• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

do you feel like a young god? claim
    iset

theres an old man sitting on a throne thats saying...

Iset trailed after her brother, slowly and cautiously letting her guard down the further they wandered through Beqanna. She would stop for minutes at a time, soaking up the sun and letting it recharge her tired body before breaking out in a full gallop to catch up with Amet. She charged past him, spraying dirt and small rocks like a cloud in her wake. A high pitched peal of laughter flew from her lips as the majority of the pebbles in question peppered her brother’s face and chest like smooth, rounded shrapnel. 

She would stop then, pausing to simultaneously catch her breath and berate her malnourished body for lacking her trademark speed and stamina, as though it was somehow her fault.

Finally, after what seemed like ages of Iset’s obnoxious game, the siblings reached a large, rough clearing strewn with groves of trees and the most beautiful, pristine lake Iset had ever seen. Granted, she hadn’t seen many lakes at all in her short life in the Dunes, but this one in particular seemed new and special; it made her feel small and insignificant, and for some strange reason she couldn’t quite figure out, she liked that feeling. She liked it a lot. 

The filly stuck her nose in the air at her brothers question, scoffing and doing her best impression of their haughty queen mother, “I suppose,” she began on a drawn out sigh, “This will do.” She locked eyes with Amet’s matching pair, “For now,” she tacked on. 

Golden eyes hardened as quickly as they had begun to soften in their joking, at his mention of Brennen, the ball of her anger rose once more to the surface, not quite ready to be forgotten. “I’m not sure you are the best person to speak for me,” she taunted,”'Mr. I’m-Just-Going-to-Leave-My-Siblings-to-Die,’” she softened slightly, her jab releasing some of the pent up anger she felt, “But I could give him a chance, I suppose,” she corrected herself, “This. I could give this a chance."

...I should probably keep my pretty mouth shut

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? claim - by Amet - 04-13-2017, 07:19 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? claim - by Iset - 04-15-2017, 08:09 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? claim - by Amet - 04-17-2017, 06:28 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? claim - by Iset - 04-17-2017, 08:50 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? claim - by Amet - 04-19-2017, 07:32 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? claim - by Iset - 04-20-2017, 11:39 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? claim - by Amet - 04-24-2017, 06:57 PM