• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

'til the love runs out; khaos

The star child’s light had faded – flickering violently like a candle in the wind.

Her emerald green eyes had dulled into unpolished rocks while her chocolate coat seemed a gnarled mess of tangles and general unkemptness. What used to be such life and happiness in the star child had long since been drowned out with a hollow pit of melancholy and unconsciousness. She had truly become uncaring, even unaware, of what lay outside herself.

First in the toppling blocks was her hurtful and betraying experience with Barret. Someone who she had trusted and who had easily taken advantage of the naïve little girl she still truly was. Of course, she could never hold any resentment for her only child, Zabini. The star child wasn’t really capable of even despising Barret for his actions.

She had carried on in the only way she knew how – facing the world with a continuous vibrancy that so characterized Noellen.

But then Drow had abandoned her.

The charming silver-black boy who had so effortlessly ensnared her heart; a heart which had hurt so much from watching his self-inflicted wounds and grievous anger. The star child had realized then that she loved him truly. But it was never to be. He loved others more than he could ever love her. And Noellen continued to shelter these feelings of unrequited love and abandonment.

And dear Lyric. An even deeper cut in her already damaged soul.

The star child was thin and ragged and honestly didn’t even register the swiftly falling temperatures of the season. Her head remained low and her body hunkered slightly as she traversed the familiar paths of the meadow where she had been raised. Her destination was the large willow tree where Chaie had often taken her to rest for the night.

It was home.

It was the only thing that remained unmoving and stable in her life now.

n o e l l e n
    and we'll start a fire, and we'll shut it down,
    spacespace'til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out

picture © soyismyhomeboy
    Bloody hell. His track record has been terrible so far.

Despite having approached a total of four mares, he hasn’t managed to convince anyone to join him in his herdland. It’s pitiful. Why has no one fallen to his charms? He knows that all four of them couldn’t have seen through him - he’s good at pretending to be what he’s not. What is it that he’s lacking?

It’s frustrating him - he’s never been unsuccessful with anything before. And it’s making him angry.

He stalks into the meadow with a scowl on his face, glaring down the few stallions that dare to glance in his direction. He’s in the mood to pick a fight, though no one seems tempted to take him up on the offer.

He’s considering starting something himself, when a pretty looking silver dapple mare catches his eye. She’s alone, but the look on her face tells him that she’s upset about something. Perfect. He always loves them when they’re vulnerable.

He plasters his best concerned look on his face, then makes his approach, stopping what he believes is a respectful distance away. He clears his throat quietly - she seems deep in thought, and he doesn’t want to startle her too much. “Hello there miss, are you quite alright?” He fakes a tentative smile - it seems the appropriate expression. “I don’t mean to intrude. It’s just that, well, you seem to look quite upset about something.” He takes a step forward, but no further. He doesn’t want to scare her off - some can find his appearance (17 hands of shining iron) a little alarming. And he doesn't want her to realize what he really is until it's far too late.
    K H A O S
    iron son of carnage and oswyn
    hell is empty and all the devils are here
    Reference here

The star child honestly wouldn’t have acknowledged the oddly metallic stallion if she hadn’t managed to forge ahead right into his rather solid body. Her eyes were unseeing towards her immediate surroundings, but rather gazed blearily at the patchiness of the ground beneath her. But she never truly registers her path; it is simply a remaining memory sense within her feet that seem to guide her towards her destination.

A flash of silver upon her collision gives her an ever faint glimpse of hope.

Silver which streaked through a coat similar to her own; silver that glimmered with affection and happiness in a twinkling eye.

She gasps and raises her eyes tentatively, but deep inside she had already known it was all for naught. So much time has passed now, why would he suddenly reappear now of all times? Only his ghost remained to taunt her with its lingering caresses. It seemed her eyes continued their ascent until emerald green finally met grey.

It seems an iron giant lingered in her path.

She stares uncomprehendingly for moments in a melting pot of emotions: disappointment, betrayal, and self-loathing. Of course, it hadn’t been Drow. Why had she even wasted the energy for hoping? She blinks slowly and suddenly some of the stranger’s words flood her ears.

Upset?

Her voice is creaky from disuse and it seems all she can manage is a strangled whisper.

n o e l l e n

picture © soyismyhomeboy
    She looks up at his approach, eyes full of a hope that dies the moment she sees him. Clearly she had been hoping for someone else, someone she knows. But he will simply have to suffice in the meantime.

She stares at him blankly as he asks after her wellbeing, and internally he begins to grin. The single word that slips from her mouth, in a voice that has clearly been used little only serves to support his suspicion. This little beauty is not entirely there. Hopefully it will make her an easy target.

He feigns concern, softening his voice and leaning forward so that he can better meet her in the eyes. “Yes. You look like, well … you look like you’ve been through a lot. Like you need a friend.” He reaches out to her with his muzzle, in what he hopes is a comforting manner. His iron eyes stay peeled for any sign of weakening to his charms. “I know this might sound a little presumptuous of me, especially since we’ve just met but, do you need a place to stay? To rest?”

He feigns embarrassment, dropping his eyes and looking at the ground. The perfect picture of a kind, caring, but socially awkward stallion. “I only ask because, well, I’ve been staying in a beautiful little herd land called Silver Cove. It’s quite pretty, and very quiet and out of the way. It would be a good place to get away from things, if you wanted. We could share it while you recover.”

