• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

b l a c k e r than the s u n
    nykeln
    there's no hope for us, we speak in tongues,
    - x -
    Beneath the ivory blanket lurked the remains of what I guessed was rich emerald blades, tasty, succulent. I can smell what once was and as I pull my head to the side to view the groups coupling up, departing ways along beaten tracks, I realise that this is just where I guessed. Not too bad for an in brain navigation.

But alas, all the journeying, the snow making it that much harder, pushing myself further and further, it was exhausting. Dried sweat marred my ebony flanks, a thin layer of perspiration knotted my mane. Bits of twigs and decaying leaves looked like the latest accessory stop my head, braided by the wind into my locks. That sure is something. Mother preaching on about beauty, how it defines most, how it means so much. And here I was looking like I'd been dragged through a hedge...  Well that was true.

I can guarantee she turns in her grave. I shake my head, lowering my muzzle and scratching at my sudden feathers, as I lift my head I notice I have company. A grey spot moves amid the white backdrop, at first I miss him, but my nostrils catch his musky scent.

A vigorous shake and I'm pretty sure the remains of dead tree, leaves and wet mud, are still there. I imagine he'll walk past, eyes boogling others, but no, he's here. A charming smile piquing his lips, a gentle look in his eye, but is that a sparkle? I tilt my head to one side, coffee bean eyes analysing him.

'Jason?' my lips taste his name, my tongue rolls over it, my mind creaking. I take a daring few steps forward, my mussed forelock falling over half my face; I'd imagine from another view I looked like I'd just crawled through the gates of hell, well, they'd be partially right. I had lived prior in a prison. Or at least, that what it felt like.

'My mother warned me of pretty boys like you,' I pause, taking a turn and stepping through the snow and getting a better look of him. I laughed, walked the way around him and halted back where I began. 'But she's dead, and here you are.'

A puzzle slots together in mind mind, shifting pieces falling, meshing together. I flick my tail, the thick appendage snaps at my flanks, I tilt my head again to the right, an analysing look over Jason once more. It's a game of look and stare, I'm sure he's thinking he would do the looking, the staring. But I'm over that now, I can be more than what my mother wanted.

'Nykeln. I'm Nykeln.' I blow a slow, deliberate snort and give my head a good shake once more, what I think is the last remains is deadened leaves fall to my hooves and I crush them satisfyingly into the snow beneath. 'How am I? I'm glorious. I'm free.' I bounce on my front legs, kicking my hinds with a little jolt. 'What about you? How does this cold day find Jason?'

- x -
    blacker than the sun, no death can touch the crooked young
    the [lone] dark star of [nowhere]
    html © dante.

Messages In This Thread
    b l a c k e r than the s u n - by Nykeln - 05-27-2015, 02:22 PM
    RE: b l a c k e r than the s u n - by Jason - 05-27-2015, 06:48 PM
    RE: b l a c k e r than the s u n - by Nykeln - 05-28-2015, 02:10 AM
    RE: b l a c k e r than the s u n - by Nier - 05-29-2015, 01:54 PM
    RE: b l a c k e r than the s u n - by Jason - 06-05-2015, 03:03 PM