• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Run... Save Yourself from the Destruction [Open]

He’s pleased to find that he has comforted her somewhat for the time being. She prances happily alongside him, sometimes trailing behind to bob and weave in the tropical foliage that surrounds them. While he keeps a watchful eye on Kolera (which mostly consisted of him stopping his search when needed if she lingers too long to inspect a certain flower or insect), his brilliant blue eyes scour his home for signs of her brother or mother. With the young filly’s descriptions, Warrick wasn’t too sure he’d be able to find them easily.

One time in their journey where the young girl had stopped to watch a butterfly, and Warrick stops his march to watch the insect as well. His blazing blue eyes follow the fluttering of its wings as she mentions a raven and that her family was near at hand, bobbing his head in acknowledgement. “A raven?” he asks curiously though he expects no explanation, his gaze finding hers once the butterfly had disappeared from their view. He searches the skies momentarily, wondering if he was supposed to send a message with the raven, or if the raven was going to return to them – in a world like Beqanna, Warrick was never truly sure with what he was dealing with.

Before he could press Kolera more about her family and where she was from, a large and sudden gust of wind was thrown against him and he nearly felt his breath get pulled from his throat. Warrick blinks rapidly, trying to bring moisture back into his now dry eyes. Once his view comes back into focus, he sees a dark purple colt with outstretched wings before him, staring at him maliciously. The boy’s words are unkindly thrown at Warrick and the bay stallion’s ears flick backwards with distaste. Warrick’s black tail brush against his hocks with exasperation, a sharp snort leaving his navy nostrils. The boy is worried about his sister and he is rightly so, though he finds it foolish that he had let her out of his sight in the first place. Warrick does not express his thoughts – Kolera was young and so was the colt before him. They will learn.

“We were searching for you, or your mother.”

Out of politeness, the stallion does take a few steps away from Kolera and who he could only assume was her brother. “She has found herself a long way from home.” Warrick nods knowingly in Kolera’s direction, his eyes calm and understanding. He raises his brows in amusement and says to Kolera, “You’re right. He looks nothing like me.”

w a r r i c k

And all that you hold dear shall crumble and fall around you

Not long into their travels had they been before a whirlwind of lavender presented itself before them.  Her brothers scorn filled expression landing upon her as he questioned them.  Her eyes shifted downwards as her muzzled wrinkled.  Fun wrecker...

A small snort escaped her tiny nares in response. "I'm fine geez," she answered in disappointment at his finding her.  She glanced up to the auburn stallion as he spoke to her brother.  Then with a tad of amusement in his voice noting his opposite looks.  She giggled quietly.  Feeling his hazel stare still upon her becoming stronger at the comment.  

Kolera

Earth to Earth, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust

Lingering deep within the cool confines of the shadows she had watched.  From the moment her daughter had strayed from her side to the arrival of her lavender Kirin son.  She watched as the suns warmth had embraced her child to a dreaming state.  As the auburn and navy stallion advanced upon her in concern sounding an alarm.  Observing as they interacted never moving more than an eye shutter.  Ebony lips in a grin of amusement as events unfolded.  This child was much different than her winged son.  She was adventurous, confident, bold even when in the company of strangers.  Much like her mother and it pleased her so...

Inquisitive the child spotted the Raven perched upon a pine not far from where she hid.  The creature was ever present around her.  Ever since that close call in Pangea.  As the child neared she watched ever more curious at what happened next.  Upon the touch of her tiny hoof the mighty pine fell dead.  Devilish grin grew more with a spark in her dark orbs.  Too bad her father had not seen their daughters powers at hand.  Her father... Where was he anyhow?  Eh whatever.  As sorrow swept over the young one no instinct to coddle her arose.  No that was not her...

When they moved off she decided it was time to gather her children to head home.  So quickly and quietly she moved within the shadows along the borders.  Creeping around in front of them just out of view until she chose to be seen.  The wind direction was not in her favor here and shortly the stallion would be put on alert.  Their pace was slow as Kolera got distracted often so it was easy to place herself where she wanted to be.  As she slowed and neared the treelines edge a gust of wind came up from behind and she viewed the purple colt land in front of them.  Always the protector, the cautious child.  He scolded the filly and questioned the stallion much bolder than she had expected.  A grin of satisfaction came to her features as her shadowy figure emerged from the shadows...

As she approached the trio at a leisure pace the Raven returned to circle the skies above.  Dark orbs fixated on the two toned stallion beside her children.  Thoughts entertained her as she neared and the young ones quieted.  They did not rush to her for hugs and kisses but merely stepped aside.  Placing herself in front of him she halted.  Ebony ears thrusted forward in interest as dark orbs gazed upon him from under dark drapery.  A deep inhale brought his scent to her brain searching for memories of recognition.  Orbs shuttered for a moment and upon opening wicked lips parted, breathy words came forth, "Well hello, again."
    Karaugh
    illicit daughter of nymphetamine and killgore
    HTML by Call
    Take a bite
    If you dare

Warrick laughs genuinely with Kolera, almost surprising himself as he hears it. He doesn’t even remember the last time a laugh or a smile found him that was pure, free from the tangles of strife that plagues his mind constantly. Kolera had been a welcome distraction (her youthful energy was infectious, making it hard to be gloomy for the time being). The laugh that leaves his cobalt lips feels almost real and is so familiar, he wishes that he could capture the moment and hold onto it, but it is fleeting. His laughter dies and with it, the sparkle in his eyes.

