• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

do you feel like a young god? claim
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Amet leads his sister, his metallic coat shining brilliantly in the summer sunlight.
     It reflects off the lake before them,
     glimmering so brightly that it nearly blinds the Akhal-Teke colt. He squints his amber eyes and turns away from the sight, blinking rapidly to bring the metallic chestnut filly back into view beside him. "Well, Iset? Is this good enough for you, your majesty?" He snorts mockingly at his younger sister, bay head tossed upwards to rid his vision of his tousled forelock. He looks nothing like the Dunes, and for that, his lithe chest warms happily.

"Perhaps we can ask Brennen to assist us for a little while. I think you'd like him." He falls silent then, his amber eyes roving the contours of the lake and its cozy valley.

You've done well,
     Amet,
    he thinks to himself.

Amet

Amet would like to claim the Lake with his sister @[Iset] ... hoping to plot with @[Brennen] to perhaps form another subkingdom... *waggles eyebrows*
    iset

theres an old man sitting on a throne thats saying...

Iset trailed after her brother, slowly and cautiously letting her guard down the further they wandered through Beqanna. She would stop for minutes at a time, soaking up the sun and letting it recharge her tired body before breaking out in a full gallop to catch up with Amet. She charged past him, spraying dirt and small rocks like a cloud in her wake. A high pitched peal of laughter flew from her lips as the majority of the pebbles in question peppered her brother’s face and chest like smooth, rounded shrapnel. 

She would stop then, pausing to simultaneously catch her breath and berate her malnourished body for lacking her trademark speed and stamina, as though it was somehow her fault.

Finally, after what seemed like ages of Iset’s obnoxious game, the siblings reached a large, rough clearing strewn with groves of trees and the most beautiful, pristine lake Iset had ever seen. Granted, she hadn’t seen many lakes at all in her short life in the Dunes, but this one in particular seemed new and special; it made her feel small and insignificant, and for some strange reason she couldn’t quite figure out, she liked that feeling. She liked it a lot. 

The filly stuck her nose in the air at her brothers question, scoffing and doing her best impression of their haughty queen mother, “I suppose,” she began on a drawn out sigh, “This will do.” She locked eyes with Amet’s matching pair, “For now,” she tacked on. 

Golden eyes hardened as quickly as they had begun to soften in their joking, at his mention of Brennen, the ball of her anger rose once more to the surface, not quite ready to be forgotten. “I’m not sure you are the best person to speak for me,” she taunted,”'Mr. I’m-Just-Going-to-Leave-My-Siblings-to-Die,’” she softened slightly, her jab releasing some of the pent up anger she felt, “But I could give him a chance, I suppose,” she corrected herself, “This. I could give this a chance."

...I should probably keep my pretty mouth shut

He doesn't much mind the pebbles and sand that Iset launches at him with each run-through and bouncy antic, because at least she is smiling and laughing. He watches her with bright amber eyes, the amusement plain within them each time his laughter echoes hers. He can see the way her small chest heaves occasionally, the way her lips purse into a disappointed line until her heart has slowed to a tolerable rhythm.

She bolts again, and Amet laughs quietly, picking up his gait so that he is not left too far in her wake. When he taunts her and Iset raises her head nobly to survey the surrounding area, his grin widens and he rolls his eyes. "I'm pleased if you are pleased, almighty Queen Iset." His gaze moves from his sister to the clear waters, and then finally to the colorful trees beyond it. The Lake is vibrant and welcoming, and while it is large, the young colt already feels safe at the heart of it. He sighs quietly before looking back to his companion, his grin disappearing quickly at the iciness that has returned to her voice.

He doesn't respond in kind, nor does he walk away, opting to let Iset calm herself after a few moments. Amet wonders to himself if she has employed Sakir's tactics once again, and decides that she must have when her voice softens and she offers something that sounds like an olive branch. The metallic colt gives Iset a sheepish smile and flicks an ear in her direction, "Can we just be kids for a day?" A contemplative sigh escapes his ajar lips before he looks mischievously at Iset from the corner of his eye, "Let's swim."

Amet
    iset

Amet’s tolerance towards her was a phenomena to behold. He was normally so quick to scold her; to call her immature and tell her that her behavior was deplorable. But here, away from the dangers of the Dunes, he was relaxed. 

He joked with her, indulged in her games, even played them with her. Iset was beginning to like this new change that was overtaking her older brother.

She giggles softly at his light jest, and it catches her off guard just how shocked she was to hear that sound come out of her mouth. She blinks in surprise, slightly uncomfortable with how serene she feels, and how the wall that guarded her mind and her heart from Him was slowly falling down in the safe company of her brother. 

