• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Wake Up
    It had been a few days since the little creatures had lured him away from his mother, who was still out in the field for all he knew. At first he had thought that she was just sleeping, that she would wake up and they could continue traveling. But she didn't. She stayed on the ground as still as the rocks around them. The only time Kovas thought she moved was when the wind gently blew her mane to one side.

Kovas was only four months old, he didn't understand what had happened to his beloved mother. Sure she had always been slow when she trotted. But never to this extent. It was only when an insect had spooked the colt did he understand. A beetle, one with large mandibles had crawled into Kovas' space. Bugs were usually harmless though annoying, but this one was scary looking. It was larger than most and seemed to have some kind of armor around it. Kovas did what was only natural. He stomped on it.

When the dust had settled, and the creatures had calmed Kovas down, the colt's eyes fell upon his deed. The bug was still and a bit flat but it was still. Kovas nosed at the still bug and nothing. Just like his mother.

Finally it hit him, his mother would never wake up. He was alone in this world...

Kovas looked around, wondering if the other foals knew that their mothers would never come back. Whenever the creatures neared him, the colt kicked at them, refusing the milk they offered. Instead he took to eating the grasses around him, remembering that his mother would eat the green on the ground. Kovas continued this behavior, kicking at anyone and anything that got too close. He didn't want their help. He wanted his mother. And she was gone.

I'm just a poor boy. I need no sympathy.
    ( because I'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low )

It isn't like him to stray from the land of murders and phsycos but, even he himself, the bringer of discord grows bored amongst the blood stained earth of his home country. His son, Imperial was far too young to delve into the skillful and satisfying art of inflicting excruciating pain upon another weak waste of flesh upon this land. His son's mind is too feeble, and simple, and innocent for such skills needed to dive into the dirty work. He needed, a boy someone young and strong and no longer innocent.

So he decides, to wander, to stray. An where otherwise to go, when looking for a prodigy than the den of the weak, and forgotten. Concealing himself he enters the den, like a snake, prowling, lingering in the shadows, a silent predator. His crimson gaze falling upon the pitiful youth, a scrawny girl, a dormant boy, and then a defensive colt. Waylan watches as the boy shoos, away mare after mare with such a precise movement, so skillful, and so strong. Just what he needed, a strong companion to lessen the weakness within his own son.

So he goes forth towards the defensive child, remaining concealed, hidden, a walker within the shadows. Until he reaches the boy, he allows his pair of ruby gems to be revealed, as he towers over the heavy built boy.

A crooked grin forming upon his dark lips, "Are you lost?" He whispers, disappearing into thin air, his body circling the small child like a shark circles it's unsuspecting prey. Allowing his frame to flicker before coming into view. "Your strong." he comments, the volume of his rough vocals growing louder but remaining scarce within the wallowing atmosphere. "I could teach you how to use that strength of yours, boy." He adds, his tone hinted with a malicious intentions.

waylan

any way the wind blows        doesn't really matter to me

Kovas' ears swiveled back as he noticed the large shadow that was cast over him. The shadow belonged to another stallion, just like him! Except this stallion was bigger and older. Way older. At first, Kovas thought he was like the others, offering pity and sympathy. Kovas doubted they understood what the colt had gone through, what it was like to learn about death at such an early age. Even the other foals didn't know what it meant. They all whined and kept asking the creatures when their mothers would return. They didn't lose their mothers, their mothers just didn't want them. But Kovas' mother wanted him, she gave her life for him. It wasn't fair, but after seeing mare after mare come into the den, he understood that she was older. That it was probably her time to go anyways. He still cried for her however.

But this stallion was different. He didn't offer pity, he wasn't sympathizing with Kovas either. That had caught his attention. The colt's ears swiveled forward once again, now curious of this equine before him. He looked into the stallion's ruby eyes, they were strange. His mother had brown eyes just like himself.

"I'm not lost." Kovas snorted, stomping a hoof into the ground. He curled his neck to make himself look bigger than he already was. The colt didn't expect to be complimented, however and quickly deflated him. "W...Why do I need to be taught about how to use my strength? I can already use it!" Kovas huffed, though nervous. With the proclamation, Kovas lifted his back legs and kicked at the air, accidentally hitting one of the creatures that was flying around. Once his hoofs met the ground again, he wobbled a little but still lifted his head proudly. He could take care of himself. Or so he thought.

"What kinds of stuff do you want to teach me anyways?" Kovas asked, ever cautious.
    Questions and questions, this little boy awaits to be answered, and our crooked minded man is tempted to give him it. To tell him the truth of his nature, for why he kills, why he tortures, why he inflicts. But this boy is no longer innocent, he can see it in his eyes, the boy has lost something, something that had opened his once blind eyes. This boy before him had tasted death, had relished in the sweet excellence of a dying body, but has also mourned. Something Waylan hasn't experienced himself, a loss of someone so close, that was something he lacked. A closeness, a friendship, but perhaps he just lacked the feelings.

He didn't know what this boy had been through, but he watches curiously as he answers. Allowing his crimson gaze to fall upon a small corpse of a beetle at the boys feet. Perhaps this was the boys first kill, Waylan remembered his, her screams, the blood, the mess. His father was there for him, aiding him in the clean up, and helping him rid of the lingering remains. Staring at the boy he mutters,"Squish it." His vocals are cold, and hardened, lacking any form of emotions. 

Before his gaze lifts he watches as the boy takes a swing at the fairies, and a crocodile grin forms upon his velvet lips. "There's much to learn, precision, force, intended damage, and agility." He lists his blood gaze lingering upon the boy as his silver tail stirred at his hocks."You have poor aim." He adds, allowing his pearly white teeth to snap at one of the small creatures, catching a frail wing between his jaws before grinding upon it ruthlessly, and tossing the small creature to the ground.

"Now come, I lack the patience to stay here." He ends, striding off with the boy at his side.

OOC: Okay I will be posting in Pangea soon
    Kovas gave the stallion a questioning look as the older horse muttered something. He didn't quite catch it... Well he pretended he didn't anyways. The stallion before him was starting to seem scarier and scarier the more time Kovas spent around him. The foal flicked an ear, looking back at the fairy he had hit when he heard 'intended damage'. That was true, Kovas had a lot to learn. He didn't want to admit it but maybe this was what Kovas needed. He wasn't going to get his mother back and hearing all the foolish foals ask for theirs back was an annoyance. Kovas' ears flicked back when the stallion criticized the foal. He was about to say something about it when the older horse began walking away, urging Kovas to walk with him. He still wasn't sure about this equine, but he was obviously strong. He could keep Kovas safe and that's all he ever wanted. For someone to care for him. Kovas could get used to living with this stallion.

The young colt looked back at the creature his new protector had caught and spat out, the others circled it to try to help it. Kovas snorted hot air at them, lifting his head up. He ran ahead of the stallion before turning and waiting for him, ears perked. Excitement lit up within his brown eyes, watching his new protector.

"My name's Kovas." he smiled, hopeful about his future. "What's yours?" Kovas asked, hesitant to ask whether or not the stallion was Kovas' new father. He had one before, he was sure. Kovas' mother told the colt about him sometimes. But he had left them... Kovas was sure that he wasn't as strong as the horse before him. A strong stallion wouldn't abandon his mare and child.

OOC;

Aight! Lemme know when you've made the post~ ^u^