• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

baddie, whole family (kali birth thread!)
    kharon
    Kylin came to his side and nestled in close. It was completely natural to lean into her, press closer and touch his nose to her cheek. He was glad she was here with him. It made everything else hurt less. Mother's snap at him and now this new kid taking his place. At least he wasn't replaceable to Kylin. They would always have each other.

Each of his dads came to reassure him, though, with calming touches and ruffles through his fluffy mane. He smiled hesitantly, a little afraid to trust their offered comforts with such an attractive little brother come to take his place. Kali would probably prefer him better too one day, growing up together as they would. Maybe even Kylin. And the thought made him settle in closer, already afraid to lose his twin.

Then there she was, his Kali, and he stared in tense silence, waiting to see if she would recognize him or remember him. And he knew immediately that she did, as soon as she looked at him. He smiled carefully, flowing into her mind with relief and surrounded her in his affection. Kali.. he whispered silently to her, stretching his nose to help her reach him. My Khari, he heard and his smile grew, giving a short nod and pressing his forehead to hers. You remember, he thought softly, I was afraid you would forget. I've never met someone before they were born.

He almost didn't hear Father prompting him, but his eyes didn't leave her as he answered. "Kali. Her name is Kali." He pressed a kiss to her forehead, passing a last thought before gently slipping from her mind. Remember to use your voice. Only I can hear you this way. He couldn't wait to hold her on his own, or take her out places, or tuck her right in the middle between he and Kylin all curled together.

And Baddie. Her brother.

He glanced at him, already hating the idea. Why'd they have to bring a boy home? Why'd he have to have wings too? Kharon used to be special once. Now he was just another son.

Kharon turned away, burying his face in Kylin's neck with a sigh as everyone else greeted Kali. She knew of his telepathy too, of course. She knew everything about him. But he still tried not to use it often. He still wanted -needed- to keep it hidden and he didn't want to get too used to it and let it slip one day. He ignored that desire today and filled her mind too, letting her sense his fear that she wouldn't love him as much as Baddie one day. What if they all liked him better?

Let's go, please? I don't want to be here anymore, he asked her, not mentioning that Mother didn't want them there anyway with her Kali and her little handsome boy. Whatever. He and Kylin should just go be alone together while everyone was busy and distracted. He started walking, holding her close to his side where she belonged and placing a light kiss on her cheek.

I'll come see you soon, he promised their baby sister. When Mother is more inviting. She doesn't want me here right now.
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    RE: baddie - by Badden - 04-17-2017, 07:31 PM
    RE: baddie - by Kerberos - 04-30-2017, 04:30 PM
    RE: baddie - by Badden - 05-04-2017, 06:01 PM
    RE: baddie - by Kerberos - 05-14-2017, 09:19 PM
    RE: baddie - by Wallace - 05-17-2017, 03:56 PM
    RE: baddie - by Kharon - 05-17-2017, 03:57 PM
    RE: baddie - by Kali - 05-20-2017, 12:58 PM
    RE: baddie, whole family (kali birth thread!) - by Kharon - 06-10-2017, 02:41 PM