• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

baddie, whole family (kali birth thread!)
    Ah, shit. Poor Kharon looks pretty crushed when his mom pushes him away. Reilly comforts him a bit, but I saunter on over to nudge him and give him a winning smile. “Don’t worry, kid. Your mom’ll be back to her sunny, cheery self in no time.” Mind you, I whisper it to him, on account of I really don’t want to invoke Lacey’s wrath just now. She’s got a glorious temper on the best of days, and shoving a kid out is probably not the best of days.

Thank fuck I don’t have to imagine trying that myself.

I nudge Kharon’s shoulder and settle in next to him, keeping him company and staying out of the way while Lacey brings our little one into the world. God, she’s magnificent, isn’t she? So strong, so fucking fearless, such a badass. I’d do more than just sit back and witness the fucking miracle she’s working if I didn’t think she’d bite my face off for it. Or no, I’d do it anyhow if it were just that. I don’t want to hurt her more than I’ve already done though. So I let Reilly do that part, let him help and support her and be all...partnery. Or whatever. That’s how it should be, right? She deserves somebody who can actually do that shit for her, and a blind man could see Reilly loves her like crazy. So. Staying out of the way. I can do that.

And then. Ohhh and then. In a mess of fluid and gore and all wrapped up in weird tissue, our baby comes into the world. She has eyes only for Kharon, so I grin and nudge him her way to go say hello while I go to Lacey’s side. “You’re amazing. She’s perfect,” I whisper, brushing the damp hair off her face and beaming at her. When she’s ready, I’m there to help her stand (not that I’m dumb enough to offer it and get my nose bitten, but standing conveniently nearby works well enough, yeah?) and then I wait my turn to go say hello to our little wonder. Don’t want to overwhelm her before she’s even gotten a meal in her belly, poor love.

Kylin arrives while Kharon and the baby are getting to know each other, and moves toward Kharon the moment the baby makes for Lacey, curling up against her twin’s side and kissing his cheek. Hmm. She smiles at her mom and then at me, and I smile back, happy to see her as always, glad she made it to welcome her baby sister into the world. But I don’t miss the way she sticks to Kharon’s side even as she greets Baddie, only stepping away a tiny step to meet her sister. Later. I’ll talk to her later, or...or well maybe talk to Lacey about it, I’m not great at the feelings thing and girls, and hell if I want to make things worse. Maybe her mom should have that talk with her, like I did with Kharon. Hmm. Problem for another day, since I’m not about to burden Lacey with that kind of a talk just now.

Ah. And Kylin has an excellent question, but the baby snorts and huffs and turns to stare pointedly at Kharon when everybody else starts discussing names. Like he should speak up. Like he should be saying something, because--oh. Ohhh. Right, that clever brain trick of his. “Kharon?”

Oh. Oh, she’s got her momma’s angel eyes, and she turns ‘em on me just then. Puzzled, wrinkled brow, and then her eyes go wide with delight. Daddy may not be the cleverest thing, but now and again he gets it right, baby girl. “I think she’d like Kharon to do the honors, if that’s okay with everyone.” I glance at Lacey, reluctant to take the choice away from her, but it seems like it might already not have been hers to make. Looks like somebody might’ve made a friend already, hmm?

I grin and lean in to kiss my new daughter on the forehead, taking advantage of her attention to get my own hello in. “Hi there, angel eyes.” It’s not eloquent. It’s not deep or profound or touching, just a couple little words to welcome her to the world, to our family. I don’t know how else to do it, to say she’s ours, she’s safe, she’s loved beyond words. How to tell her she stole my heart with one look, or that I’ll do my damndest to always be there for her, to never let her down, to break anyone who hurts her. All that’s better shown anyhow, isn’t it? So I just breathe in the scent of her, my sweet baby girl, and nuzzle her gently once more before turning to look at Kharon. Do the honors, then, won’t you, son?
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: baddie - by Badden - 04-17-2017, 07:31 PM
    RE: baddie - by Kerberos - 04-30-2017, 04:30 PM
    RE: baddie - by Badden - 05-04-2017, 06:01 PM
    RE: baddie - by Kerberos - 05-14-2017, 09:19 PM
    RE: baddie - by Wallace - 05-17-2017, 03:56 PM
    RE: baddie - by Kharon - 05-17-2017, 03:57 PM
    RE: baddie - by Kali - 05-20-2017, 12:58 PM
    RE: baddie, whole family (kali birth thread!) - by Kerberos - 06-04-2017, 11:16 AM