• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

who's going to walk you through the dark side of the morning - any
    "Correct young one," Eiria replied, smiling at the colt. She thought of how to answer his question, "Well, a diplomat is a horse, like myself, as I am one, who works to help maintain peace in the kingdom where they live. They help settle disputes among the horses they live with, they go out to the Field to find horses who need homes, and they go on trips to other kingdoms to try and help establish alliances so the kingdoms get along. It is quite a task, but my mother has taught me well. If you do want to learn about that when you are older, I am sure that she, and your mother too, would teach you."

Ivar seemed to lose interest when a blue bird caught his attention, landing on a small cropping of rocks. He raced toward it while calling to Eiria to help him catch it, a thought that had the champagne mare chuckling before she decided to go after him. Setting off at a light canter, Eiria followed after the colt, slowing to a walking pace once she reached Ivar.

She stayed behind him a stride or two, watching him with a smile on her face as he attempted to sneak toward the bird. Ivar's attempt unfortunately failed when the bird heard his approach and flew off, the colt not really seeming bothered. He asked Eiria if she'd ever caught one, to which she replied,

"Sadly, no. Though, I remember when I was young, my older sister and I, we would often chase after the birds flying above the Falls meadows, the place where we used to live. She'd always dream of outrunning the birds, something she managed before she had to leave. I remember how proud she was of that day, and our mother, too. I've never outrun a bird but I do enjoy chasing them to see how fast I can run. Zhenga enjoys it too; she's not that much older than you, by a few years but still young. I think you'll like her; she's young and spirited, quite like you."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: who's going to walk you through the dark side of the morning - any - by Eiria - 04-07-2017, 04:39 PM