Another makes their way to join them and Warrick pricks his ears forward curiously. Kolera was right for a second time – she really wasn’t lost; her family had been watching her the entire time. Confused, Warrick narrows his eyes, auburn lids hooding his bright blue pupils. He even tilts his head slightly as the dark bay mare joins them, her shadowy eyes steadfast on Warrick. Had this been a test? She says nothing at first, merely taking in his form and studying him. He’s unsure what to do beneath her gaze, unable to tell if the mother was angry or content. The emotion on her face did not reflect the situation at hand, leaving the bay stallion momentarily speechless.

Then, she speaks. Again? Warrick snorts sharply in surprise, drawing his chin into his chest as he curves his neck. Sparkling blue eyes scan the mare, desperately trying to put a name to the face. He has not met very many in his time in Beqanna so far, but he’s not sure if he recognizes the deep bay mare. “I’m sorry,” he says, his voice sincere. “Have we met before?”

It was not like Warrick to not introduce himself to another, but her statement has completely thrown him off guard, abandoning his normal polite pleasantries.

w a r r i c k

When the stallions mind began to churn she waited a moment.  Oh how she loved watching their minds function before her.  She can just imagine the twists she creates within them, like an artist with brush in hand.  What a pretty picture.  Words of polite confusion left him and she looked upon him with amusement.  Smirk pulling upon her lips as her gaze shifted from his and along his jawline.  Tracing the curves with her mind.  Following a visual path down his auburn neck.  Taunt muscles under slick hide. How yummy.  Distractions!  With a quick flicker of her ebony ear her attention drifted back to meet his deep cobalt eyes.  An exaggerated pout came over her as she stepped forward and to her right, "You don't remember me" pout quickly turning to a seductive whisper as she leaned into him, "I'm who you have been dreaming of." Her velvet muzzle wasn't far from brushing against his matching chocolate coat as she placed her words for his ears only.  The children were watching after all...

As much as she wanted to trace those visual lines with her velvet she withdrew her position.  Gathering herself on ebony legs she stepped farther to the side as to view him from a new angle.  Her tone more proper this time, if that was even possible, "So Warrick is it?" She had overheard the conversation the two shared, "Im Karaugh and my son, Klaudius.  We are visiting from Sylva.  My father had resided here.  Seems he is away so we will be headed back shortly.  I hope my daughter did not keep you from any important duties."  She flashed a quick glance to her youngest before returning her attention to him.  "My apologies if she has," her tone was as sincere as it could be for her trying to sound diplomatic.  A dip of her crown freed her dark tassels to toss about her delicate features.  Dark orbs lost in his blue abyss for just a moment more...
    Karaugh
    HTML by Call

Ooc: XD
    Take a bite
    If you dare

With the presence of the mother and brother now in Tephra, Warrick’s facade changes slightly. A young filly wandering into the area accidentally was appropriate and even the appearance of her fledgling brother was not surprising. The fact that the mother has now also emerged into the tropical landscape, especially with such a laidback and relaxed manner, the auburn’s stallion’s muscles tighten suspiciously beneath his skin; coiled and at the ready if the trio was merely a distraction for a much grander scheme. A whole family would not simply wander into Tephra without a purpose. It was Warrick’s responsibility now to find out what that purpose is and whether the intent was malicious or just mere curiosity.

When the mare leans forward, her breathless whisper warm against his cobalt-tipped ears, Warrick responds with a curious (and slightly shocked) snort. He cannot tell if this was simply her personality (lavish, sly, and cunning) or if there was something else lingering behind her darkened gaze, some other motive. His crisp blue eyes follow her questioningly as she moves her lips away from his skin, returning to her stance before him. Her smile was mischievous, and though Warrick was not a foolish stallion, he returns her smile with one of his own, his indigo lips turning upwards as it slowly spreads. The bay and navy stallion dips his head to her in respect, “It’s nice to meet you, Karaugh,” he pauses, his eyes flickering to the lavender colt next to her, “Klaudius.”

“Sylva, you say?” Warrick’s gaze now falls back to Karaugh, inquisitive as always. Though his skin was still drawn taut over his muscles, his relaxed manner from previous moments has found his way back to him. Stating her reasons for their presence put him at ease to an extent, but still being relatively new to Tephra, he did not know for sure where the two kingdoms stood with each other. It was better to play it safe, for now. “You sure have come a long way to make a visit, Karaugh. Who was your father?” He knows little about Tephra’s history, but he felt it polite to inquire.

