• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

minerva, any who want to meet big sis
    Well, hell. Apparently I went and put myself in accidental charge-ish of something. Probably that’s pretty up there on my list of fuck-ups, but hey, I guess we’ll...see how it goes? Hell. I don’t know. Don’t know what the fuck I’m doing, either, but I do know my family (pause. Holy shit, I have a family. Okay. Okay. Breathe. Carry on.) is in need of protecting, and I've somehow put myself in the role. And we've got ourselves actually kind of an awesome place. Lush, green, surrounded by ocean. Sweet deal.

Even stood against the fucking Lavender Menace showed up and ruined things, which does seem to be a talent of his. Taking the good and the innocent and corrupting them. Twisting them. Or just fucking them and making pawns of the resultant offspring, whatever’s the most convenient and the most fun. So yeah. Got the family together and got them the fuck out, but Kirin and company cleared out almost as soon as they showed. So I dragged everyone back home, and now me an’ Reilly are somehow...well we’re working together to make our family safe. So. Whatever it takes, right? Good. Fuck it.

Anyhow.

That family isn’t quite complete. Because my Min’s floating around somewhere else, and it’d be...well hell, it’d be nice for her to get to know her siblings. So of course, I go hunt my girl down in the forest. “Min! Mini, babe, I’ve got news. Buckets of news, barrels of news. One, you’re a big sister. Well I mean again. You know, on my side. Not your mom’s. Though hey I’m sure you are on her side too. Well, you’d have to be, wouldn’t you? My mom’s one of--anyhow. My point. Point is, babe, you’ve got adorable little twin siblings, a brother and a sister, and you should come meet them. That’s barrel one, and it’s full of adorable monkeys. Or. Frolicking kids anyhow, and ones who can walk on water just like us. Awesome, right?

“And! Okay, so on top of awesome baby sibbos. That’s a word, right? Sure. On top of that, or I guess technically underneath them at the moment, I found us a sweet-ass place to call home. Mountainish, great ocean views, this huge, fucking gorgeous island to run around on, and waves to run across, we could go surfing, all four of us! They've got our mad walk on water skills too, isn't that cute? You want to come check it out?”

Naturally, dragging my Mini-girl home with me was the only real answer to that question.
    Bite my shiny metal ass.
    One moment the dark green and white mare is enjoying a quiet mouthful of grass (there is irony in this since the bits of vegetation almost yearn maniacally for her touch) and she obliges with the clip of teeth and thoughtful chewing. Some time has passed since she last saw her father Kerberos. Their interaction has been few and far in between since then, She had grown strong, leggy and sculpted. She had learned to harness her abilities as well.

A simple nod or whim lead to split oaks, coils of poison ivy, blood thirsty thorns.

But the sound of Kerberos voice soon interrupts her solitude, a sharp green eye glitters from beneath the dark forelock as he nears her. He is smiling, gleeful and obnoxious. (Mini would never admit to having her father's mannerism) She swallows her food as he begins to pour out of every seam. Mini had younger siblings, a potential home, an smiling father figure. A moment passes over them as she looks for a hint of trickery but for once she does not sense it. What woman or children had been enough to turn her lavender daddy into an oopy goopy mess? Min certainly wanted to check this out.

She attempts to move a smile over her lips, curving the edges of her lips prettily as she moves around so she may look dear ole pa directly in his glittering eyes. Her shoulders roll in a small shrug as she purses her lips, "Absolutely Kerberos." His tongue rolls from her lips in a purr that she learned from him. "Lead the way." The young woman figures if Kirby took the time to find her then she may as well go see this little fam bam shenanigans.
    minerva
    Look, I wasn’t exactly a great dad when Min showed up, alright? Didn’t exactly have a clue what I was doing, or what family could look like when it was done right. So maybe I wanted to make it up to her, to show her what nobody bothered to show me when I was her age. That she mattered, that there was a place she could fit if she wanted to, that family could be something great instead of a mom who dumped you and a dad who I mean tried to do alright by you but was kind of a clueless git when it came to raising a girl. Or being a dad in general.

She has a right not to look at me like Kharon did, like I’m the sun and the moon and all the stars in the sky. Can’t blame her for the casual shrug or the suspicion in her eyes or the offness of her smile, something not quite genuine in the curve of her lips or the look in her eyes. I haven’t exactly shown her a whole lot of reasons to smile so big it lights up her whole face. So I roll with it. Maybe she’ll learn by example, right? A guy can hope he didn’t fuck things up too bad.

Anyhow, I grin and I bump her shoulder with mine, and I set off toward home, to introduce her to my shiny little island and its delightful inhabitants. “C’mon then, kiddo. I bet you’ll like Ischia.” And I hope she’ll like the people who live there, too.
    Bite my shiny metal ass.