• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

'til the love runs out; khaos
    He promises to be a friend to her and she smiles tentatively up at the iron giant.

It’s reassuring to be wanted by someone, even if it’s by a complete stranger. Although she wished those she loved had remained in her life, perhaps this meeting would be her stepping stone to personal growth. Maybe she can finally snap out of her grief-ridden world and return to some of her previously overly happy nature.

I’d like that. A friend, I mean.

He effectively brings her delicate stature beneath his iron fist. She is enfolded within his cold embrace, but she is relatively content to be there. But it remains so very different from what it felt like to be embraced by her beloved Drow. He would hold her tightly, almost as if he feared any harm would come to her. He had been warm and familiar; he had been home.

But that home had been burned beyond recognition throughout the night.

But Khaos speaks of a new home and a new hope is kindled within her heart.

He seems sincere and generous with his offer and Noellen’s fallen, downtrodden spirit begins its ascent once more. “I can join your family and friends? That’d be most wondrous!” Although it was still a mere shadow of what it had once been,  a small and brilliant smile finally graces her face.

n o  e l l e n
    right now I feel just like a leaf on a breeze
    who knows where it's blowin', who knows where it's goin'

picture © soyismyhomeboy

Messages In This Thread
    'til the love runs out; khaos - by noellen - 05-27-2015, 02:46 AM
    RE: 'til the love runs out; khaos - by Khaos - 05-28-2015, 06:22 PM
    'til the love runs out - by noellen - 06-04-2015, 12:29 AM
    RE: 'til the love runs out; khaos - by Khaos - 06-08-2015, 03:05 AM
    RE: 'til the love runs out; khaos - by noellen - 06-19-2015, 02:40 AM
    RE: 'til the love runs out; khaos - by Khaos - 06-24-2015, 01:10 AM
    RE: 'til the love runs out; khaos - by noellen - 06-28-2015, 01:22 AM