• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Rose in the Rain [Lucrezia]

Nymphetamine

The blood bay was who he was, he was snarky and brazen and he rarely apologize for it. He was sometimes far too emotional and often spoken too frankly for some. But he had learned the need for such frankness while dealing with other leaders. He also knew that his snarky nature was not appropriate when on official matters. Nymphetamine was adaptable and that was his biggest asset. This interaction was no different. His dark eyes watched her light ones. She was tense, and anything he said seemed to make her worse, she didn’t show understanding behind her tight lips, and piercing eyes. All he had intended was to explain, to help her understand that he wasn’t some evil Chamberling… obviously not, as the remnants of Chamber, valley, and Tundra had merged to create Tephra. This, was a failing negotiation and he had to turn it around.

The once necromancer heard her words, but only half listened. He was intent to find the right approach to win her over. After a moment or two the idea came to him, and he hoped she would see his true colors. He turned his attention back to her words full heartedly. He took in her floating tone, with its occasional sharp edges as when spoke of family. He watched the way her own laughter at the fate of Straia, her sister, relieved the tension he had failed to release. A smile and a sigh escaped his lips. Maybe they had some common ground after all. Nymphetamine was no real fan of the the raven queen. He had bitten off more than he could chew when he took on spying on her. He was lucky the turnover of Chamber’s throne happened the way it did-- otherwise who knows if he would be here talking to Lucrezia. THe past was what it was, and anyones feelings about Chamber, or the Jungle, or valley, or Deserts really had no meaning now. All those old memories and emotions just added up to nostalgia for an old home in which they could never return, or needless tension from some old grudge that no longer had any relevance. At this point he was ready to just lay it out there. He wasn’t sure why this meeting had turned into such a wreck, but it had, and the just had to lay things out on the line. She had spoken of the founders and of her childhood and family in Chamber. She then jested at his versatility, and surely his abilities as a warrior were rightfully joke-worthy. He showed up- but battles were not something he showed out for. By the end her smile seemed sincere and she spoke of learning to trust the bay when the awkward-tense beginnings. The time she spoke Nymph remained silent, until she was done. And he could say his piece without interruption.

”I feel I could really do some good for Tephra, given the chance. I’d live to talk to you more about what you would like to see done, and how we can work together to see Tephra ready for any challenges that these new lands may bring. But before then...let me apologize, I feel I have been too sensitive about things from the past. See, Kildare recently passed away, and I fear I was a little over reactive when I thought his legacy wasn’t what I felt it should be. But Chamber, Valley, Tundra-- those places didn’t make Tephra; the friendships from within them did. I shouldn’t have gotten so caught up.”

The bay lowered his head in final form of reconciliation, before he raised his head and gave her a knowing look of “shall we move on?” It wasn’t that he was insincere, or in a rush and uncomfortable, but the fact that she had been willing to give him a shot that said the jokingly-pleading look would be acceptable and welcomed move. He somewhat lanky frame remained still as he waited for her response, and after which he simply state what he would like to have happen. ”I would like to go visit one of the kingdoms you want to solidify an alliance and I would like you to come as well. That is if you agree? We can talk like old hens on the way there, I promise I’m much better company that I’ve shown you today.’ He let a crooked smile take over his lips, finally feeling relaxed for the first time since the beginning of the conversation

Like a thorn to the Holy Ones

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a Rose in the Rain [Lucrezia] - by Nymphetamine - 04-04-2017, 11:20 PM