• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

do you feel like a young god? brennen & any
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    It is never as quiet here as it was in the Tundra - even the sounds of the waves crashing on the shore is louder than the deadened silence of his snow and ice covered homeland. But he's traded the quiet for beautiful thermals that lift him effortlessly above the Kingdom, and it is there that he soars, glancing down occasionally to see if anything is out of place.

The single form has drawn his attention and he drops lower and lower in wide, lazy circles until he can see the horse better - and is pleasantly surprised to recognize the boy from his strange little encounter in the Field a few weeks ago. He lands a ways away and is already making his way through the sand when his name is called, and he responds with a friendly bucket as he crosses the distance. The heat and sand has clearly taken its toll on the boy, but Brennen pretends not to notice. The pride of the young can be prickly indeed, and he is simply glad that Amet has sought him out.

"Amet," he says when he is close enough, a little smile dancing on his face. "I wasn't sure I would see you again. What brings you to Nerine?"
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

I'm pretending that Amet told Brennen his name in the Field even though I don't think he did. Lol. Also sorry if this is bad, I'm at work and on my phone but I want to move this along so we maybe get established before the deadline for lands disappearing. Smile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: do you feel like a young god? brennen & any - by Brennen - 04-14-2017, 10:40 AM