• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm better off on my own (any)

Now I gotta make a decision and I don't really know which option to choose. I'm a big wreck, did you not get the news?
    Can't go to sleep unless I leave the lights on.
    You don't know how many fuckin' demons I know.

He's never had this. He's never shared a moment with another creature where he made happy and not just simply happy, but genuinely so. It's all so very new to him. It's almost as though someone has lit a candle within the darkest corners of a cave. She is quickly bringing light into the darkest parts of his life and even the darkest parts of his mind. He watches her jump and kick as she squeals with happiness and for a moment all is right with the world. Nothing else exists but this happy moment between him and the child he's run across by chance.

It is when she returns back to him, pressing back into his side that he shakes his head, clearing his mind and forcing himself to become focused once again. "I'll take you there then. It's nice and open, full of wide rolling plains and many creeks and streams to play in." It's strange how quickly he is able to become one that cares about the small and fragile. The ones that need protecting. It was all so different then what the demons had made him. Well, in reality, what the demon had made him. A knight in shining armor would never be a way he'd explain himself, but if the child wanted to think that way about him that was perfectly fine. 

He smiles slightly before pulling away from her hesitantly. He doesn't want to take the warmth of his body from her tiny one but he knows in order to get home they must begin walking. "I'm sure there is more there, but we will have to discover what," looking towards the trees he rolls in shoulders in a slight shrug. "But I figure we can do that together. What do you say?" For once he is ready for a positive challenge. Even if this particular challenge involved helping a foal grow and form into a young adult. "I'm just going to warn you, I've never done this before. Looked after a little one," he pauses, "But I will do my best to do a good job and I too promise you will never have to be alone again."

I promise.

Promising things was something he didn't often do. Promises were easily broken. But he couldn't avoid promising the little filly everything she wanted and with those promises he would do his best to make sure they were kept. Reaching down he stretches his nose towards her shoulder and bumps his nostrils against her soft coat nudging her in the direction of the trees surrounding the den. "Come now, Arantha. Let's go home." Stepping forward he moves a few steps ahead of her before coming to a stop and looking back to make sure she was close behind.

TANNOR

demon morphing son of a bitch

Messages In This Thread
    I'm better off on my own (any) - by Arantha - 03-31-2017, 01:24 PM
    RE: I'm better off on my own (any) - by tannor - 04-01-2017, 05:10 PM
    RE: I'm better off on my own (any) - by Arantha - 04-02-2017, 01:18 PM
    RE: I'm better off on my own (any) - by tannor - 04-02-2017, 02:02 PM
    RE: I'm better off on my own (any) - by Arantha - 04-02-2017, 02:39 PM
    RE: I'm better off on my own (any) - by tannor - 04-02-2017, 05:51 PM