• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm better off on my own (any)

Without the knowledge to lead, so you just follow the sheep.
    Making sure your lame swag is all polished and clean.

It's funny to him, how something so small and innocent can trust so easily. If life had taught him anything it was that the world can't be trusted. For there was always a judgement, an ill word, a negative thought about each and every soul that inhabited it. No one could be truly trusted. Except for the children. Though even then, that was something to be questioned...

Could they really be trusted?

I guess you would only truly know until you spent enough time around them yourself and observed without bias. You would have to be a creature of complete and total unemotional ties. Unable to be swayed by the face of a gentle child. But like Tannor, the rest of the world wouldn't see it this way. Instead they would see purity, innocence and be grateful that for once a soul didn't see them the way the rest did.

This is why he can't turn away from her, why he can't reject her. In all reality he is much like her, or at least her train of thought. While even though it was highly unlikely on his father's end... He too was potentially a mistake, a burden, a try at a grab of power. Something that wasn't actually meant to exist; with this had come mistakes and hard choices that led to monumental repercussions and while he may not be the worst of history, he carried the weight of the world on his shoulders as though he were indeed that. The worst.

It's her look of hope that pulls him out of the newly formed trance as he looks into her eyes and for a moment he is silent. To be wanted was something he wasn't used to in the least and it, needless to say, shocks him. "Will you be my family? Then both of us would never have to be alone again!" Gently his lips press together forcing down the small smile that was threatening to appear in response to her eager words. "I will be your family, little one," his voice is quiet and tentative. "I don't think I want to be alone, at least not anymore." He sighs softly before continuing. "I am tired of being alone."

Looking up across the den he watches the small creatures dart in out of the tall grasses before rolling his shoulders and looking back at her. He watches the way she looks over his shining coat in wonder and it is then he allows the small smile to break free and trace over his lips. "I think you will do a fine job at being my family, and I promise I will do the same for you." It is huge this promise. For all the years that Tannor had been alive he had never sought to have children, had never cared to create another life and help it to grow into something. Children had never been his forte and never had he wanted them to be.

At least not until now.

"Would you like to go with me to a potential home? I'm hoping there we can have a good life. One that isn't so tormented by the negativities of the world." He knows she won't know what he means, at least not for now. But it is now that he feels the sudden urge to protect something more than himself and with it comes the need to help her live somewhere that isn't as burdened by the politics and tainted nature of the adult world. Somewhere she can be happy without the worry of constant danger as she grows. Somewhere that wasn't like the war torn home he had been born and raised into. He wants her to have somewhere where she won't grow into what he had once been.

TANNOR

demon morphing son of a bitch

Messages In This Thread
    I'm better off on my own (any) - by Arantha - 03-31-2017, 01:24 PM
    RE: I'm better off on my own (any) - by tannor - 04-01-2017, 05:10 PM
    RE: I'm better off on my own (any) - by Arantha - 04-02-2017, 01:18 PM
    RE: I'm better off on my own (any) - by tannor - 04-02-2017, 02:02 PM
    RE: I'm better off on my own (any) - by Arantha - 04-02-2017, 02:39 PM
    RE: I'm better off on my own (any) - by tannor - 04-02-2017, 05:51 PM