The russet mare mentions Kolera, and his brilliant blue gaze shifts to the young filly for a moment, a smile finding his lips. “She’s been no trouble at all,” he assures Karaugh, bobbing his head in Kolera’s direction. When his forelock settles, it covers one of his eyes as he peers at Karaugh once more. “She has a unique ability, if you haven’t already found out about it yet.” He mentions this to the bay mare out of concern; Kolera seemed particularly upset upon discovery of her ability and perhaps Karaugh could better comfort the young filly in ways that Warrick couldn’t in that moment, seeing has he was traitless and has no experience with magic.

w a r r i c k

Quite pleased with his receptive response she wonders if he wished for her touch upon his hide as much as she had.  The magnetic pull she resisted heavy on her lips.  Just a taste... Just one... No.  Damn diplomacy!  The smirk upon his lips, and her sweet name leaving them suggested she should. Maybe after the children were away...

Returning to diplomatic form while her deep eyes couldn't help but slide across his form as he spoke.  "Yes Sylva. It is a long walk but we needed to... Get some fresh air," her tone hinting troubles as she tossed the ebony drapes cloaking her sleek neck.  Exposing scars across her life vein still slightly fresh.  "I was hoping to speak with Nymphentamine.  He is my father.  He has yet to meet his grandchildren.  I am sure he is busy with kingdom duties..." Her crown cocked inquisitively, "But I've heard leadership has shifted and Magnus no longer holds the position.  I do hope Sylva and Tephra will remain at peace." She thought of the kingdom meeting with Djinni, Magnus and Dahmer she had invited herself to.  Then leading Dahmer away for a kingdom 'tour'.  Devilish grin pulled at her lips as her gaze met his again.  "But that is neither my decision nor yours so..." 

He continued with assurance of her daughter not causing any troubles and she was quite surprised. Seeing as she killed an entire tree.  She smiled and nodd as he showed concern over her.  Glancing down briefly upon the child. "She does have a different gift that's for sure.  As far as I can tell it only kills vegetation." Slight chuckle arises "Guess you better visit Sylva soon if you wish to see it's full beauty." A wink tossed his direction as ebony tassels danced impatiently at her hocks.  Thoughts of him accompanying them home was quite tempting.  She could send the children off to play as the adults 'talked'.  She was sure the expression on her features gave her thoughts away.  She didn't mind though.  "You should visit.  The fall colors are... breathtaking,"  seductive vocals enticing his mind to consider the invite...

She stepped forward as she was still facing him.  Brushing against his shoulder with her midsection, creeping along his side.  Her tail dock reaching for his hide like a lovers finger.  Gently tracing along his frame as she slid down one side, rounded his hindquarters and up his other.  As she walked past him, ebony tassels flicked towards his charming face.  Leaving the scent of a ladies sweet perfume to linger as she moved forwards.  She stopped a few strides ahead of him and nape twisted to view him from over her shoulder, "We will see you around I hope?" Her question not needing an answer but left it there for his thoughts.  She waited a moment more for a reaction then called her children to follow...
    Karaugh
    HTML by Call
    Take a bite
    If you dare

It has been a curious thing, this interaction with Kolera and her family. Warrick was thoroughly enjoying himself, though. He always had taken a liking to meeting new faces and their presence was a welcome distraction. Thankfully, Karaugh’s next words spoke clarity to Warrick and he nods his head in understanding. “I’m not sure I have met him,” Warrick replies, referring to Nymphentamine. “I’m still relatively new to Tephra. It’s not surprising that some names are lost on the wind. I won’t be forgetting yours.” He smiles at the bay mare, blazing blue eyes sparkling with sincerity. His gaze flickers to Klaudius and then lingers on Kolera, softening. “I won’t forget yours, either.” Warrick stretches his neck forward to bump his indigo muzzle playfully against the filly’s. He snorts softly and tosses his head back spiritedly, black forelock falling across his eyes and face.

“It’s true,” the bay stallion says to Karaugh, “Lucrezia leads us now.” Magnus’ transfer of power to the winged mare was apparently a surprise. Warrick does miss seeing the buckskin stallion around, and would have liked to get to know him a bit better (he felt like they could have been friends), but perhaps one day soon he will return. “I’ve met your leader, Djinni, in the forest a few weeks back. It’s been my intention to visit Sylva.”

He smiles, navy lips curling on his muzzle. At this moment, Karaugh glides forward, her auburn skin warm and dangerously close to his own. Brows rise with curiosity, blue eyes carefully watching her movements as she circles him gracefully – much like a predator circling its prey. He allows it, somewhat enjoying the attention he was receiving from the mare. Perhaps her interest stemmed from Warrick’s concern for her children – or perhaps it was another matter entirely. Either way, Warrick did not protest. A lopsided smirk finds his lips as he allows his muzzle to gently brush against her hindquarters as she passes in front of him. “Now I have another reason to do so,” he says to her as she begins to exit, sparkling blue eyes watching as the trio begins their long journey back to Sylva. He decides he would have to visit, not only to see Djinni and Kolera again, but to get to know the mysterious mare Karaugh a little bit more.

w a r r i c k