He lets his eyes rise back to hers and inserts a hopeful tone in his voice. “I just want to make sure you’re ok.” He brings his little charade to a close with, “oh goodness, I’m sorry. I didn’t even introduce myself. I’m Khaos by the way. What’s your name?”
    K H A O S
    Reference here

The star child seems to finally be leaving her state of fuzziness, albeit very slowly, and becoming just a bit more lucid. Of course, who’s to say when she would fall back into her state of absolute disrepair once again? But this stallion’s coaxing words and seemingly kind concern is sluggishly bringing Noellen back up to the surface and out of the depths of her self-deprecating and depressing thoughts.

The iron giant has decided to handle her softly with kid gloves and the star child can appreciate his thoughtfulness. She was much too torn apart to really contribute much or to truly consider her surroundings. His soothing words are starting to register more quickly and she scoffs aloud. “I thought I had a friend. But look where that got me.” Now she remained alone and foggy, no longer the bubbly girl she had been.

She immediately scolds herself as this stranger had merely been extending a precious gift of friendship and it was no fault of his that she now bore a kind of jaded mark upon her heart. He reached out to her and the star child relished the scarce moment of contact upon her neck. Noellen had always been a tactile person with those she cherished – Chaie, Lyric, Zabini, and Drow. But they were no longer here in her life and she remained isolated from the others.

Her rigid structure seemed to collapse in on itself and the star child drew herself closer to the grey stallion, burying her face against his shoulder. She was desperate for affection and for familial touch. “A home?” Was that a dash of hope in her voice? “I’m just so tired of everything.

She refused to budge from him, even if his metallic body was cold and uncomfortable at first. She blinks in slow surprise at his name; a contradictory name for such a kind and gentle man. But she doesn’t question it, never once looking further into that little bit of foreshadowing. She merely offers her own name in turn, finally able to take pleasure in the presence of another person for the first time in a long while.

n o  e l l e n

picture © soyismyhomeboy
    Oh such a lovely broken thing. She’s barely present, fragile - a delicate beauty lying unprotected. She is reviving though somewhat - a good sign in his mind. It means that she has some small amount of hidden strength. It means that it will be all the more fun to make her trust him … and then crush her. He will draw her in with his kind and caring facade, and then when he has her back in the Cove he will pounce.

Of course, he needs to build that trust first. “I’m sorry to hear that.” He is too. Depending on how she lost the friend, it might make it more difficult for her to trust. But Ghoest had been mistrusting too and look where she is now. “I can be a friend though. Only if you want me too of course.” A perfect combination of caring and timidity.

She doesn't pull away when he touches her and, taking it as a positive sign, he extends the touch a moment longer. Not too long mind, he doesn’t want to give the impression of being a lecher.

But then she breaks. She collapses and buries herself in his iron shoulder. He has her. As she leans into him, he draws his neck and head across her back in a comforting, but tentative gesture. And he doesn’t miss the tiny note of hope in her voice after he mentions a home. “Yes, a home. You can stay as long as you like.” Once he gets her there he won’t let her leave of course, but he’s not going to tell her that now. “There are a few other mares that live with me there. Killgore, Ghoest and Branka. They’d like you. I know they would. And I think you might like them.” He puts a tentative smile on his face, though he knows she can’t see it. It’s good to stay in character after all.
    K H A O S
    Reference here
    He promises to be a friend to her and she smiles tentatively up at the iron giant.

It’s reassuring to be wanted by someone, even if it’s by a complete stranger. Although she wished those she loved had remained in her life, perhaps this meeting would be her stepping stone to personal growth. Maybe she can finally snap out of her grief-ridden world and return to some of her previously overly happy nature.

I’d like that. A friend, I mean.

He effectively brings her delicate stature beneath his iron fist. She is enfolded within his cold embrace, but she is relatively content to be there. But it remains so very different from what it felt like to be embraced by her beloved Drow. He would hold her tightly, almost as if he feared any harm would come to her. He had been warm and familiar; he had been home.

But that home had been burned beyond recognition throughout the night.

But Khaos speaks of a new home and a new hope is kindled within her heart.

He seems sincere and generous with his offer and Noellen’s fallen, downtrodden spirit begins its ascent once more. “I can join your family and friends? That’d be most wondrous!” Although it was still a mere shadow of what it had once been,  a small and brilliant smile finally graces her face.

n o  e l l e n
    right now I feel just like a leaf on a breeze
    who knows where it's blowin', who knows where it's goin'

picture © soyismyhomeboy
    God this is almost too easy.

She perks up quickly at the thought of a friend, and he lets his tentative smile become hopeful. It could be that she will find friends in Silver Cove, though not the friends she thinks. Killgore would be more likely to toy with her, Branka to simply ignore her, Ghoest though … maybe they could bond over their shared misery. After all, with any luck they could both be producing his children in the upcoming season. The little brats can play together.

“Of course you can!” He lets his smile widen into a grin. “I think you’ll like Silver Cove. The ocean is beautiful, and it keeps the weather mild. And there’s plenty of good grass in the hills, and fresh water in the stream.” He lets himself gush, like a giddy, nervous, self-conscious stallion. He can’t let the act drop now. Not yet. “I don’t want to seem pushy, but if you are willing to come, perhaps we should leave now?” Another nervous, tentative note enters his voice. Such an actor. “I really don’t want to rush you, but Silver Cove is pretty far away. It would be nice to get there before it gets too dark.” He takes a few steps in the direction of the Cove, and glances back hopefully to see if she’s following. He just can’t wait to get her home.
    K H A O S
    Reference here

Hokay, since a good amount of time has passed, do you want me to just post him in Silver Cove trying to find her after she's given birth?

(Also, if so, do you want it to be a force breed? Obviously Khaos is fine with either, but it'll affect the post Tongue )