiga? The Tephra?"
    C R O T A

Crota had never been the type to judge those on their simple appearances. For over time she had learned that even though one may not have a great ability or fancy color doesn't mean that they can't be great equally. For what seems to be easily forgotten is the fact that it doesn't take abilities to be a great leader or have a powerfully positive influence on the world around them. You simply had to have great intentions and a good heart. At least, that was what she had come to believe.

As she watched the gold colored mare with her dark golden hair, she thought of how it could be possible that someone so kind would be a great asset to the world they were trying to create back in the hills. Her manners were something that caught Crota's attention even more-so and with quick flicks of her ears they pointed towards the mare, showing Sirana her complete attention. "Well Sirana, it is quite a pleasure to meet you," she allows her smile to grow a bit more.

"Yes, I must say that I think you may be right," chuckling softly she shifts her weight, observing the mare momentarily until Sirana's question floats through the air in-between them. With a gentle shake of the head in the form of a no she locks her eyes on the other mares. "No, I am not from either of those lands," she says with a kindness to her voice. "I come from the hills one of the lands that the mists recently revealed. I have laid claim to it and I am in search of other horses who may want to join me there and take a chance to grow it into something wonderful."

"It is a beautiful place, tons and tons of hills as the name suggests, covered in rolling green grasses and a strange but delightful mixture of plants from various types of landscapes, such as cacti from the desert, ferns from the rainforest," she pauses then not wanting to overwhelm the other with too much information at once. "If you'd like, I could show it to you... And if you like it and want to stay, we would love to have you."

It is then she grows quiet for she has never done this before, recruited another to a homeland. She knows her words aren't perfect. They aren't the most convincing or elegant. But she does her best to try, to show that she has good intentions through her tone and gentle invitation as her heart beats quickly with nervous anticipation.

@[Sirana]
    Sirana nodded her head in understanding; she had heard recently that the mists surrounding some of Beqanna's outer land skirts had lifted, exposing more of what lay beyond. Lands that other horses must have claimed, like Crota here, or perhaps Nerius or Aten if they were out living their own lives. Sirana hadn't heard from either of them recently, or her dam and sister. She could only hope they were doing fine.

The golden mare listened quietly as Crota told of what her homeland was like, the very description of it lightening Sirana's opinion about it. It sounded like a wonderful place, and she did want to see what it was like. But not until she said something else...

"It sounds beautiful. I would like to take a look, see what it's like, but, with all respect, I ask that you extend the same invitation to Fox here, if he wishes to see what the Hills are like as well," Sirana told Crota, her eyes firm in her decision.
    C R O T A

Unlike Sirana Crota unfortunately didn't have any family or friends that she had to worry about or wonder over what they might be. Well then again, that wasn't exactly true. Were Caw or Spear to wander off and she weren't to hear from either of them she would worry greatly and if anything she would do her best to find them. Constantly searching until they reappeared. They had quickly become her self-declared friends, if not her self-declared family in sense. She was so grateful to have them, for before she had discovered the hills with them she hadn't had a single soul to share her life with.

Claiming the hills had thankfully been the best decision she had made in her short life. She only hoped that she, Spear and Caw could make it up to Beqanna's standards in the time that was expected of them. Sirana's words though pull her from her thoughts and in response she smiles nice and wide, her bright blue eyes sparkling gently. "It really is beautiful and it's such a peaceful place, truly." She pauses for a moment, a hint of excitement tracing along with her words.

Oh, how she loved her home and how she wanted to share it with everyone. So when Sirana requested out of the most respect for Fox that the offer of visiting be extended to him she nods in understanding and extends the invitation without hesitation. "I would absolutely love for Fox to come and visit us as well whenever he pleases, that is if he would like." Her eyes turn to Fox as she offers the same to the other with a genuine kindness. "Please don't ever hesitate to come and see us and explore, Fox."

Looking back to Sirana, she does her best to place her attention on the stallion and mare at the same time. "If you'd like, I can take you there now of course. Oh, and Fox?" she pauses for a moment, turning her small delicately curved head towards the other. "If you'd like to follow us, please, feel free." She doesn't say it, but the spotted mare is certainly impressed by Sirana's kind nature and her insistence that Fox be included. Her good heart is a wonderful sign and she made a mental note to mention it when the two were alone in the future.

@[Sirana]
    Sirana was pleased that Crota was willing to extend her offer to Fox. Whether or not the stallion already had his own home, since he was here next to them, Sirana figured it was only right to involve him in this. He should be invited to visit, not blindly left out of the conversation when he was standing less than three feet away.

So, when Crota spoke to the roan stallion, telling him he could come visit, or even follow the two mares to the Hills to look it over, Sirana smiled at the leader of the new land. And, when she did offer to escort them there now to see it, Sirana did not hesitate.

"I would like to see this place, if you'd be nice enough to show me. I might like it so much I may choose to stay, if that's all right," she adds with another smile. She looks at the roan, "Well Fox? What do you think?"