• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the c r o o k e d youth {any!}

Puzzle pieces don’t fit right sometimes, most blame the one trying to solve it, trying to push the parts in when they know it won’t fit. I am one of those that could sit there and idle over the thousand pieces, lose time, lose life, just sitting and trying to figure out the masterpiece beyond the shattered pieces. I spent a childhood solving my sire’s endless riddles, and often it ended in my wrongs and always his rights. I also learnt a long time ago that the old anecdote, two wrongs don’t make a right, well that is equally as wrong. I saw many wrong puzzle pieces thrown around, aimlessly stabbing an trying to fit them in place.

It’s like a King sitting in a Pawn’s place, a Knight hiding behind the Queen. A chessboard of life, white, black, black and white. I’v observed so much in my life, however short it may have been so far — or be in the future. And still I long for the taste of knowledge, the spice that sits in my tongue and hangs sharp in my throat. If I am to be that key my mother was so rigid about, then I must know all. I must see all and I must.. be all.

There’s something about the mare before me; her endless eyes that are bottomless, enticing. Like a well that goes on and on and on. Cold, dark and forever and ever. She draws me in, a siren’s glance, a mermaid’s touch. I can’t help but step forward, close, inch by curious inch. Coffee bean eyes holding Chantale’s far longer than I’m sure is even possible, before finally I blink, my ears swivelling underneath her words.

”Mad. Mad?” I question, sharp poison lingering on my tongue, I chuckle, low, a witch’s cackle lost within me. ”The best ones are Mad. They know all, they see all.” a deliberate and harsh intake of breath. I’m astounded, in awe, lost in a gaze of star-struck amaze. ”they are all.”

I’d grown up on riddling song, damning rhyme and a concoction of death’s serenade. Black as night and cold as winter’s breath, I recall many things, seeing many things, but this creature, this deathly beauty before me was something else entirely. I was besotted. Obsessed. She reaches out and I do too. I inhale her, bittersweet poison, it coats me in a blanket and I just wrap myself up, feeling warm, pleased.

”What are you, Chantale. Who are you? Really?” A reaper, a cold and merciless sword at the back of necks, a glittering eye that lures them in. I’m hers within a heartbeat, she’s my future, my ticket to learning all I need. Like a wild deer I’m trapped, gazing at her with fond eyes and a heart that beats in rigid, unkept patterns. Slowly, I’m dying, slowly second by second, it’s excruciating but I cannot look away. I cannot be away. I must know. I must have what she knows.

Life. Death. She transcends time, space. She is a nightmare, a dream.

”I must know everything. I need to." my voice is crisp, falling leaves in autumn, warm, like the sun in a dying summer’s eve. A whisper, a dying breath in a loved one’s ear. ”I’d do anything to know.”

I’m the key. Without a lock. A Key on a chain that hangs loose from a jailer’s hip. To a cell of a mad man, or woman, rusty old chains and bars won’t keep me at bay. I’d knock them down if it were to find the answer. Anything. Everything.

Messages In This Thread
    the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by Nykeln - 05-28-2015, 05:23 AM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by chantale - 05-28-2015, 05:56 PM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by Nykeln - 05-29-2015, 01:44 AM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by chantale - 05-29-2015, 09:44 AM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by Nykeln - 05-29-2015, 10:12 AM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by chantale - 06-01-2015, 10:51 AM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by Nykeln - 06-01-2015, 02:40 PM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by chantale - 06-03-2015, 03:07 PM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by Nykeln - 06-03-2015, 04:23 PM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by chantale - 06-04-2015, 01:45 PM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by Nykeln - 06-04-2015, 02:15 PM