Amet’s focus falls from his sister and to the lake before them. She follows his amber gaze as it travels over the ridges and hills of the lake; It was truly a sight to behold-and such a welcome and stark contrast from their previous dry, sandy home. He catches her off guard for a moment with his suggestion; normally it was her suggesting the fun and crazy schemes her and her siblings (but mainly her) would get into.

Her high pitched laugh, previously scratchy and unused, rang out a bit clearer now. “Can you even swim?” She questioned jokingly, “You’d get so embarrassed, looking like a drowned rat and all while you’re baby sister drags you out of the water.” She broke eye contact and glanced between the clear water and her brother once more. “And,” she said, throwing a taunting glance his way, “Theres no way you could catch me!” She cried, and took off running as fast as her lanky legs could carry her. She splashed into the water, disturbing the cool calm the moment she touched it.

She seemed to destroy calm situations quite often; she couldn’t quite figure out why.

Truthfully, Amet has already grown to love Beqanna more than he ever had loved the Dunes and its residents. He hadn't ever loved it, really. Their dam, who had been caring and warm during Amet's youth, had swiftly transformed into something too unfeeling to even pass as a mother. The Akhal-Teke colt had cried himself to sleep quietly more often than he would ever care to admit, all of the distress he had felt during the day escaping without anyone's notice. He had feared the most for his siblings, for newborn Iset and Sakir, but perhaps they had been lucky to never see the kind side of their mother. Shalla. They didn't even call her mom.

There's a sour taste in his mouth suddenly, despite his overwhelming desire to relax next to his sister for the first time in... well, ever. Beqanna will fix us, his mind whispers, as he grins blatantly at Iset's unfamiliar laughter.

She jabs at him with her verbal sword and the metallic bay feigns hurt, his narrow head thrown upward in affront. "Excuse you!" He lays his ears back and snorts, though there's a certain degree of difficulty in hiding ones smile when it decides it finally wants to show itself after so long. "Would you even be able to carry me, little fawn?"

He laughs loudly and takes off after Iset as she pivots and sprints, her lanky frame moving with surprising swiftness. He hits the water just after she does, his small hooves planting unsteadily in the silt as he bounds deeper still. The cool liquid laps at his neck and over the swell of his back and he paddles with ease as he turns back towards Iset, his amber eyes bright with happiness.

Lowering his muzzle to the lake, Amet flicks his head upwards and splashes droplets at the chestnut yearling. "I'm glad you're here," he offers vulnerably, before putting his nose back into the crystal clear water to blow bubbles with his exhales.

Amet
    iset

Although she was always quick to tease Amet, Iset herself didn’t know how to swim. When you live and in a desert and have absentee and abusive parents, swimming lessons aren’t exactly anyones top priority. Her brother’s booming laughter followed the gangly, uneven steps her thin legs took, and Iset couldn’t hide her surprise. Although she had taken and provoked the majority the physical abuse during their time in the Dunes (at least since she had been born), Amet took most of the mental and verbal. For these reasons, Iset had just heard her brother laugh for the first time. 

She stumbled once at this realization, nearly taking a nosedive into the crystal clear water. She regained her footing quickly, although the sand sinking beneath her narrow feet made this difficult. Iset runs as fast as the weight of the water allows her, until suddenly… she wasn’t running anymore. She was floating. She was swimming. 

Her bright, high pitched laughter rang out as clear as the water suspending them as she trashed her long legs beneath her, keeping her afloat. Amet’s long nose dips into the water and snaps upward just as quickly, sending drops of cool water cascading over her head and neck. 

Iset snorts in mock anger, “Hey!” she cries, “Don’t dish out what you can’t take back!” Her narrow head see-saws up and down, spraying water in a veil around the two of them. As quickly as the joking mood surfaced, a heavier one soon arose and Iset's golden eyes drop in awkward affection at his unusual sentiment. However sweet Amet was being, her prickly personality couldn’t help but shine through, “Yes, well as much as you tried to accomplish something to the contrary,” she provides a crooked but sincere smile, “I’m glad I’m here too."

It has yet to occur to Amet that he has never truly heard his sister's laughter. Sure, he had heard her sarcastic version of it - the kind that she would spit in His face whenever she was revving up to blow a fiery gasket, but the metallic colt had never heard genuine laughter from the young girl.

At least, until now, as they splash and swim in the lake. Their Lake.

The sound is beautiful, though, and he pauses his antics so that he can better appreciate the innocent, carefree laugh as it reverberates around them, paired only with the sounds of the crystal clear water that they've disturbed. His amber eyes watch the filly as she discovers that she's a natural at swimming and it's not long before he, too, is laughing again.

Iset dishes more sarcasm and Amet can only roll his amber eyes exaggeratedly before sending more water in her direction via his muzzle. "I think I might start to like your sass."

Amet

ooc / i'm sorry for how short & poopy this is! please forgive me. did you want to start a new thread for them, for sometime after their discussion with brennen, iset meeting up with sakir, etc?